electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » How-tos
Which sequencer?
Page 2 of 3 [51 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hehe stein beat me by seconds
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have been practising that draw..
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hell, Cakewalk Professional 3.0 is an excellent PC sequencer. In fact, if not for Sonar, I would still be using it, and something else as a multitrack. It's some 10 years old at this point, and 16 bit. I have it around. It's one floppy.

On the Mac side, I must concede ignorance, but you're in good company on that topic here.

Cyx

"Yeah right, who's the only one here who knows secret illegal ninja moves from the government?"
-Napoleon Dynamite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
play

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, sorry. PC.

I'd like to be able to say 'both' but I've been strictly a PC user for awhile now.

Is cakewalk 3 anything like overture? I remember using that program ona mac years ago and if I'm not mistaken that's what the software was called before Cakewalk bought it from opcode.
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been using Cakewalk Pro since version 1 way back in '91, but I dont recall Twelve Tone Systems (Cakewalk Music Systems' old moniker) acquiring anything from Opcode, could be wrong of course. May not have been paying attention at the time.

Wasnt Overture a scoring application? That is something that Cakewalk has never really pursued scoring tools. Just sequencing, then multitrack audio. 3.0 is purely a sequencer. You can use audio samples in it (16/44.1) but that is all. In fact, with the exception of new features, I would still take 3.0's sequencer over any other version of theirs, had I the option. They had/have a nasty habit of making ALOT of minor but important "adjustments" to the sequencer from version to version, and are always improvements, more or less, but some of the handy old things sure are missed. I loved 3.

Cyx

"Yeah right, who's the only one here who knows secret illegal ninja moves from the government?"
-Napoleon Dynamite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.sweetwater.com/publications/sweetnotes/sn-holiday96/HolidaySN_06.html

Yes, Cyx...

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

noiseusse wrote:
Oh, I'd like to be able to say 'both' but I've been strictly a PC user for awhile now.

I am to, so feel in good company. If you can call me good. My setup entails 3 PCs, in fact.

Incidentally, I forgot to mention in my last post that for some reasion I had been of the impression that Overture was a scoring application, not necessarily a sequencer per se, a la Finale or Encore.
Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finale is basically also a scoring app.. a dtp app for sheet music. It is excellent, but I haven¨t used it since vers. 1.0. My first choice these days would be Sibelius, but I am still using paper and pen.. and also the scoring section in Cubase. I drag the score window onto my second monitor and read from the window when I play/record.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
play

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, Overture was a scoring app with midi capabilities. I recently took a look at the new version of Finale and it looks almost exactly like Overture which came up sometime in the early 90's (i think).

Quote:

but I am still using paper and pen..

I too use pen and paper.

Any idea how to get a hold of cakewalk 3?
paul e.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Any idea how to get a hold of cakewalk 3

do you mean 'other than buying it' Question

hehe tsk tsk

play

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, do they still sell it?
paul e.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh yeah..good question
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3.0 hasnt been sold since Pro Audio 4.5 replaced it back in like 1994.

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite

Last edited by Cyxeris on Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, I have used them all, as I got into them from version 1.

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite

Last edited by Cyxeris on Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
play

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you ever appear on soulseek?
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, never used it. sorry

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
themoors

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If your looking for a bare bones sequencer why not try cubasis or somthing like that? I think they knock it out free, legally of course.

I should have thought a version of cakewalk from that long ago would have problems running on modern operating system, 1994 would mean that it was designed for DOS or windows 3.1.
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

themoors wrote:
I should have thought a version of cakewalk from that long ago would have problems running on modern operating system, 1994 would mean that it was designed for DOS or windows 3.1.

You are correct. 16 bit application.

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
pacific112j

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hy!

Can someone send me cakewalk pro 3 to pacific112j.0@hotmail.com?

Thank you!
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pacific112j wrote:
Hy!

Can someone send me cakewalk pro 3 to pacific112j.0@hotmail.com?

Thank you!

Not very likely. It would be software piracy. Laughing

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am looking forward to his next post Exclamation Shocked

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
pacific112j

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know where to buy it because this is old software. I'm search on google and didn't find anything useful.
pacific112j

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How to transfer rhythm from pc to keyboard and from keyboard to pc?
Is there any software which do that?
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pacific112j wrote:
How to transfer rhythm from pc to keyboard and from keyboard to pc?
Is there any software which do that?

You want to use MIDI. Read about it on the internet.

You should start with some sort of free sequencer for your PC. You can download Reaper for free, but you should pay for it if you decide to use it. It's cheap though, but still excellent. That's just one. It is actually better than Cakewalk 3.

see http://www.reaper.fm/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pacific112j

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I downloaded it.
I have some old keyboard that support .ins files. I would like to open it and modify.
Also I would like to transfer this files from keyboard to pc. Is this possible? And if is then how to do it?
Page 2 of 3 [51 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » How-tos
Jump to: