electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Documentation of E-M 06?
Page 2 of 2 [38 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
utenzil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That all sounds great, thanks for the update, Greg.
utenzil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

egw wrote:
Anyone who wants can get the hi-res versions of their photos. Hong retains the copyright but will give permission to use them. Please credit her if you publish them.

The Photos are great! Dumb q: Hong's full name to credit?

[edit] that was a dumb q-- Hong Waltzer Smile

vostek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

About wmv format....
someone said qt is good but a pain for pc users. I disagree. I've never had any problems running any quicktime movies on my pc. Additionally, wmv is a real pain for mac users, much moreso than qt is a pain for pc users.
The only thing wmv has going for it is some nice compression ratios.
Someone mentioned h.264. If you could post in that codec as at qt file, i think that would be ideal.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know much about all these formats. It might be interesting to post the best contenders for a standard format on a new forum topic. Then we could get feedback from members willing to try them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A lot of it depends on what software one has. I can do either QT, avi, wmv and flash (I think). However, I have found wmv to be more universal. QT does look good, but the files can be unwieldy.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
rbedgar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Video formats
Subject description: Differentiation
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

.wmv is a Windows-only format. Microsoft introduced a Media Player capable of reading this format only after it stopped making new versions of Media Player for the Mac. The available Media Player for the Mac will only play .avi format videos.

.qt is available for both Windows and the Mac, but has to be specifically downloaded for Windows through www.apple.com . This is free, it's just that it's not built-in. The latest qt format is V264, which includes the abilty to handle high definition video. But I don't know that anyone was shooting HD video at EM 2006.

Flash video can be played by anyone who has a Flash plugin in their browser,which is over 90% of the people on the web, so it is the most ubiquitous. It is also--for the testiing I've done--the best image at web-streaming sizes. However, whoever does the video formatting has to own the Flash application, not just the Flash plugin/player, and that can be expensive. Also: the best video is through Flash Version 8, and some people may have to update their FLash player to see video in that format.

There is also Real Media Video, but I am not fond of that, and so will leave it to someone else to discuss, if they like.

The present day composer refuses to sleep...
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Re H264, I posted a lutefisk video in Schmooze using that codec. the coedc allows for excellent image quality and it is easy to tweak the settings in order to get something that downloads reasonably fast. Very Happy
And.. it also plays on a video iPod...

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...and ... there are already a lot of free video transcoders for making H264 iPod ready files. We like free, donĀ“t we?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A H264 file: Lutefisk

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...ok kiddies, for a limited time, our friday set (mark, ramona, me)..sadly, no video yet (dr t), but i do have the video recording as well. no edits, and i spliced our short later set right on to the longer set.

Code:

<a href= "http://www.thejambientproject.com/downloads/Live@EM06!.mp3" Live at EM06</a>

deknow

[edit] ...i don't think the site software likes the ! in the filename...you will have to paste it.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Listening now, Deknow. Sounds great...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks howard,

i'm pretty happy with how it sounds...i think it's worth the effort to put it together with the video and do a dvd Smile

deknow
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deknow wrote:
do a dvd :)

Oh yes, please. I'd buy it ! (as I like the track).

Page 2 of 2 [38 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: