electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
MINISYNTH KITS FOR SALE
Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
lanxe

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: MINISYNTH KITS FOR SALE Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One full kit Left, plus labeled case for $129..............9/14/06

plus one fully built box that needs some work (fix a few things, dig through the rats nest of wires and figure out what is wrong with some small things). $60

. These kits include everything you need to build a minisynth EXCEPT: wire and solder, and tools (wire strippers, soldering iron, pliers, etc)

The kits DO come with:
- a geiger counter case
- Ray's Nice PCB
- All PCB components (resistors, caps, transistors, IC's, Diodes, etc)
- All Panel Mount components (Jacks, switches and pots).

for more info or questions, email me at bocookdot7@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Ryan

Last edited by lanxe on Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Pehr

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does the empty geiger cases come with the labels for osc 1, osc 2, filter, mixer... etc? Like the one on the linked page...
http://www.garageband.com/artist/loxodrom
http://soundcloud.com/loxodrom
lanxe

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

for $xxx USD, they will not have the labeling.
but i have about 3 kits with cases labeled (like in the pictures) that i can offer for $xxx plus shipping.....on a first come first serve basis.

if you email me i will give you that option as long as they are available.

Thanks,
Ryan

egon@thoserecords.com

Last edited by lanxe on Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
mome rath

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where are you located in Columbus? I'm in town also.. I'd like to see a working soundlab, since mine will never get finished Laughing
lanxe

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, lots of people are from ohio here!!!!

actually i just moved out to Carson City Nevada, although my family still lives in ohio (youngstown area).

i just havent changed my profile here. there are a couple of mini synth boxes floating around in ohio.

ryan
spoorkoning

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: What's round on the ends and hi in the middle? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lanxe wrote:
wow, lots of people are from ohio here!!!!

ryan

Maybe we should blame the spudboys from Akron, DEVO!
lanxe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey...........just took some pictures of the kits so you get a little better idea of what it is you are buying.

Buy an unlabeled kit now for $149 USD plus shipping

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

here are the labeled boxes (only two left though)

email questions to:
egon@thoserecords.com
fluxmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: good trader Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just a quick "good trader" report... i picked up a pair of populated boards, great service & quick shipping, an excellent transaction. now to put together my dual patchable sl...

bbob
lanxe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, just an update because we have been getting questions.........

the website is down (www.thoserecords.com) so we dont have the pictures posted there.

please email all questions/orders to bocookdot7@yahoo.com
we are working on the new site.

Thanks,
Ryan
mjproc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are there any kits left for sale? Do you accept foreign orders? I'm located in Norway, and might order two kits.
lanxe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, we have a few kits left.

Yes we have had may successful shipments outside the states.....

Thanks for the interest.

Ryan
toybox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any kits with out geiger counter case
lanxe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah,
we can do a kit without a case, no problem. email bocookdot7@yahoo.com
opg

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lanxe wrote:
Yeah,
we can do a kit without a case, no problem. email bocookdot7@yahoo.com

If you can do a kit without a case, then would the adjusted price be $109 (as $45 was listed for purchasing just an empty case)?

lanxe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We have 4 kits left.........one labeled box, three non labeled boxes.

I was going through the inventory, and i think we actually have alot of extra stuff (knobs, pots, jacks, cases, resistors, caps, ic sockets, switches, etc)

if you need any spare parts, hit us up we have quite a bit left over and the price will be way less than a supplier.

price reduced to $129 for a kit plus shipping (no, without the case its not cheaper......we are selling these at a loss now).

email orders and questions to bocookdot7@yahoo.com or egon@thoserecords.com
toybox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sent you a email
DJQUIRK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Me want kit!!!
Subject description: NOW!!!!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yo man, check yo email!!-djquirk
ezcid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I bought a labeled kit from THOSE records and it arrived here in The Netherlands in two weeks - quick shipping!

Its a good kit as far as I can judge (just finished the PCB), it doesn't use the low-power LF444's but at least its complete (and pretty cheap for a non-bulk package of components). The case itself is very cool, kinda grimey and scratched but that's GHETTO Very Happy Besides, what would you expect from such a vintage Gieger counter...

Everything was neatly packaged in a big box (with my box, there wasn't any chance of components breaking during shipping) and the documentation is nicely done - nice schematics of the layout of the case, nicely laid out descriptions of the panel components, a part list, etc. Also included was a little booklet with basically all the info from Ray's soundlab page including (fold-out) schematics and all.

Also, lanxe/Ryan/THOSErecords always respond(s) to your emails within a day, I've sent him three emails with pretty noob-ish questions during PCB assembly and they were anwsered everytime, so I gotta say that its a good, noob friendly project (although maybe not ideal as a first project for a beginner - but not impossible either with some googling and motivation).

So: good stuff, props! Now for some (kinda mediocre) pics of my PCB:

lanxe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi......
Two things.....there are only two kits left to sell and then we are done (no more kits or built synths)! so if you want one, email bocookdot7@yahoo.com

the other thing.....i built the soundlabs minisynth into a kee bass keyboard (the same one i have already posted pictures in this messageboard). Since i have been spending all my time building my modular, i havent had the time to wire up the keyboard section of this minisynth.

SOLD

so i want to sell it......$149 plus shipping and its yours. the minisynth part is complete and working well. i added the fine tune pots and the lfo led, but did not add the 1v/octaving scaling mod. you just need to add the keyboard circuit on ray's website (www.musicfromouterspace.com) for a cool little keyboard.

here are some pictures:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/lanxe/handlabeled.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/lanxe/insidekee.jpg

email me any questions

Last edited by lanxe on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wild Zebra

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wish I had the moolah, That'll make someone real happy for 150.
lanxe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks,

yeah, with the parts, case and time into it......i think its worth the money. the parts alone cost about that and the case a little more.

by the way, there is a lid to this.....its like a suitcase. the original keyboard is a Rheem KEE Bass. look it up for a picture.

here: http://www.combo-organ.com/Rheem/index.htm
and here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Rheem-Musical-Instrument-Kee-Bass-Piano-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ280021788883QQihZ018QQcategoryZ29552QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rheem-Musical-Instrument-Kee-Bass-Piano-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ280021788883QQihZ018QQcategoryZ29552QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
lanxe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

----One Kit Left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who is going to get it! $129 plus shipping

-----ALSO: Take A fully built synth for $65 USD plus shipping:
I have a fully built minisynth (by somebody else) that was sent in for repairs.....the wiring is extreemly messy and i really dont feel like messing with it....i have too many other projects and i am kind of burnt out on these types of things. I dont remember exactly what is wrong with it.....i think one of the oscillators is not working and the lfo is acting up. it probably would be an easy fix if you didnt have to fish through all the rats nest in there.
it is in the geigercounter case (that was labeled and drilled by me just like the one on www.thoserecords.com/egon.htm ) so you get all the parts, case, knobs....fully assembled, but messy and not exactly working.

Last edited by lanxe on Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
bigtex

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, it is really tempting to get the one built into the Kee synth body. It just looks so cool! That's a great price, too, considering the cost of parts to complete a Sound Lab. I see a transformer in one of the pics, so I assume it plugs in for power with no wall wart needed. Pretty nice....

But like you say, spending time and money on a modular doesn't leave much time or money to finish other projects... and since the keyboard isn't wired up yet I just don't think I'd get around to it any time soon....

Still, a great price.
lanxe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Kee Bass is SOLD!!!!!!

so, we have one labeled kit left for sale. and thats it!

we also have the aboved mentioned rats nest minisynth that i dont feel like dealing with. $60. the parts alone are worth way more than that.

email me at bocookdot7@yahoo.com
Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Jump to: