electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
<<<<<<hey;-)>>>>>>>
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
magusNiche

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: <<<<<<hey;-)>>>>>>>
Subject description: some unsigned shamanic beats, cosmic interludes etc..
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

greetings fellow humanoid wonderlings:+) here you will find some of my music i'm trying to get out and about, i do not have any official releases so i'm currently attempting to post links wherever i can,,, enjoy! and feel free to comment/question..
cheers Wink

http://www.magusniche.com/musick.htm
http://magusniche.bigblog.com.au/post.do?id=62773

psychic magpies arrive.mp3

action in hidden eyeball.mp3

everyones_an_alien...fields_of_flowers.mp3
 Description:
everyones an alien/fields of flowers

Download
 Filename:  everyones_an_alien...fields_of_flowers.mp3
 Filesize:  5.21 MB
 Downloaded:  541 Time(s)

Last edited by magusNiche on Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
magusNiche

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject:  another track.. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

>>

bubbling_magick_ribbons.mp3
 Description:
bubbling magick ribbons

Download
 Filename:  bubbling_magick_ribbons.mp3
 Filesize:  7.66 MB
 Downloaded:  855 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome

I listened to both tracks. Good stuff. Fairly steady-state but there is enough changing to keep my interest. Good textures. Nice moods. I like these...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
magusNiche

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: hi mosc Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cheers! Very Happy so you started up this place? excellent work.. hmm steady state, yes i suppose i like trance type music, but it is also a result of working with Logic.. my aim is to keep pushing those boundaries i suppose, tempo manipulation can be difficult... any tips?

if you havent listened to the other two tracks (posted as links above ('psychic magpies arrive' and 'action in hidden eyeball')) check em out Wink catchya
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't use Logic myself, but I did try out an early version years ago. I don't see Logic as favoring any particular style of composition, although all DAWs that support looping and measures might seduce people into using them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
magusNiche

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DAWs? but yes i think thats the thing, cos its a streamlined way of working.. i mean i started off making much more contrived electronic music, with strict transitions etc. but the more i grew in my tastes, i kept challenging myself to see how i could push myself out of predictable stuff. that and the fact that my realtime music playing with a band was venturing into very experimental territory..

at the moment i'm running with the idea that there are no limits to the sounds one can experiment with, and contradictions etc for me are to be encouraged, especially if they promote accessing the non-rational side of the mind. the problem i have is trying to bring what i make on the computer into the live domain. because i use much instrumentation rather than pure synthesis, i have issues with presenting this 'pre-recorded' music. any thoughts?
cheers Smile
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The best I've seen of this style was built with MAX/MSP and Kyma. Tracks can be played on command by a MIDI controller. Speed, direction, looping, pitch shift, filtering, mixing and all that are interactively controlled. I think something could be done with Live like this as well, but it seems very much tied to bar lines and tempos.
magusNiche

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: fate of balloon drifter Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the guards couldnt catch him now, so he left all thoughts of his escape behind and focussed on the vistas ahead of him. the colours summoned a playful field of space before his very eyes. this was no ordinary balloon. green flaming heiroglyphs pointed the craft towards the floating island, which came from beneath the traveller in a gust of sparkling waveforms...

fate_of_balloon_drifter.mp3
 Description:
mystical contemplative piece with textural guitar

Download
 Filename:  fate_of_balloon_drifter.mp3
 Filesize:  3.38 MB
 Downloaded:  454 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice track. Smile
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
Jump to: