electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Faux Pas Quartet and friends Music From Last Thursday
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord stage
Strings on Stage 88
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
theshowbizkid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Strings on Stage 88 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've noticed Clavia have recently put up a Mellotron library for download for users of the Electro 3.

Does anyone know if this can be downloaded onto the Stage 88? Or if there is somewhere on the net I can find some settings in order to create my own decent string patches?

I hate playing string parts, but sometimes you need the bucks!!
vocalchords88

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Strings Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been considering purchasing S88EX and the thing holding me back is the inability to do what you're asking for. From what I've been able to learn from reading and visiting local music stores you will need to carry a sample player module and control it with the External section.
Maybe a S88EX owner can give a better answer.
gearaholic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its not possible thats why i got the wave
hope they do it on the stage2
peterkadar

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love my Stage Compact, but yeah, no mellotron.

I'm using a Korg M3-m with the Nord, and it's a pretty sweet - and lightweight - rig. Inside are some pretty good mellotron samples, and of course it's easy to load up sounds from other libraries...
ionian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

peterkadar wrote:

I'm using a Korg M3-m with the Nord, and it's a pretty sweet - and lightweight - rig. Inside are some pretty good mellotron samples, and of course it's easy to load up sounds from other libraries...

Wow - I hadn't seen this! Thanks for turning me on to it - I'm going to check it out.

I have a stage 76 and I was waiting for NORD to get their act together and let us re-partition the memory in the Electro to use it all for samples instead of 68MB for samples and 185 for pianos (which I find useless since I also have the stage). If this things works as sweet as it looks there's no reason to wait or buy an electro 3.

I did work with a triton LE with the sampling option for years so I'm pretty familiar with how sampling works on the Korgs. And being I can control everything from the Extern on the stage, it would be great!

Being that everyone is getting more obsessed with soft synth stuff and bringing laptops on gigs it's getting harder and harder to find good rack mount stuff anymore - but I'm still one of the last of the Mohicans! I refuse to bring a laptop on a gig - too many things can go wrong...

Thanks,
Frank
peterkadar

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The other thing to consider, Frank is that if youi got an M3, you could get the firewire interface for it, and use the M3 to stream audio + midi back and forth to a laptop should you decide to go there at a later date.

I was talking with someone else in a similar thread about this.. it's a great combination, and way more flexible and, except for the electromechanical keyboard sounds, much better than an electro. The brass + string sounds that come with the Electro 3 aren't impressive to me.. they remind me of a late 90's rompler. Plus, the new piano sound that Korg released as a free ex-usb library I think is way better than the acoustic pianos in the Nords. Add in user sampling (without the need for a computer), sequencing, the Radias board, Combi mode, etc., and I love my M3 almost as much as I love my Nord Stage Compact classic. They really complement each other well, and weigh very little. Just having a synth that I can put in overhead storage on a plane has made touring waay eaiser. I'm no longer at the mercy of incompetent backline companies.
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord stage
Jump to: