electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music
 
    Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
JUST CAME CAME
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
barzin



Joined: May 23, 2006
Posts: 9
Location: Chicago, IL
Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: JUST CAME CAME Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just got my Andromeda and WOWWOWOWOW..

$2100 from ZZSounds, blemished, but I haven't found anything wrong with it, smells new.... AHHHH that new synth smell.

This machine is amazing. I also own a Virus TI and a Poly Evolver and just pre-ordered the Jomox 999. I'm going PLATINUM!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sunny pedaal



Joined: Nov 16, 2004
Posts: 688
Location: netherlands
Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how does it compare to the evolver?
any mp3's as an example would be welcomed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barzin



Joined: May 23, 2006
Posts: 9
Location: Chicago, IL
Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sunny pedaal wrote:
how does it compare to the evolver?
any mp3's as an example would be welcomed.


They both sound amazing. The PEK is just wonderful and the A6 sounds great so far.

I think the A6 has a more traditional sound while the PEK is a leap forward in sound. It's a unique instrument that can do what other can't. It is meant to sound like the old SS gear, but it's morphed into something different. Unfortunately, the PEK does not do good ACID sounds and your limited to 4 voices and and a few bugs that haven't been addressed yet... but I guess so does the A6. A6 is going out of production.

If I where to buy one or the other, I would be an A6 and a MONO Evolver. It's a good combo.

Good luck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sea



Joined: Aug 01, 2006
Posts: 3
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

barzin wrote:
sunny pedaal wrote:
how does it compare to the evolver?
any mp3's as an example would be welcomed.


They both sound amazing. The PEK is just wonderful and the A6 sounds great so far.

I think the A6 has a more traditional sound while the PEK is a leap forward in sound. It's a unique instrument that can do what other can't. It is meant to sound like the old SS gear, but it's morphed into something different. Unfortunately, the PEK does not do good ACID sounds and your limited to 4 voices and and a few bugs that haven't been addressed yet... but I guess so does the A6. A6 is going out of production.

If I where to buy one or the other, I would be an A6 and a MONO Evolver. It's a good combo.

Good luck.


Yes some demos please!! Very Happy

I too like the Poly Evolver, but being limited to 4 voices (ouch).

I'm looking forward to getting Andromeda A6 soon. Very unique. I'd like to dig into programing the A6!

I also have a Fusion... so far the Fusion seems to be working well. It's had a few bugs, but for an 88 key controller at $1,206... there's nothing that can beat it Wink

SEA Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barzin



Joined: May 23, 2006
Posts: 9
Location: Chicago, IL
Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a demo......

Using the PEK, A6 and and a little of Virus TI. Straight recording, didnt use a sequencer. no compression, no effects .... first run but some post mixing though, ya have to do that.

Pek - perc/drums, some lead, some base, background,
A6 - lead base, lead in the end, background in the end
TI - begining arp.

Just got my Jomox999 so I won't be using my PEK much for drums in the future.

.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sea



Joined: Aug 01, 2006
Posts: 3
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

barzin wrote:
Here is a demo......

Using the PEK, A6 and and a little of Virus TI. Straight recording, didnt use a sequencer. no compression, no effects .... first run but some post mixing though, ya have to do that.

Pek - perc/drums, some lead, some base, background,
A6 - lead base, lead in the end, background in the end
TI - begining arp.

Just got my Jomox999 so I won't be using my PEK much for drums in the future.

.


Where's the link to the demo???

SEA Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barzin



Joined: May 23, 2006
Posts: 9
Location: Chicago, IL
Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oops, here it is.


Whole.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Whole.mp3
 Filesize:  4.35 MB
 Downloaded:  375 Time(s)

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barzin



Joined: May 23, 2006
Posts: 9
Location: Chicago, IL
Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.platinumrecruiting.com/

Play whole.mp3

if that didn't work here is a link
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sea



Joined: Aug 01, 2006
Posts: 3
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

barzin wrote:
http://www.platinumrecruiting.com/

Play whole.mp3

if that didn't work here is a link


Thanks barzin!

Listening now (to the first link) Downloaded it. Sounds very cool!

That machine gun Bb note.. which synth is that?

And the wiggly lead that comes in like at 1.22 or so...

Sound great!

SEA Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barzin



Joined: May 23, 2006
Posts: 9
Location: Chicago, IL
Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

machine gun is the TI
the lead 1.22 is the A6 as well as the high sounding sequence during the lead.
the background sweep is PEK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
e-m mkii

Please support our site. If you click through and buy from
our affiliate partners, we earn a small commission.


Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Copyright © 2003 through 2009 by electro-music.com - Conditions Of Use