electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  EdisonRex Edison's Electronic Review
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » News... » Conferences and Journals
PhonoStatic 27' cassette
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: PhonoStatic 27' cassette Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now available for download, Retrograde Release no. 28, February 2004:

PhonoStatic 27' cassette

Description: http://psrf.detritus.net/volume/5/k7.html
(direct download of 11 ogg vorbis file available on above link)

Description. "Audio Anxiety." The present collection treats us to, among other things, an early two-track cut-up experiment by The Tape-beatles that brazenly rips off the Benny Goodman Orchestra; a snotty commentary about the then-current state of art by Weather Nouveau; representative pieces from the voluminous and adventuresome cassette deck stylings of X.Y. Zedd; and spooky soundbed meets headbending philosophy by Bob Gregory and Jason Gibbs. Cellist and electronic musician Fredrick Lonberg-Holm contributes the excellent "Bits", and along with all this is the consummate noise-art by such familiar names as Big City Orchestra, tENTATIVELY, a cONVENIENCE, and The Haters; among others.

Contributors include. Bob Gregory and Jason Gibbs, Weather Nouveau, The Tape-beatles, Fredrick Lonberg-Holm, X.Y. Zedd, The Haters, tENTATIVELY, a cONVENIENCE, Big City Orchestra, and John E.

--- and ---

Now available for download, Retrograde Release no. 29, March 2004:

PhotoStatic 25/26 Double Issue

Description: http://psrf.detritus.net/volume/5/p2526.html
Direct download: http://psrf.detritus.net/pdf/p2526.pdf (14.8 Mb)

Description. "Networking." This issue falls in one of yearly numbering deviations to which the series was prone, comprising massive double issue of over a hundred pages. Readers were also treated to the noteworthy augment of a series of 20 artist post cards interspersed throughout, a large-format photocopy poster, and a "stamp grab-bag" of postage stamps from around the world. Too many artists took part in this issue for me to justify singling any of them out, and so I leave the list at the end of this page to speak for itself. The editor is indebted to all their efforts, and grateful for their willingness to trust their expressions to my hands.

Contributors include. Ll. Dunn, Piotr Szyhalski, Crag Hill, Ruggero Maggi, Carol Stetser, Lang Thompson, Phlegm Pets, Chris Winkler, Janet Janet, John Rininger, d'Zoid, Bob Gregory, Jack Moskovitz, R. K. Courtney, Greg Evason, Thomas Wiloch, Zen Sutherland, Ben Allen, Ph. Billé, Harry Polkinhorn, Joel Lipman, Daniel Plunkett, Chris Mitchell, Serse Luigetti, A.1. Waste Paper Co., Joseph Keppler, G. X. Jupitter-Larsen, Alessandro Aiello, Uta-Maria Krapf, G. Huth, DeVillo Sloan and Ruth Showalter, Jake Berry, Arturo Giuseppe Fallico, Musicmaster, Clemente Padín, Jorge Caraballo, George Myers, Luc Fierens, Ralph Johnson, Patrick T, Tom Hibbard, and Joseph A. Uphoff, Jr.

Project Overview: The Photostatic Retrograde Archive serves as an electronic repository for a complete collection of PhotoStatic Magazine, PhonoStatic Cassettes, Retrofuturism, and Psrf, (as well as related titles). Issues are posted as PDF or Ogg Vorbis files, at more or less regular intervals, in reverse chronological order to form a chronological mirror image of the original series. When the first issue, dating from 1983, is finally posted in several year's time, then this electronic archive will be complete.

Issue directory: http://psrf.detritus.net/issues.html

Project URL: http://psrf.detritus.net/

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 125
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I listened to the first track on the first tape. A bit of an ordeal. Is there anything work hearing on these tapes?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have tried to listen to a few of these pieces and gave up. Shocked , but there might be some good sounds in there.. somwhere..

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr

Last edited by elektro80 on Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 125
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, if anyone finds a gem in here, pleaes let us know. I have a feeling there is some good stuff in there, but I don't have the enthusiasm and time to go through all this.

Unfortunately, I don't have a way to play the oggs as streams. I have to download them and play them in separate processes. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » Conferences and Journals
Jump to: