electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Waldorf FTP Archive Available Here
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Waldorf FTP Archive Available Here Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Wave (picture © Waldorf-Electronics GmbH)
It is very unfortunate and a loss to the electro-music community that Waldorf Music AG has recently become insolvent and their web and FTP sites have gone away. When we got the news, we made a copy of the Waldorf FTP site. A few files are missing, but what we do have is here.

We are not claiming any ownership of the contents of this FTP volume. We offer this as a free service to all Waldorf users out there. This is our way of saying "Thank You" to the Waldorf team; to honor them. It is a sad thing that Waldorf GMBH folded. Their wonderful instruments will hopefully be with us for years to come.

To do our bit to assure the legend of Waldorf will not fade, we are offering upload space for whatever relevant files the Waldorf user community thinks would be fitting and appropriate to add to this file structure. Please get in touch with us, tell us what you have and where in the structure you think it should go.

We are not willing to host copies of full commercial software products from Waldorf. There are, of course, copyright issues. What we are trying to provide here is a user resource, not a free lunch for those who were not willing to buy Waldorf instruments when the company was still in business. To our knowledge, the FTP structure we are providing contains only files that are in the public domain.

If a new resurrected Waldorf GMBH shows up, we will of course take this site down, at least the files copied from the company's FTP site, if that is called for.

There are a few boxes of the PPG VSTi still available at some retailers. Get them if you can! That product is amazing and you can probably get it cheap. The actual instrument is outstanding; I know. I owned several of the original PPG Wave synths way back when they were brand new. The software version is top notch! The only thing I am missing is having the Waveterm on my second monitor.

A significant number of the Waldorf users are getting together at http://www.waldorf.synth.net/. We would really appreciate if any of you guys would add some posts here with links to other Waldorf resources on the net. Also, we have just set up a forum for users to upload patches here on electro-music.com. If you have any interesting patches for Waldorf instruments, please post them here.

If you have any comments, suggestions or complaints, please let us know.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr

Last edited by elektro80 on Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I say bravo! Wink

Cyx

"Yeah right, who's the only one here who knows secret illegal ninja moves from the government?"
-Napoleon Dynamite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I posted a link to this topic on the Waldorf forum at http://www.osxaudio.com

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Teksonik

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for hosting the files.I have ordered a copy of the PPG vsti from Sam Ash Music for $49.99.When I placed my order they had 13 copies left.As soon as the instrument is delivered I will start work on some patches and upload them here as soon as they are finished.It is indeed sad that Waldorf has folded.Perhaps some of the employees will find a sponser and continue operation.I have never owned a Waldorf synth but have heard many good things about them over the years. Sad
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The PPG VSTi is a vintage device. If you know the original you will love this one. It is an interesting instrument, and you can make pretty wierd patches with it. The original had separate outs for each voice ( 8 ) and the usual thing to do was take the outputs into modules and do some weird processing.

I have a piece somewhere here which uses the PPGs exstensively. You could check that one out in order to get an idea of what you can do. My patches aren´t quite like the signature PPG sounds used by TD and others way back then, and these signature" sounds does not in any way show the strengths of the PPG. Many of the signature sounds did also in fact come from the Waveterm sample library.

The Waldorf instruments are basically second generation PPG Wave and they have that old nice sound, but also takes the concepts from the PPG way into the twilight zone. Most Waldorf owners love their instruments.
The Waldorf instruments are really quite different from the competetion. Try to find one and play around with it. You will be amazed. One might argue that the Waldorf gear is too expensive, but this is a bit unfair. Nothing is quite like the Waldorf gear. Noone could ever claim that Waldorf were making unoriginal "mee-too" devices. Waldorf was original and did not directly go after competing with products from other vendors. In retrospect this could have been one of the reasons why they failed, but I loved this side of Waldorf. I really hope they get back on track in some new incarnation.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mr_rock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just want to thank you for posting the Waldof FTP archive. I had just purchased a used Pulse with OS 1.42 and was able to pull down the 2.01 version, burn a EPROM and now I'm good to go.

For future reference, the 32K EPROM needed for the Pulse (and the Plus I imagine) is a 27C256. Easily located and programmed.

If anyone has a question about burning their own EPROM (or having one done) please feel free to contact me.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Gary

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome, Gary. Thanks for joining the forum and letting us know the archive is of value to you. Have fun with your new instrument.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome... and hey, i like your signature.. ;]
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Waldorf Geckos (real) Manual Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I received this via email:
i thought you might be interested in sharing the real manual for the waldorf's geckos.
it's more information than the product details you have copied from the waldorf ftp-server.
it think waldorf put the wrong paper into the folder.

btw. thank you for mirroring the waldorf-files.

cheers
Alex

Gekko_Manual.pdf
 Description:
Gekko Maual

Download
 Filename:  Gekko_Manual.pdf
 Filesize:  1.16 MB
 Downloaded:  1538 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
minekime

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks a LOT for putting up the FTP site! It will be a great help to me as I try to resolve some issues.

Is there any way to log into the FTP server, so that entire folders at a time can be downloaded, or is the web interface the only way?

Thanks again,
Chris
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, there is no ftp access, only http. Crying or Very sad
minekime

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask Smile

Chris
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Jump to: