electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
em06 5:45 Sunday, If you saw my set...
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
utenzil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: em06 5:45 Sunday, If you saw my set... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

let me know what you thought...
vostek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah dude, i meant to introduce myself and compliment you on what i heard. I was only able to hear the first 10-15 minutes because we had to run to dinner, but i was really into it and felt inspired to dance to it. the rhythms and tonal qualities of the elements were refreshing and lively. It was kinda like metallic industrial type sounds but not too jarring or atonal like some of those types of sounds. can i hear more of your music online?
utenzil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vostek wrote:
yeah dude, i meant to introduce myself and compliment you on what i heard. I was only able to hear the first 10-15 minutes because we had to run to dinner, but i was really into it and felt inspired to dance to it. the rhythms and tonal qualities of the elements were refreshing and lively. It was kinda like metallic industrial type sounds but not too jarring or atonal like some of those types of sounds. can i hear more of your music online?

Thanks much, sorry we couldn't chat... for more music, I've posted in the online music forum here: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-11861.html also have a peek at http://utenzil.com for some other freely available downloads, also samples from my first CD "Utenzil" (set up for downloadable purchase there via PayPlay).

Wan

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 46

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i've listened to a part of your performance via the stream and i liked it very much. It's a pity i couldn't see you. Now there was a moment where you sang that the guitar wasn't working? Was that real, did you improvise the text on that moment? I thought it was very funny and a great way to overcome some technical malfunction Very Happy

Cudoos for your set Exclamation

utenzil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wan wrote:
i've listened to a part of your performance via the stream and i liked it very much. It's a pity i couldn't see you. Now there was a moment where you sang that the guitar wasn't working? Was that real, did you improvise the text on that moment? I thought it was very funny and a great way to overcome some technical malfunction Very Happy

Cudoos for your set Exclamation

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked that... Laughing yeh, it really happened, I had started out thinking I'd play guitar over the computer-based groove, picked up the guitar but it wasn't giving me signal for some reason (effects pedals gave out, maybe?)... didn't have time to troubleshoot it, and so needing some overlay, I fell back to improvising melody/lyrics.

Very Happy that was a real watershed moment for me: the traditional musical technology failed while the digital electronics/software forged ahead! Very Happy

sounds_of_impermanence

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

had some korean food and was plutzing with my stuff pre-set, as I went on after you and matt h (whose sounds I also know and enjoy)--so I missed your set Crying or Very sad But am really ENJOYING what I'm listening to right now on the web and am kicking myself for not inhaling the soju and kimchee quicker (BTW amazing korean food in cheltenham).

I'm listening to 'Effektor' and it really reminds me of Richard Kirk's various projects, especially SANDOZ w/ its industro, snake-like rhythms and multi-layered textures: deceptively simple sounding but far more interesting then so much techno-fare... None of these comparisons is BTW to suggest that what you are doing is not original--it is--but am a HUGE fan of EDM (especially the early, more interesting stuff e.g., Cabaret Voltaire) so can't help but drop a few names Wink any future gigs?

I've got one slated for the Gate in November but hope to get at least another in before then (damn, that's like 5 months away Crying or Very sad )

Ben Fleury-Steiner
www.gearsofsand.net/bfsportal
utenzil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sounds_of_impermanence wrote:

I'm listening to 'Effektor' and it really reminds me of Richard Kirk's various projects, especially SANDOZ w/ its industro, snake-like rhythms and multi-layered textures: deceptively simple sounding but far more interesting then so much techno-fare... None of these comparisons is BTW to suggest that what you are doing is not original--it is--but am a HUGE fan of EDM (especially the early, more interesting stuff e.g., Cabaret Voltaire) so can't help but drop a few names Wink any future gigs?

I've got one slated for the Gate in November but hope to get at least another in before then (damn, that's like 5 months away Crying or Very sad )

Thanks for the kind words... I caught your set that night, great flow, wonderful harmonies and expertly mixed layers-- harmony/chords I'm not so good at, I was very impressed.

There are possibilities in august and july in either or both of Baltimore and DC, but nothing definite just yet.

sounds_of_impermanence

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

utenzil wrote:
sounds_of_impermanence wrote:

Thanks for the kind words... I caught your set that night, great flow, wonderful harmonies and expertly mixed layers-- harmony/chords I'm not so good at, I was very impressed.

There are possibilities in august and july in either or both of Baltimore and DC, but nothing definite just yet.

Keep me posted I'm in nearby Delaware, and would like to catch your live show. Many thanks for yr great feedback! I'm exactly the opposite of you: Not particularly good at intricate beat work. But I love EDM, IDM, and ambient music equally: We might consider jamming sometime as our different approaches might make for some very dynamic sounds...Since the conference, I am very energized to do more collaborative jamming.

Ben Fleury-Steiner
www.gearsofsand.net/bfsportal
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: