electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
<on air> PHANToS presents: Ghouls & Ghosts (various EM Halloween performances from previous years)
  PHANToS presents: The Monstrous Modulator (Modulator ESP's 2010/2011 halloween performances mix)
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
ANOTHER new video, from this morning ...
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: ANOTHER new video, from this morning ... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This little ditty consists of 3 melodies. Each of them are within The Deathlehem Machine, who be - playing himself! Very Happy This is the most complex machine composed composition that I've ever come up with yet. I'm not touching any knobs or switches until the last minute or two. The rest of it is the TDM oscillating away in my interpretation of some dude along with his girlfriend or wife and that person's mother whom both love to talk and talk and ... whilst he tries to get his own word in, edge wise. At the end of the 'conversation', things become a little ... wilder. Very Happy lol. I hope you enjoy.

Last night, whilst I were setting up my machinery for that video, I couldn't for the life of me remember WHAT the heck the 8 LEDs and 10 jacks were FOR, on my Atari Jazz Console. Surprised Earlier this morning, (before this new video) I went searching in here for that panel and found that it's an 8 bit Shift Register based around the CD4094! Ahhhhhh! Very Happy Discovering that, produced the entire patch, that became the above described video! Smile

This time I went a little different for myself. As with the video from last night, I'm using the same 128 bar pattern as the Master Clock for driving everything. The 8 bit Shift Register is the 'main engine' in this patch. I'm driving 2 x 4 bit shift registers FROM it, as well as 1 of the 2 x Melody Generators in my noise machine. Various combinations of things are hooked up through 3 of my dual input NAND gates as well, for determining when certain combinations of things will feed what to where. I'm also using 1 of my Voltage Controlled Switches, with a LONG portion of time as 1 of it's inputs and a much quicker changing time as it's other. That is sent off to the Melody Generator for 1 of it's 3 control inputs.

The 1st 'self-playing melody' that I came up with, is fed into 2 x VCAs, which are modulated from 2 individual sources:
- VCA A is modulated on / off by a percussive Attack Decay envelope generator. VCA A then feeds into ...
- VCA B which is SLOWLY modulated by a triangle VCO for coming into audibility and then fading out.

The 2nd 'self-playing melody' that I came up with, is fed into 2 x VCAs, which are modulated from 2 individual sources:
- VCA C is modulated on / off by a 2nd slower Attack and longer Decay envelope generator. VCA A then feeds into ...
- VCA D which is SLOWLY modulated by another triangle VCO for coming into audibility and then fading out.

The 3rd 'self-playing melody' that I came up with, is fed into an SSM2044 Low Pass Filter and then into the 5th VCA, which is abuptly turned on and off, in long periods. Approximately 30 seconds or something like that.

So all together, whilst the 3rd melody is playing and not playing, the other 2 melodies are fading in and out.

I've spoken only through the video at the very beginning, so that you're able to get a better idea of what's going on.

Also - all 3 melodies are going through my effects unit that has a few seconds of reverb, mildly, with a little bit of decay happening, as well.

I hope you enjoy this one. It were fun to build. As well - I had to make 6 or 7 more patch cables as yes - I RAN OUT again. Surprised Smile
Ajax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Love it! Very Happy
tjookum

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice one rich!

Just woke up and can't really get my head around the complexity of the patch, but it sounds great!

enjoy your holliday hobo drinking

noise
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: