electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » DSI Synths
DSI Evolver Forum
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Ludvig

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: DSI Evolver Forum Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I recently bought a DSI Evolver and i must say, after using it for an hour or so, i love it! Are there many Evolver users on electro-music.com? I think that its an instrument with a lot of depth and it may well be worthy of a forum of its own Smile . So, who has got one and what do you think?
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats on your new Evolver. I don't have one, but they are excellent instruments. You'll have loads of fun.

I'll set up an Evolver forum if only one other person thinks it would be valuable. I would do it immediately, but some people have suggested that I set up sub forums too quickly. I'm showing restraing.

welcome to electro-music.com.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if it existed, i would probably participate, but i don't use mine enough right now to warrent it. on some level, it might be better to leave the evolver traffic where it is, at:
http://www.ex5tech.com/ex5ubb_cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=23
...and there is also a yahoo group.

on the other hand, i know many people here have them, and it might be worthwhile to have evolver things here as well.

decicsive as always,
deknow
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, that's good enough for me. Laughing

There is now a DSI Evolver forum, and this is the first post to it. Thanks for the suggestion.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ludvig

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you mosc! Smile
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ha ha... I created this yesterday but the permissions were set such that no one could see it. Ludvig has been helping me figure it out. He deservices an electro-angel. Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Ludvig

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oooh Embarassed what an honour! Lets just hope that we get some good discussions going.
peripatitis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well i've been using one for almost a year now .
It's propably one of the most useful music 'tools' i've ever used.

I am not so enthousiastic about the sound ,the two other analog equipment i own (waldorf pulse and serman filterbank 2) are closer to me soundwise, but the integration of the sequencer and the sound engine is fantastic.

I really like the fact that you can modulate the clock of the sequencer from within one of it's four sequences and that you can play in quarter tones.
The only thing i don't like about it is the Hack parameter , especially when used in the final stage.
mother misty

Audio files: 82
G2 patch files: 130

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have one aswell and I *really* love it.
Such a small box but such a huge sound!
The editor with the morph/mutate/random/mix functions make it even better!

deknow wrote:
on some level, it might be better to leave the evolver traffic where it is, at:
http://www.ex5tech.com/ex5ubb_cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=23
...and there is also a yahoo group.

thanks for the link deknow, wasn't aware of this forum
Electronicant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is this machine comparable to Smith´s earlier instruments like the Prophet VS? does it make vectorsynthesis? I´ve listened to soundsamples of it and I can´t hear any similarities to the VS.
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...it is not a remake of the vs, but it does have the vs waveforms available in the digital oscilators.

this machine is very deep...it's _almost_ a modular, with delays and sequencers that are integrated into the synthesis archetecture much more tightly than is the norm.

although the poly kbds look (and sound) great, the mono sound is huge, and a poly version might be just too much Smile

deknow
The Why Project

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My only complaint about the machine is that the envelopes aren't the
fastest ones... I'd like the machine to have a bit more 'snap'.

But that's a minor, minor complaint! I find it one of the easiest synths
to mix (I have the mono though), doesn't need much EQ at mixdown,
also because you can so extensively tweak the patch on the device itself,
including the extremely clean (digital) high-pass filter.

Love the machine Smile

Regards,

The Why Project
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a Poly Evolver, sn 00267. I am fond of this instrument. It has taken some getting used to, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. No thanks to the manual, though.

It has a very hard (to me) architecture to get my head around. And I have a lot of weird kit, so that's saying something. I suppose I really need to just shut everything else off and concentrate on the Poly.
mtvic

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the evo desktop for its size .
It can be set up easily.
The inputs can mangle anything.
I like using it with the korg KP3 and Electrix repeater.
Have not used it much lately since the G2X has joined my setup.
The knobs however can easily come off so heads up.
I lost a knob and sent Dave an e-mail and he shipped me a couple on the house.
Nice guy.
m

NevadaBase

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Combo mode issues... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys,

I did a google search for DSI evolver forums and found this place. I am trying to use my Poly Evolver Keyboard in 'Combo' mode to play back four different mono synth parts sequenced on an MPC. Each part has a different evolver program and a separate MIDI channel. I can get combo parts 2, 3 and 4 to work perfectly all playing together correctly.

I can't get anything out of part 1. I am using the same settings as for the other parts. I have a feeling it is something to do with the sequencer using this voice but I have it completely disabled.

If there are any Poly Evolver owners who can help I would very much appreciate it! I have grown tired of software and laptops and want to start using the evolver in our live show!

Thanks for reading,

Albert
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » DSI Synths
Jump to: