electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Rob Adventures in Sound
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » News... » Gear News
Waldorf Website is Gone
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Waldorf Website is Gone Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They turned the lights out at Waldorf, and their website is gone. The forum is moving to Yahoo. What a great legacy they have left behind. The Q is my favorite synth. I also treasure my microwave XT. I hope to see them rise again in the near future.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 125
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very sad.

Elektro80 was actively trying to download as much of their site as he could. Stay tuned, we may put it up here as a service to Waldorf owners.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have most of the FTP site. I did not archive the very website. sorry guys..

I will put what I have now, out on a shared volume. I am trying to get in touch with Wolgang Düren in order to discuss the copyrights issues.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK... what I have now seems pretty decent... obviously some of the stuff from the old site is gone already.

It seems like a huge library of patches uploaded by users is gone too. OK.. this was a great resource, but the copyright issues are messy. It is far better to recreate the library with fresh uploads and demand that all uploads also have all the neccessary metainfo and credits.

I am slightly busy with other tasks now, but I will make what I have available thru electro-music.com, when and if I can get a clear signal from like Wolgang Düren or others that doing this is probably OK. On the other hand, if Howard can make up some sort of text regarding this with a disclaimer and whatnot.. stating that this is done entirely as a service for Waldorf users etc etc.. and with good intentions etc etc. and so forth

Hmm.. if Howard throws this together.. I can have the stuff up within a few hours... Very Happy

I am not quite sure i will use ftp What if I set up a volume which is browsable by http.. and Howard makes a frameset which loads the waldorf directory structure.. and also keeps the electro-music.com masthead and the link to the disclaimer / info text ??

This volume can get the node name waldorf.electro-music.com and I can set up a pretty tight secure even though the directory structure is "browsable"

Howard? Your thoughts on this?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You never know, they, over at Waldorf, may welcome this sort of proaction, as it certainly would alleviate some heat on them over support deficits.

Cyx

"Yeah right, who's the only one here who knows secret illegal ninja moves from the government?"
-Napoleon Dynamite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Incidentally, I made an attempt at downloading everything from their FTP site myself, as a fallback, the other night. I got about half the folders, before it started tanking and failing. If there is anything missing from your pull, let me know and I'll see if it came down on my pull. I dont know how much I got because I dont know how much remained.

Cyx

"Yeah right, who's the only one here who knows secret illegal ninja moves from the government?"
-Napoleon Dynamite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good idea, Jeremey. I guess we should have some sort of feedback board for the contents.. making it possible for users to add information and add files they think are relevant, missing or whatever.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A site specificly devoted to open support to orphaned companies' gear would be cool. As far as Waldorf is concerned, I'm sure pretty much everything on their FTP site can be found elsewhere on the net, with a little effort and knowlege...

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » Gear News
Jump to: