electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Rob Adventures in Sound
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » MAX/MSP - Pd
Randomly Video player depending on motion tracking
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
badiou

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Randomly Video player depending on motion tracking Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello !

Here's my project. I try to finalyse a patch which have to analyse a motion coming from a webcam.
I used an objet named tap.motion (coming from tap tools libray but it doens't matter, many objects permit this...)

After, I divide in four zones the videostream (jit.scissors) and I try to filter these data (median + a condition)

According to these date, I send a toggle to a random video player.

I have some questions :

- How could I write a good method to filtering data, just keep important values and clean noise ?

- How my patch could play a complete sequence without stopping (into the random player)

- Is there a method to simplify the opening of medias folder ???

Here's my patch, hope you'll understand it and my project.
Everything is helpful and welcomed. I just begin MaxMsp, so certainly is there many errors....

Many thanks !!!

jitZissor.pat
 Description:
ouh....

Download
 Filename:  jitZissor.pat
 Filesize:  11.87 KB
 Downloaded:  152 Time(s)

Alexander

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really couldn't answer your questions, but what I wonder about is, do you have a professor/teacher? How is it that you are doing projects so complex with little experience?

These questions are not to put you down, or anything, but why aim so high? Maybe you could find somebody with a lot more jitter experience to help you out with the patches and then again maybe you should start with doing ALL of the tutorials! Usually bugs and errors arise out of simple mistakes, like multiplying a float with an integer value in the other topic you posted.. the more I go over the tutorials and reference manuals, the more I seem to create stable patches and the gap between what you are thinking of in your head and what you are actually creating on your screen becomes smaller and smaller.

It's the little things..

The filter question for example, you could probably trace the answer to that problem back to some arithmetic functions and some max objects.
Avoid a lot of third party objects when your new to max, it's better to figure out how to do stuff with the objects already supplied. You'll force yourself to dive into the documentation.

Also, discuss your project with whoever you are doing it for, see if it is doable within your given time limit and see if you could get hands on assistance.

"You will get there in the end"

Good luck and please keep us posted, this stuff is truly inspiring!

badiou

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a personnal project and I have nobody to help me, neither teacher neither professor. I learn as well as I can, with tutorials, docs and patchs from other... So... if someones else has any idea ?
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » MAX/MSP - Pd
Jump to: