electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Modular Synthesis
Modular Synthesizer Pictures
Page 3 of 26 [629 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 24, 25, 26 Next
kvnvk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Morby's Monster Modular (updated) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

morbius wrote:
With the addition of my two ZO's, I'm now maxed-out... unless or until I get another cabinet. At any rate, I've moved things around and no longer have ANY blank-panels on the front-side of either my studio or portable system. So here's the current configuration as of 8-06:

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

um... wow... Shocked
cebec

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's my small secondhand Serge... as always, "there's room for one more..." Laughing

serge.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  613.21 KB
 Viewed:  891 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

serge.jpg

serge2 .jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  585.02 KB
 Viewed:  11390 Time(s)

serge2 .jpg

amnesia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i cant work out how to upload images so here is my collection
http://www.flickr.com/photos/45395793@N00/

[editor's note: added one of the photos below. Be sure to check out the above link becuase there are many more pics there. --mosc]

seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

amnesia wrote:
i cant work out how to upload images

tip: click on the button "quote" of a previous message containing pictures and see how others do it.
you have to include the link to image files inside[img][/img]
Idea Very Happy

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Amnesia, nice gear. Thanks for posting these and welcome
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
amnesia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks MOSC you remind me , from the way you type on the keyboard of a nice chap named Howard Smile

Love to see pics of your gear plz
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

amnesia wrote:
Love to see pics of your gear plz

Click on the link in my sig...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
davep

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 73

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a recent picture of my modular. It's about 80% Dotcom, the rest is MOTM and an Encore Frequency Shifter and a pair of Encore Universal Event generators. I'm controlling it with the Nord G2 via an Encore Expressionist, which is an eight channel midi-CV converter. It's working out very well! Lots of cool sequency stuff and complex control signals coming from the G2 to the modular, plus some FX processing by sending the modular through the G2, and/or sending the G2 through the modular. Latest addition to the rig is a custom patch panel below the Expressionist which brings all of the Expressionists CV and gate jacks and all of the G2's audio in & out jacks out to the front for easy patching (not shown in this photo). Oh yeah, and the cool red lights on top. Oooooh.

SynthRed2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  114.91 KB
 Viewed:  854 Time(s)

SynthRed2.jpg

davep

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

.... and here's a picture of the custom patch panel. Note that CV1 and Gate1 are not included, these are patched directly from the back of the Expressionist to the CV & Gate buss inputs of the modular since they are almost always used. Also, the G2's 1&2 outs are not included because they are patched directly to console inputs.

The Gate2/3/4 outs are for when I want to build a polyphonic patch. The text below the CV2-CV8 jacks indicate the 'default' settings for these CV outs. I have a preset in the Expressionist that provides mono KYBD, VEL on CV2, and cc23-28 on the remaining CV outs. These correspond to settings in various G2 patching I've made that send all kinds of control signals via these cc#'s. I also have some polyphonic presets in the Expressionist that send 2, 3, and 4 KYBD CVs through some of the CV outs and fewer G2-generated control signals via cc's through the remaining outputs. Whee!

CV Patch Panel2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  44.29 KB
 Viewed:  777 Time(s)

CV Patch Panel2.jpg

bigtex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, man. Nice synth! I thought the picture you just posted looked familiar. When I saw your custom panel that goes with the Encore, I knew this was the one.

Did you get a good look at Jean Jacques' Ondioline? I don't think it was actually working, but it sure looked cool!

That was a very nice group of synths on the stage, what with your modular, Bryan's Jupiter, and the RML's Minimoog, and of course the Ondioline. If only I could have taken them all home. Very Happy

Even if the show was a bit like "lip synching" it was still very fun.

If you were at the JJ show, you probably didn't see me because I was frantically trying to make grounding issues go away Sad We never did get the buzz to go away Sad Sad Sad
davep

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Bigtex,

Hey, small world! So you were working at the gig? Fun place! For those who weren't there, the picture of my modular that Bigtex just posted was taken this past Tuesday 8/29 at the Jean-Jaques Perrey / Dana Countryman concert at Recombinant Media Labs in San Francisco. I was loaning it to them for the show.

bigtex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

davep wrote:
Hi Bigtex,

Hey, small world! So you were working at the gig? Fun place! For those who weren't there, the picture of my modular that Bigtex just posted was taken this past Tuesday 8/29 at the Jean-Jaques Perrey / Dana Countryman concert at Recombinant Media Labs in San Francisco. I was loaning it to them for the show.

Yes, I was helping out there that night. Recombinant Media Labs is indeed a cool place. Have you seen their synth room? Massive Serge and SMS modular. Amazing.

Do you have any recordings or do live shows? I'd like to hear what you can make that monster modular do!
davep

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bigtex wrote:

Yes, I was helping out there that night. Recombinant Media Labs is indeed a cool place. Have you seen their synth room? Massive Serge and SMS modular. Amazing.

Do you have any recordings or do live shows? I'd like to hear what you can make that monster modular do!

Yes, I got a tour of the place in the afternoon. Nice Serge! If you have any pictures of it you should send them to this this thread. I thought the gigantic million-dollar Neve VR recording console in the 'secret room' was kind of nice too...... And the huge multimedia space with the 16-channel surround system and dual Sony DMX-R100 digital consoles..... Who pays for all that stuff???

I have A CD of some of my work here at the electro-music Store. You can click on some clips at the bottom of the page to hear some excerpts. But I've only had the modular for a few months now and I don't have any finished stuff that shows it off yet. I have two new tracks in process and so far it sounds pretty massive. Just need time to get some work done on them!

bigtex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

davep wrote:
Yes, I got a tour of the place in the afternoon. Nice Serge! If you have any pictures of it you should send them to this this thread. I thought the gigantic million-dollar Neve VR recording console in the 'secret room' was kind of nice too...... And the huge multimedia space with the 16-channel surround system and dual Sony DMX-R100 digital consoles..... Who pays for all that stuff???

Not to hijack this thread... but one more reply on this. I'll actually be starting a new thread soon with info on the synth room at Recombinant Media Labs. I'll be doing some minor power supply repairs and tuning their whole modular. Quite an undertaking considering how many modules there are. Something like 8 square feet of panel space of SMS and Serge modules. So I'll try to take lots of photos and document my progress. I'll also probably be picking some brains around here for some help...

Yeah, the Neve board is massive. The 16-channel surround is amazing (all L-Acoustics speakers/amps, too). The dual linked Sony "Digital Oxford" DMX-R100 boards are just fantastic. The 10-screen wrap-around video projection system looks beautiful. So who pays for it? I still don't really know. I know the budget is somehow shared with Asphodel Records, but... it's all a mystery to me. Perhaps I'd rather not know...

They're always accepting interns, though Very Happy and it's worth working for free just to get access to that equipment and the great shows.
Funky40

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Dave
I'm interested to know more about the G2 and your use to steer the System.
I openend a new thread for.

And especially also to discuss Visions and wishes about digital modulationsources for the Modularsystem.
The term analog we don't need anymore for the future when speaking about a Hardware modularsystem, i think.
lets discuss it please there................
davep

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

.... OK, last picture for a while. Pardon me if you're getting bored with my modular but I still feel like a proud parent showing off my baby pictures. This shot is also from the Jean-Jaques Perrey concert:

davep wrote:
Hi Bigtex,

DPSynthBig1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  863.2 KB
 Viewed:  758 Time(s)

DPSynthBig1.jpg

synth_ollie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hereĀ“s my rollie 100m

cheers

OLLIE100m

Last edited by synth_ollie on Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:22 am; edited 5 times in total
opg

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, it's "Ollie's Rollie!" Laughing
bigtex

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

synth_ollie wrote:
(the pic has been shrunk by some reason and looks like sh*t...?? )

That's the JavaScript image resizing which, yes, looks terrible. It is one of phpBB's built-in features to keep large images from messing up people's pages. Just click on it and you get the big, un-resized version.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I took a shot at fixing the pic. Yes, I added a little javascript hack to resize all linked pictures to fit the pages better. The forum pages can become a mess when very large images are linked. You can always just click on the picture and see a bigger version. Sorry for the inconvenience.
amnesia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here is my updated collection [img]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/45395793@N00/

DSCF2148.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  576.53 KB
 Viewed:  731 Time(s)

DSCF2148.JPG

synth_ollie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I resized the pic Smile

cheers
OLLIE
davep

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Amnesia!

What can you tell us about those Doepfer/Plan B/Livewire modules with the banana jacks? How did you do that? They look great with the Serge modules!

amnesia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
What can you tell us about those Doepfer/Plan B/Livewire modules with the banana jacks? How did you do that? They look great with the Serge modules!

I am luck enough to know Ken STone and I paid him to do it for me:-)
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

synth_ollie wrote:
I resized the pic Smile

cheers
OLLIE

But now it's completely gone Sad

Quote:
The requested URL /~u26616113/synth_ollie/ollies_rollie100mx.jpg was not found on this server.

/Stefan

Page 3 of 26 [629 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 24, 25, 26 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Modular Synthesis
Jump to: