electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » News... » Gear News
OS6.5 for the Access Virus
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: OS6.5 for the Access Virus Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
OS6.5 for the Virus C, KC, Indigo2 and rack XL is the next landmark in our unique software update policy. It underlines the Virus’ OS reputation as the most sought after synthesizer operating system in the industry.

You know the Virus sound, the one that’s a staple in all current hit records from Dance to Hip-Hop to Rock. It’s an amazing sound with almost endless possibilities for creative minds.

Well it ain’t broke and were not fixing it, but we are introducing a whole new Virus sound courtesy of our brand new filter. Modeled from the legendary Mini Moog, this self-resonating filter delivers a Virus sound that is gritty and screaming yet rich and warm, but above all is 100% fresh. It’s like downloading a whole new synth into your Virus.

And it doesn’t stop here. In difference to the Mini Moog you decide on how many filter poles suit your needs. The Access Ladder Filter includes 1 pol [6dB], 2 pol [12dB], 3 pol [18dB] and 4 pol [24dB] variations.

Listen!
btw I got one Exclamation Oh my goodness Very Happy

Quote:
Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex - Frank Zappa
micro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah,that's right. Virus is the one of VA synths I like, and also I like this company,because they made also OS improvement for discontinued Virus B, unlike Clavia which leave Nord Modulars upgrades and jumps to G2. I don't like only, on Virus that you need replace battery from time to time, I like more like on Q or Clavia synths some kind of EEPROM i think, so all patches remain there, don't need to be scared for loss of user made patches.Q,Virus C,and G2 or nord lead 3 is my dream set-up.And maybe some Novation Nova.(Unfortunately, they don't make Nova anymore, they make Ks-shit.,which is bad choice if compare to nova line).This new filters is also very resource eaters Wink
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 125
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Micro, that's not a bad dream setup... Smile

Welcome to this site. Thanks for contributing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
micro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Micro, that's not a bad dream setup...

Of course it's not. I choose only the best IMHO for my setup Smile.
The big trio (Yamaha (from budget to high end,ok company for that),Roland (specialy them, imagine TB303 and some substitute like MC303 Thumb down),Korg (nice stuff, from time to time,vintage sounding ms2000 but man, only 4 poly and NO multi, they gotta be kidding tongue, and best workstations IMHO) now make only toys if you know what I mean.For good VA synth i need to look elsewhere.

Quote:
Welcome to this site. Thanks for contributing

Thanks mosc Very Happy
egw

G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Micro
Can you explain what's wrong with the KS, compared to Nova?
I thought it was supposed to be an improvement.

Nice Avatar!
micro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Can you explain what's wrong with the KS, compared to Nova?
I thought it was supposed to be an improvement.

I will be happy if this would be true. But this is my personal view from information I gather on few sites.But here are some specs.
1st.for Nova:
12 voices (expandable to 24, 36 and 4Cool

MIDI (6 parts)

2 LFOs: saw, tri square sample/hold
Resonant Low-pass, Hi-pass, band-pass; 12, 18 (hello mr. 303:D ) and 24 dB/Oct slopes and overdrive; VCA: 1 ADSR for the amp, 2 DADSRs
Keyboard model: 49 or 61 notes

256 programs, 128 performances

and 40 band Vocoder.
and to mention, it's a destop version of supernova rack, something like lither brother, you know what I mean.
now...

KS:
8 voices (ok, better than ms2000 Smile
and 1 multi !!!
3 osc with Square / Saw / Variable Pulse / Tri / Sine / Double Saw / Double Tri / Double Sine waveforms. Osc 1-2 sync, FM, external audio in (mono)

2 LFOs: triangle, saw, square, sample-and-hold; with panning, speed and delay parameters

12dB / 24dB switchable resonant low-pass filter with programmable output EQ

2 ADSR envelope generators plus FM attack/decay

ok,its not all in numbers and that..., but KS is like upgraded old bass station, you know. This is not bad, and I like a-station or older bass station, but its enough when I said, that nova is slimed down supernova Cool
and second hand prices for nova is affordable.

Quote:
Nice Avatar!

Thanks, my 1st real synth in flesh.I was looking something for little money and with many features.There was also a-station, but its not multitimbral, with this red dwarf I can make patches that sounds like multi.
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One of the members of our group, The Amaranth Signal, uses a K-S rack. He loves it. But I have been reading complaints regarding noises. Our member has never made mention of it though. He also uses a Korg MS 2000 rack and loves it. Some great sounds come out of that box. I wouldn't mind getting one someday if the price is right.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
micro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MS 2000 is nice vintage sounding synth.I can take 4 poly, bu no multi is realy bad.KS-rack is ok 4 multi and 16 poly, but again older nova is much better IMHO.Novation bad choice, similiar to Roland leaving jp8xxx line and going to MC grooveee toy making.
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unfortunately the big synth guys out of Japan are going where the money is. ..the hip hop, DJ scene. Some of those boxes have great features, but I can't seem to figure out how to integrate them into what I do. Perhaps I am too old-fashion.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 125
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mohoyoho wrote:
Perhaps I am too old-fashion.

No, I don't think so. I think these boxes you are talking about are too genre-specific.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
micro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
No, I don't think so. I think these boxes you are talking about are too genre-specific.

You got that right, and I really hate this grooveboxes, they lacks a personality and nobody can't tell me that some seq.,d-beam and something, worth that money.Maybe their are funy for some time, but later it's crap.Thanks to clavia, I call my micro modular,modular tb303:), no grooveee box can make sounds like my micro modular.

Quote:
Unfortunately the big synth guys out of Japan are going where the money is.

They are a litle stupid, just watch second hand prices for tb 303, and roland can't make some new version of this box?Does Korg think that is MS2000 something, but it's ok, Roland still didn't make something like new Juno or something.
egw

G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With a little creativity, I think the groove boxes can be adapted to any style of music. Just stay away from the canned beats. They often have nice tweakability, analog style filters, etc. Who says the sequences have to be in 4/4 with bass drum on every beat? If you're into serious mangling, you might need some additional synth or processing power.
micro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
With a little creativity, I think the groove boxes can be adapted to any style of music They often have nice tweakability, analog style filters, etc

Not all of them, but if I need to choose, I will take from big trio, Yamaha AN200, but better choice is Red sound Darkstar.Rm1x is not bad, forget about voices on board, but again I like GM comp. with this box you get, it has floppy....I wil take this for live setup, without PC only for sequencing.But again for more money or similiar you get something serious in sound creation and tweakability and creativity, like Virus C- desktop,Q-rack,nova-desktop. It depends what you want from your music.If you are on low budget or don't want spend 2 many money on synth, again, it's better choice to buy somehing that worth, than buy some crap.
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » Gear News
Jump to: