electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
NordWest 06 Seattle NM1/G2 meet this spring/summer anyone?
Page 1 of 2 [43 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject:  NordWest 06 Seattle NM1/G2 meet this spring/summer anyone? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NordWest '05 was a lot of fun, right Rhombus, Grimley, Mux and Mm?

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-7357.html

I want to plant the seed again, for all of us who cannot attend electro-music 2006 (myself included) but would want to ... this could be a micro (modular) version Wink of the electro-music event...

C'mon, speak up! Let's hook up for a weekend of tweakage and fun! I know some new Seattle folks have shown up here on electro-music in the last year. Don't be shy!
/Dasz

NordWest05.jpg
 Description:
Remember last year?
 Filesize:  93.4 KB
 Viewed:  251 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

NordWest05.jpg

Last edited by dasz on Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
jamos

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 41

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to come but it will depend on timing (as you know, Dasz, I haven't even had time to call you back!) When are you thinking of? I know the weekends of June 2 and Aug 10 are absolutely out...
TheRain

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sure, yah, yes. -collin Smile
pauldirks

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm interested...let me know when you have a date. This oughta involve some starbucks- yeah?

paul
dasz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, at this point I think there are about 4-6 of us; therain, pauldirks maybe jamos (if schedule permits), rhombus, nalogassailant. I''ll contact the last two folks.

If we can get a few more folks from seattle that would be great.
/Dasz
dasz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just PM'ed both rhombus and analogassailant.

Regarding date, I would say either between now and end of may, or some time this summer (mid june to august).

I'll pick a date out of the hat -- June 17th and 18th. Location -- Seattle (where in Seattle? I'll let the seattle folks determine that).

Y'all tell me what y'all think. Let's figure out a date that works for all of y'all -- so we can avoid cancellations. If you cancel, then we have to authority to hunt you down and take your G2 away from you (NOT of course, but worth a chuckle --- heh heh heh Wink )

Ok, Let's get da ball rolling ... Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
/Dasz
ps.: Hopefully I'll have an orange beast with 44 knobs by then as well ...
pauldirks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The 17th will work for me but usually can't do Sundays. Also- with a young family (2 under 2) I can't commit 100%- lets say 90%.

looking forward to it,
Paul
rhombus

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: big ups from seatown Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey all,

Yeah those dates will work for me as far as I know. Right now I'm in India until the 21st of May, that's why I didn't get around to answering right away. If the size of the group is 6 or 7 and we're in a pinch, I can volunteer my apartment for the meetup. My apartment is in a neighborhood adjacent to downtown Seattle with a decent sized living room and all the equipment we'd need I think (tables, mixer, sound). Noise on weekends is not a problem in my building.

-- Matt
dasz

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sweet, rhombus ...

Btw, I'm going to need a ride (my car is in another province for a few more weeks).

So who's in?
/Dasz
rhombus

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dasz and other VAN/PDX people,

Obviously getting a ride from someone would be cheaper and you could probably share a hotel room if need be, but if you can't get a ride consider taking the train. I haven't taken either train myself (regrettably cuz I hear the SEA/VAN route is very pretty), but I hear they're reasonably priced. I know that the train station in Seattle is conveniently located, it's right in downtown, and it only takes one bus to get to my apartment. Even a taxi ride from the train station would cost less than $10.

Update: Hmm, after doing a little research, yeah the train from Vancouver BC is like only $34, but there's only one per day and it's at 6PM. That's kinda lame actually, the one from Portland runs three times a day.

-- Matt
grimley

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dasz, Rhombus ... how are ye?
Sorry I haven't been in touch or been active on this forum for several months. I was forced into giving the music a break for a while (I almost sold my G2 ... along with everything else at one stage ... shock horror).
I'd love to meet up with you all but I can't commit just yet as there is a 50/50 chance I will be in Norway.
I will let you know either way very soon.

If I'm here we could also use the club-house in my building (in Belltown) which is big enough to host 20 people or so and all their gear. There's an outdoor pool ... and a BBQ if we get the munchies thanks to Dasz Embarassed .
Only problem is we would have to vacate by 11pm.

-grimley
jamos

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I too have been too quiet.

I believe I can come up. The wife sez OK, I have vacation time, etc. The only worry is that I think my band may have a gig that weekend. Hope not. Will nail that down tonight.
dasz

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for keeping us updated.

So right now there the following folks:

June 17th to 18th (possibly) - rhombus' place ???

1. jamos (pending no gig on same weekend)
2. pauldirks (17th only 90/10)
3. analogassailant (looks promising)
4. rhombus (yeah!)
5. grimely (50/50)
6. therain (Colin) (no update since proposed weekend date set)
7. me (totally going, need ride)

That's not a bad list (I know people may not make it and drop out nearing the set weekend as happened last time).

I would also recommend we meet earlier in the day on saturday (either in the morning or around noon) so we have some time to chat and check out each other's patches and then leave time for a performance in the evening and a dinner (lessons learned at NordWest05). Sunday most of us need to go back to our countries, states (except those lucky Seattle folks).

We should contact others in the BC/WA/OR area. I can focus on the BC folks, can someone track down other WA/OR users?

Talk to you guys soon.
/Dasz
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds great. If you can get an internet connection, we can do a live stream.

Please make a calendar notice for this.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jamos

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I'm on. No gig. I'll probably take the train up Friday and return Monday.
dasz

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jamos, that's awesome! It'll be great to hook up with you again!
/Dasz
pauldirks

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK- definitely coming. Dasz- I'll hit you up offline to see if it will work to carpool. I'm poor- can I camp out on someone's floor in Seattle?

Paul
dasz

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is great.. i'm glad people are committing. We'll need to figure out how many G2's we're bringing (the more the better especially in some monster jam which we need to record and/or broadcast on e-m). at least, folks should bring their patches on a cd or something.

whatabout folks in CA? dave peck would you be interested??

I will have a laptop with me (at least - & hopefully a g2) and a video of the g2 jam at speed (not to be confused with a jam ON speed Wink )

rhombus, can you think of a locale outside your home for the meet? I believe you had some place in mind last time we talked about it.
/Dasz
grimley

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK ... I'm in too!!

I have rented the clubhouse in my building just in case we want to do that. We have it from 3pm til midnight on the 17th. I'm in Belltown in the center of Seattle and it's a great location if we want to get food/beers after or during the session. Of course if Rhombus can come up with a better location that is great!
We can use my monitors (same as the BC session) but we'll need a mixer.

Unfortunately, I've barely touched my G2 since I last met up with Dasz and Rhombus so I won't have any patches to share.
-g
davep

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 73

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dasz wrote:

whatabout folks in CA? dave peck would you be interested??

/Dasz

Hi Dasz!

I'll be there if I can, but I can't make a commitment since I'll be at EM06 just a couple of weeks before that and money & time may be an issue. If I don't make it, have a great time, you guys!

Dave

p.s. - don't forget the stroopwafels! I'm bringing a huge box of them to EM06!

dasz

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

grimley that's great! please bring your pics from NordWest05!

rhombus, and grimley why don't you guys hook up check out and decide where you want to hold the meet (d/t seattle sounds great!). the location shou8ldh ave internet so we can stream the meet on electro-music.

can you find some accomodations for us out-of-towners (somewhere walking / quick cab ride distance to the meet - ideally) give us a name and phone number for a decent hotel nearby.

i'm getting real stoked.
/Dasz
grimley

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Apparently there is a wi-fi connection available from the club-house. I will check it out this evening. Does anyone have the gear needed to perform a webcast? If not, I have a DV cam we could use to record the whole thing and edit/host it later.

How would you feel about a couple of non-G2 musicians showing up to jam with us?

I'm still looking into hotels nearby. My building is located on Battery and Western and if you are looking don't bother checking The Ace Hotel as it is booked. The Edgewater is the closest but too pricey. There are a few cheaper motels but they are about 10 blocks away so probably not within walking distance if you are carrying a G2/laptop etc.

I can put one person up in my hovel if you don't mind sleeping on a couch amongst a pile of boxes (I'm moving at the end of June)! You can draw straws amongst yourselves for that Wink

PS: Rhombus, check your PM. I'm not against changing the venue but let me know soon so I can get the rental fee back!! I don't have any pics of the place and it is locked up right now but I did find this one image online showing the view looking out of the clubhouse:

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

-grimley
grimley

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are we all still on for this? I haven't heard back from Rhombus yet.

The cheapest hotel closest to me that is available that weekend is this:

http://travel.travelocity.com/hotel/HotelDetail.do?propertyId=200057&startIndex=0&showMap=0&sortOrder=ascPrice&sortAlpha=-1&tab=features&SEQ=1149470466184542006&hotelQKey=4124651599668785330

There's also this:
http://travel.travelocity.com/hotel/HotelDetail.do?propertyId=7113&startIndex=0&showMap=0&sortOrder=ascPrice&sortAlpha=-1&tab=features&SEQ=1149470466184542006&hotelQKey=4124651599668785330

I can't believe how expensive decent hotels are here compared to Portland and Vancouver.

-grimley
grimley

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry ... those links will not work. I was referring to these (www.travelocity.com):

Seattle Pacific Hotel
Seattle Area: Downtown Seattle
325 Aurora Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109

Travelodge Seattle Space Needle
Seattle Area: Downtown Seattle
200 6TH AVE N
Seattle, WA 98109

If you are searching, look for somewhere close to Belltown, the Space Needle, or Downtown (in that order of preference).
jamos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have made no reservations yet but am still planning on coming. How does it look at the moment - everyone still on?
Page 1 of 2 [43 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: