electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Jez Adventures in Sound
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Metasonix
WOW TX-1 Bringing in CRAZY Prices (?)
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Muff Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: WOW TX-1 Bringing in CRAZY Prices (?) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone after a TX-1?

check out this guy's auction

I'll be *very* curious to see what this ends up selling for - I'll be watching this closely, as I just picked one up myself about a month ago, after looking for a LONG time

For me, it was well worth the wait, and well worth the price. It's an amazing preamp, can be used for recording or playing direct to a board without an amp (TONS AND TONS OF GAIN HOLY SHIT!!!!) and of course can be so over-the-top evil if you want that everything in Eric's press release concerning neighbours and property value ends up being true...

Anyway, what I find really interesting about this auction is his claim to have paid over $1200 for the 'last unit' from Big City Music.

When I was looking for mine, it was suggested that I check with them, but I was warned they would charge an extreme amount since the units were very scarce - I believed it and never checked with them, hahaha

Anyway, if that's true about the $1200 - well, shit, GOOD FOR YOU ERIC! You deserve it man. These things are totally unique in the world and totally amazing. I'm *very* glad I didn't pay nearly that much for mine, but I sort of understand if this piece is getting to that level of value. Very, very cool!

Anyway, will be interesting to see how that auction goes - one, i'm curious to see if he gets anywhere near the $1200 figure - and two, the final price will be a good reference point for me to see how much of a deal I got on the one I just picked up (I'm thinking I got a really good deal....)

And hey, I may just snap it up for myself if it doesn't sell for anything too crazy...

Anyway, cheers guys, and congrats to Eric! It says a lot that people are willing to drop $1200 on a TX box. I can confirm that TX-1 is indeed an extremely special piece of kit, worth parting the seas and destroying your finances to acquire if you can...
kvnvk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would not be at all surprised if Big City Music had their last TX-1s listed at $1200... I had managed to get one for the average selling price of $400-420 last year from Analogue Haven, but ended up reselling a few months later for what I originally paid. I checked BCM when posting it and I think at that time they had their stock of TX-1s priced at either $600 or $700.
cx47

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Way too much for a simple effect Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Frankly, I wouldn't pay that much and I seriously doubt that someone with the right mind would buy an effect for $1200 (thus I question the original claim that the seller bought it for this much) .
For $2500 you can buy the S-1000 or I dare to say buy 3-4 Moogerfoogers for $1200. I hope the price will not go too high, because it is just not worth it. I would pay max $600.
Muff Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well....current high bid is $811, which is pretty damn good and well more than $200 above what i paid....

which makes me think i got a fair price

but also makes me think the seller is CRAZY...

$811 and it still has not met the reserve price.
Muff Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

insane....auction ended with a high bid of $821 and it was RESERVE NOT MET

i think we've learned a pretty accurate lesson about the current street value of these units.. very cool

also gotta wonder what the seller was thinking with such a high reserve price. i don't think he really wanted to sell it. can't blame him.
cx47

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, we didn't learn anything about the street price of this unit. We know now that it is BELOW $821. The guy claimed he boght it for $1200 and wanted to sell it for at least for this much. Personally I think it was a very bad buy for $1200 and he will stick with it forever. I don't pity him at all.
Muff Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, we know that someone bid $821 and was willing to pay that

what we don't know is what his reserve price was
cx47

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The reserve was $1200.....
cx47

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By the way, I saw a TX-1 for $350 recently... That price is about right for a used gear (OK it is a little low....) So don't expect to get $1200 for a used Agonizer.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Metasonix
Jump to: