electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Angle Generator
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
J3RK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Angle Generator Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

I just posted these at Muff's, and thought I'd toss them up here as well. The first item is a linear slope generator (Angle Generator) that has a cycle switch, and mode switch for level or edge detect to make it work in AD or AR type modes. In AR mode, it can be retriggered, and will stay on as long as the gate is on. (kind of AHR or AHD) It also has an end of envelope pulse to trigger another one, or something else. So kind of like a 281 or VCS or the like. A friend helped me figure some of it out. I was attempting using a 555, but since I was using an integrator to get a straight slope, I couldn't set trip points to get it to stop where I wanted (like when using a cap to ground.) So he broke out the 555 into discrete chunks, then we added the DG418 switches, and were able to get the slope to stop at 10V and 0V.

The CD4001 can be swapped out for a CD4013 or discrete logic if desired. There are also dual and possibly quad version of those DG418 switches, so you could reduce package count, or do a dual board.

Anyway, I haven't gotten a chance to physically prototype this yet, but plan to soon. I have a PCB laid out, and will get some on my next proto order. It has been thoroughly simulated though with no issues. (not to mention it's a fairly simple circuit.)

I realize there are plenty of linear slope generators around, but I wanted to give it a try myself (with a bit of help) and not copy those existing Serge and Buchla designs.

Here is the schematic:

http://home.comcast.net/~r3cogniz3r/StrohAngleGenerator.pdf
J3RK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The second part is a variable level analog OR circuit that one could use to mix more than one of these together for complex shapes along the lines of the 281. This circuit is tested, and has worked quite well with my other envelopes.

http://home.comcast.net/~r3cogniz3r/StrohORMixer.pdf

Hopefully these will be useful or fun for someone. I'll report back as soon as I get the prototypes back for the Angle Generator circuit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: