electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Jez Adventures in Sound
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Please help me identify this artist!
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
axomamma

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Please help me identify this artist!
Subject description: They claim this is Biosphere. Anyone who knows Biosphere will agree that it's NOT.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please excuse me and correct me if this is the wrong place to post this question.

By now this has become an obsession for me.

In the late 90's I recorded a live set to cassette from a swedish radio show. It was supposed to be a set by the Norweigan ambient composer Biosphere. At the time I didn't think too much of it, but one day I realized that this is definitely NOT Biosphere.

A mistake was obviously made. I've been in contact with the radio station, I've been trying all kinds of track id stuff, I even wrote to Biosphere himself in case he should know anything about the mishap. Still I haven't managed to ID this artist.

This links goes to a set on soundcloud which contains the tracks from the live show, recorded from my cassette. This is really good shit, but WHO the heck is it??

http://soundcloud.com/stockaudio/sets/this-is-not-biosphere/

In part 7 (the last) the presenter is reading the names of what has been played, and those tracks he names bares absolutely no resemblance to what is actually played. You can for instance hear him name several tracks from the album Substrata, like Chukung, Cobresia etc, tracks which for starters doesn't even have rythm.

What he says exactly in part 7 is:
"This was all from P3 Live and Biosphere. The music was from beginning to end - Chukung, Cobresia, The Seal, When I leave, Uva Ursi, The Things, Shield, Novelty Waves, and finally Patashnik. (bla bla bla)".

Anyone who listens to Biosphere knows this is ridiculous.

Thanks for your time!
mattb

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just posting to say I had a skim through this to see if I could help but couldn't recognise anything. Best of luck on your search! I have a drum and bass mix tape from December 2000 with tracks I've wanted IDd for forever too.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Jump to: