electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
dagas: "El Chivo"
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
dagas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: dagas: "El Chivo" Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi al!!... im new on this forum and i would like to share with u an electronic music track i made blending progressive house, techno & Blues (with guitars)...besides beign an electronic music producer i play the guitar too so i decided to make the experimente and see what happens...

Heres the track... its called "EL CHIVO"

Heres the link...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/dagasmusic.htm

Feedback greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Sorry, the SoundClick server is temporarily down for maintenance. Please check back in one hour.

WIll try again later! Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome, Dagas.

That track cooks. Smile

I'm not a big fan of electric guitar in electronic music, although you are certainly a good player. To me, the guitar sounds like it comes from a different era compared to the the drum and bass which are very mechanical and precise.

When I hear drum, bass and guitar, I think of Cream. Rolling Eyes

I play in an electronic music band with a guitarist. He hears this from me constantly.

Sorry to be negative.

Have you tried MIDI quitar?

I listened to several of your other tracks. Excellent stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great track! I have no complaints! Great stuff. The electronic groove might possibly need a bit of variation in order to talk better with the guitar part. I works great as it is now, but you have something going on here you could develop more.

I am fond of guitars. My favorite guitar track is "Imperial Walls" ( Peter Hammill ). A cute mix of electronics and guitar is "Blackouts" ( Manuel Göttsching - Ashra ). He basically plays Berlin School electronic music on his guitar. A really classic LP. It was released on Virgin in 77.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
dagas

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for the review guys!!

MOSC i havent tried midi guitar, i think im too atached to my fender, i do love CREAM tough!! Very Happy

ELEKTRO80 well i havent heard Peter Hammill. About german electronica i do like goa trance, like sun project for example. But they mix heavymetal like guitars, i do that too but now im experimenting with more bluesy licks because i feel more comfortable playing that way.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I have heard some of the GOA stuff in cafees and bars. I have no clear idea about what electronica is. The GOA stuff I have heard is pretty relaxing and cool.

I have some songs with guitar myself, but I am not that skilled and do not do solo stuff that much . I ahev a thingie called A Scanner Darkly somewhere here, probably in my XMAS special whichh has some gitars in it. Hmm.. what do I know, I even like organs
Shocked

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
dagas

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Organs rulez!!! a la Jimmy Smith...i luv the sound of the Hammond B3.
Michael Chocholak

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As far as I'm concerned ("... but there's usually a guitar in there somewhere"), a guitar is almost always welcome. Certainly here. Nice bangin track! House/techno/IDM et al is usually not my thing. I can groove on a good beat, but, not being much of a dancer (in public anyway Very Happy ), I'm always looking for something to happen in the mix for my ears & head. Your git def does that. My only complaint is that you didn't bring it in sooner! Hope you do more of this. Might get me to rethink my approach to these genres.

You showed me yours, I'll show ya mine. Tho more of a 90's thing. Like your merging it with the stronger driving techno beat. Hmmmm.... Cool

I was seriously tempted to give up everything and go be a farmer or something... - Jack Endino, Seattle record producer
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: