electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
It's over!
Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: It's over! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks to everyone who helped to make this event such a huge success!
Especially those who were there the whole time and contributed their efforts and creativity in countless ways. There are too many to name without forgetting some. If anyone else was as inspired and uplifted as I was, then this was all worthwhile.
I believe we have made a huge step forward in developing the community. It's great to see so many new friendships, collaborations, and ideas.
The music and videos were continuous, diverse, and awesome.
Thanks also to those who listened on the internet and were with us in spirit.
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fantastic job Greg, Howard, Hong, Julie and everyone else! The incredible work in putting this together was obvious. EM06 was so inspirational and fun.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
synthblock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had a fantastic time. Thanks to Greg, Howard and everyone else who made the event run smoothly. I wish I could have been there for all three days but it was great to be able to listen to all the acts I could not see in person.

I'm already looking forward to next year!

Jonathan
www.synthblock.com
pyxl8r

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Ditto! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Greg and Howard-

I don't know how you did it, but it was wonderful, and WOW did I have a good time... both as a participant and a listener! Diverse music and videos; gear old and new; friends old and new as well. Oh yeah, and good beer too! What more could anyone ask for?!

Kudos, bravos, accolades, and much thanks to both of you (and to your hard-working family members)!

-Ken Palmer

rbedgar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Wonderful event
Subject description: thanx
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm repeating here what I've said elsewhere...

It was a wonderful event, and very well managed. I include in "managing" the ability to make instant revisions and adapting to events as they happened. And the people, music, and technologies were wonderful.

After two days I returned home to California, and was STILL able to catch many sessions through the streaming. It all worked beautifully.

Thanks again, for everyone's work and presentations, and for the invitation to perform. It was a rich experience for me, and I appreciate the opportunity to share it with everyone there.

-Robert
mtvic

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Day four Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll chime in here .
I cannot thank Greg and Howard enough for the fun and experiences
that I could have never had with any other experience.
Now I know I am experienced.
Thank you everone who signed my program.And took my mental
spontinaiety sp? Ihad the best time.
With only three hours of sleep I was back to reality and my stinking day job.
Thank you all all all

Iwill be posting some photos that I took very soon
I love you all all all.
sonically yours
michael

cebec

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, thanks again, everyone. it was great to reconnect.
Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Phantasmagorical time!

Ultimate cool community of people.
I was Educated, inspired, dreamily entertained
and left feeling a part of a new community of friends.

Thank you all for having this...and being this.

Howard, Greg, and volunteers...Kudos
Agnes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Had a really great time! Enjoyed the music, and the people and felt a part of the community though I'm not a musician. I haven't come down yet!

Thank you Howard and Greg and all those who helped make this happen.

We have to figure out a way to let more people know about and attend this event next year. Got to spread the good stuff around.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's already Tuesday. I'm still unpacking. Wow... my head is still spinning.

This year I thought the music was in general up a notch or two. Several people said that their music was changed by the experience of last years event. You could hear it. IMHO, a musical community has not matured if the music isn't different because of the community. I don't think we are far enough along to have our own "sound", but there is a certain attitude and expressiveness that is starting to immerge. The diversity of the music was staggering.

The tech talks were again superb. I learned so much from them and they were each entertaining as well.

Attendance was up a little from last year - a lot more on Friday and a bit less on Sunday. The average was up about 10% as best we can figure.

Thanks to everyone who contributed, volunteered, attended, listened in on the stream, and supported this event.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
krkr

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: THANKS AND MORE Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In a few more days, there will be a million "Thank Yous" all over electro-music's site, but Howard, Greg, Julie, Hong, all the volunteers, musicians, and EVERYBODY -- "thank you" seems to fall short.

What I experienced went far beyond a bunch of people getting together for a festival. There's a coherence, a unity of purpose, and a dedication to this event that I'm sure everyone felt.

My wife attended on Sunday evening and she immediately felt it, too. She got SO excited that she's chomping at the bit to help out next summer.

My only regret is that I was unable to hear and see everything. There was such a variety of music, styles, composition techniques, sounds! I had more engaging discussions with people in three days than I usually have in a year!

This event was a wonderful reflection of the spirit of its founders. When THAT is the point of departure, it's sensed by everyone and the marvelous generosity, respect for all the artists and just plain LOVE OF MUSIC increases exponentially, making this an event no one should miss. I've been writing e-mails to friends since yesterday, trying to tell them they MUST come; come to witness, come to play their music, etc.

Where do I sign up for next year? I'm ready.
vytear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There must be some formula out there that correlates the amount of time one spends looking forward to an event and amount of perceived time one experiences when the actual event happens. If there is such a thing, I would like to add my input>

days spent looking forward to EM 2006 = 362
perceived time lapse of EM 2006 = 48 minutes

I had such a great time and the time FLEW! EM has been by far the best 6 days of my life for the past 2 years. Thanx a thousand times over to Howard, Greg, the entire Mosc. family, Hong, volunteers, sound system donators, sound people (John thanx very much for helping me out in the theatre - you were great!)....strange to meet such friendly live sound engineers!, raffle donators, all the performers, speakers, projectionists, sound installation artists, jammers, demonstrators, friends, familiar faces, Jack!, Cheltenham Art Center and the entire staff, Patty Kastner, caterers, everyone who came, everyone who listened to the radio streams, stroopwafle donators, pamphlet designers, t-shirt designers, CD song donators......ok I will stop.

I know it is just the second year of the event, but I am really starting to sense the community gelling here - it felt really good to see so many familiar faces and friends, meet new ones, have conversations, laughs, hang out for three days and bump into everybody, get to know them better, etc.

I look forward to seeing everyone again next year (maybe sooner?). Thanx so much for the great time. I love comas.

Jason Begin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vytear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and YES krkr! I think everyone should try to spread the word about how great EM is to get more people there next year!
BHarrington

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: It's Over!
Subject description: The View From Los Angeles
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The bags are unpacked, the laptops are back to their usual spot in the studio. As far as trips go, this was a good one - nothing lost, nothing broken. I only wish I could have spent a few hours in Philadelphia, but as usual it was airport, hotel, gig, hotel, airport.

But what a great gig! Thank you to Howard, Greg, Bill, and all the volunteers for making the event run so smoothly.

I look forward to seeing everyone again in 2007!

Bill

reception.jpg
 Description:
RECEPTION ELECTRO-MUSIC 2006
CHELTANHAM ART CENTER
 Filesize:  16.48 KB
 Viewed:  15880 Time(s)

reception.jpg

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bill, your first post - congratulations and welcome
mtvic

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to the forum Bill welcome
It was nice talking to you on SUNDAY morning @ around 1:00 in the afternoon.(Yes, to this elctroid 100 Sunday afternoon is morning.)
About your history with Frank Zappa ,Rick Derringer,Disco days and such.
Philadelphia has a history as we all know.Its too bad you could not stay longer.

RFBB

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know that I'm probably repeating myself and what others have already commented on BUT: Thanks to all again. I had a fantastic time listening and participating in this year's EM06. Meeting up with old friends and making new ones is always a blast. I look forward to attending future fests and my only regret was that I could not stay the entire three days.
So until then, keep at it everyone and spread the word. This may become the premiere EM Fest that the states has to offer. Now there is a thought.

M.Peck
www.mpeckmusic.blogspot.com
www.reverbnation.com/echotomb
Monkeyfinger

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm finally caught up from returning from EM06.
Doing the driving thing to get back to Atlanta was rough.
No problems or accidents - just a thoroughly beaten and exhausted ME!
But without hesitation I declare it was all worth it.

It is a great thing to be able to be involved with this event two years in a row.
I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!
Seeing the friends from the 05 and meeting new ones this year is a treat unto itself.
There is no other public event that I've ever felt so welcomed and trusting of.
Of all that I remember from the first year, it was the community feeling that revealed itself the quickest this year.
I jumped right back into the sense of communicating, educating, respecting, and enjoying that is unique to this group.

And that's all the stuff outside of the music!
The diversity, quality and creativity never fails to amaze me.

As always a huge 'thank you' goes out to Greg and Howard and their dedicated families.
But I continue my 'thank you' to everyone else who gets out there and makes the music and makes it happen.

I hope this all remains successful enough to continue, because it has made June a bright spot on my calender for two years, now!

"Electro - For - Life" right Jason?!?

Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: