electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music
 
    Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Wish List
LFO & CHORUS/PHASER/FLANGER
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: Nord Modular Editors
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
DNME



Joined: Oct 27, 2007
Posts: 21
Location: Amsterdam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject:  LFO & CHORUS/PHASER/FLANGER
Subject description: WISH
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd love to see a retrigger on the LFO's I know this is possible to do, but just a simple on / off switch on the LFO's to retrigger it every note pressed would be nice.

Also a input for the chorus detune so modulating it via env/lfo or whatever would be nice.

Same with the Phaser / Flanger - a input to control rate would be helpfull Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Antimon



Joined: Jan 18, 2005
Posts: 3731
Location: Sweden
Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 96

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would also like to see more modulation inputs everywhere - I'm think about the string oscillator and the reverb module.

More auto-patching from keyboard could be interesting, but I don't know if it's generally desirable. The KB button on envelopes and oscillators/filters is good, because it saves work for many, many people. But if they are added in lots of places it kind of works against the open-endedness of the platform, steering the patcher instead of leaving the choice open.

Just my opinion - many might disagree.

/Stefan

_________________
Antimon's Window
@soundcloud @Flattr home - you can't explain music
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Blue Hell
Site Admin


Joined: Apr 03, 2004
Posts: 20626
Location: The Netherlands, Enschede
Audio files: 150
G2 patch files: 318

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
But if they are added in lots of places it kind of works against the open-endedness of the platform, steering the patcher instead of leaving the choice open.


There could be room for modules with and without the kbd coupling stuff, or maybe the optimizer could optimize some cycles and some memory out when the coupling would not be used. I almost always turn off kbd coupling on modules, but it's not really in my way now.

I'm in favour of modulation inputs anywhere always, it's easier than using internal MIDI Very Happy

_________________
Jan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DNME



Joined: Oct 27, 2007
Posts: 21
Location: Amsterdam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Antimon wrote:
But if they are added in lots of places it kind of works against the open-endedness of the platform, steering the patcher instead of leaving the choice open.


There could be room for modules with and without the kbd coupling stuff, or maybe the optimizer could optimize some cycles and some memory out when the coupling would not be used. I almost always turn off kbd coupling on modules, but it's not really in my way now.

I'm in favour of modulation inputs anywhere always, it's easier than using internal MIDI Very Happy
Cool

inputs all the way Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
davep



Joined: Jul 05, 2004
Posts: 467
Location: Oakland, CA
Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 73

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: LFO & CHORUS/PHASER/FLANGER
Subject description: WISH
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DNME wrote:
I'd love to see a retrigger on the LFO's I know this is possible to do, but just a simple on / off switch on the LFO's to retrigger it every note pressed would be nice.

Also a input for the chorus detune so modulating it via env/lfo or whatever would be nice.

Same with the Phaser / Flanger - a input to control rate would be helpfull Wink


Most of these things area available now.

The LFO B and the SHAPE LFO have a reset input and if you connect the KYBD GATE signal to it, it will retrigger the LFO with every new note.

For the phaser, use the PHASE FILTER module under the filter tab instead of the PHASER module under the FX tab. You need to use a two-input mixer with it and mix the phase filter's output signal with it's input signal 50/50 to get a phaser. This module gives you tons of control over the parameters.

For the flanger, use the COMB FILTER module instead of the FLANGER module and add a two-input mixer as described above, or 'roll-your-own' flanger using a basic delay module that has a mod input, along with a mixer to combine output & input, maybe another mixer to add output feedback back to the input, etc. This method works the best for me.

But about the chorus module - I agree completely. I really like the sound of this module but it really is lacking modulation controls, and I haven't yet found a "roll-your-own" equivalent circuit that adds these missing features yet sounds like the standard Chorus module.

_________________
Dave Peck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: Nord Modular Editors
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Wish List
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
e-m mkii

Please support our site. If you click through and buy from
our affiliate partners, we earn a small commission.


Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Copyright © 2003 through 2009 by electro-music.com - Conditions Of Use