electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Nord Rack 2, unwanted noise
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Oliver D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Nord Rack 2, unwanted noise
Subject description: Some advice needed about using the Nord rack 2
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

I am new to this forum. Drawn here by the hope that someone with abit of experience with the Nord 2 can possibly give me some simple (hopefully) advice.

I am using the Nord rack 2, at the moment, plugged into the step sequencer in cubase sx2. When I use it I mainly use it to do repetetive basslines noises. The 'problem' is there always seems to be this clicky type noise in the background to the sound, sort of before the sound, this happens when the filter is down very low and the resonance is up high. It does not seem to do this when the playing notes from a controller keyboard.

I just got this Nord 2 back from being repaired, and although what was repaired was something different, the repair people did not pick up on it, (it is perhaps a subtle noise, but once you notice it is always there, and is superfluous to the note/noise I want to make).

I hope there is some simple explanation and ther is something I can do to stop it.

Is there anyone with experince of the Nord Rack that could help. I'd appreciate it alot.

Thanks,

Oliver
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome

I don't have a Nord Lead, but someone will probably chime in.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Oliver D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Abit too hasty- Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd better say, I found my solution, I knew it would be simple and I was being abit thick, switched to polyphonic rather than mono and the noise stopped, although in theory it should not be making the noise anyway in mono as I was only playing one note at a time (at 143 bpm, perhaps it is abit slow in some respects).

Having just waited months to get my Nord back from repair, I was quite keen to avoid the frustration of trying to stop this noise, without really knowing what I was doing.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glad you found the solution to your problem. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
oldsynthguy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This probably doesn't apply to the Nord (and it appears you solved your problem), but some synths will click when the attack time is set to zero. Examples are the Roland Jupiter 6 and ARP 2600.
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Jump to: