electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Waldorf
microq midi clock...2.22
Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
pizzamon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: microq midi clock...2.22
Subject description: bugs!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The bugs! I own a blue microq keyboard edition that is mint. I bought it new from the factory a few years back. I recently rearranged my studio to include a (soon to arrive) Dave Smith MEK. I tried a new arrangement where I used my microq as midi-controller and masterclock. I have everything set up correctly and noticed that the microq is no longer sending midiclock messages. It sends midi controller and arp messages fine, but will not send midiclock. I switched back to O.S. 2.0 and it works fine. I switch back to the O.S. 2.22 and it does not work anymore. I switch out the microq for my access redback and it works fine again. It is only when I run my microq with O.S. 2.22. Has anybody else noticed this "bug"? Confused
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have read that the OS2.22 does have midi clock issues. So you are not alone with that problem.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
pizzamon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: thanx Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for letting me know I'm not alone; I emailed waldorf and let them know of the situation, but I don't expect them to reply right now, and they haven't, and probably won't.
pizzamon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: new developments Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In my continuing effort to get my micro q to send midi clock data I have discovered that it will not SEND midi clock data, but if I set global to AUTO-THRU it will receive from a sequencer and send that clock data to another synth. Any instrument down chain must be ported through the THRU midi port to receive information. For some unknown reason I am unable to get my down-chain synth to receive the "arp send" from my microq now. I don't know if this is related yet, but I will keep you guys informed of any new developments. I gotta' go do calculus now...
pizzamon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have given up on OS 2.22, I have reverted to OS 2.0. It has an LFO sync bug, but I can live with that. I am sad that this little noise box is such a pain in the butt, because it sounds outstanding! I would have sold it long ago if it did not sound so good.
Mohoyoho

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMHO the Qs are the best of the digital subtractive synths out there. Hopefully the newly revived Waldorf will do some software updates.
pizzamon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Hopefully the newly revived Waldorf will do some software up Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All indication are they will be charging for OS updates, and who says they will work this time around? It's very frustrating to have a nice synth like the waldorf and not be able to use it to its capacity! Maybe I should just put it away for a while and wait to see what happens. I'm afraid that if I wait to long, and the new boxes come out, I will lose more investment than I already have in this thing (nobody will buy it). I did spend $1200 on it when it was brand spanking new.
pizzamon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: now what? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

O.K. I have switched to O.S. 2.0, but now my access will not sync with my waldorf. I'm really getting peeked at this whole situation. I would say that new O.S.'s are essential if waldorf intends to keep it's rep. I love the sound of this synth mind you, I just wish it would work. Mad
Mohoyoho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Q is such a great sounding synth. I don't have mine sync'd to anything, even though I think it will. I guess it depends on what kind of music you are making. My Q rack has such a great digital sound. The pads are incredible. Good arps and a step sequencer! I say, hold on for a little while longer. I think the OS will be corrected. Surely they won't charge a whole lot of money for that.
pizzamon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ugh, thanx for the support. I think that I will hang on for now. These things will NOT be reproduced in any capacity with the release of the new waldorfs. I have read that the oscillators and various other parts are just not available any longer. So the sound of the new waldorf may be similar (who knows), but waldorfs of old are becoming classics. I hope they can correct this mess tho, I really want to use my micro as a controller and master-clock at the same time. My kit depends on it.
pizzamon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, and the best way to describe the sound is MUSHY. These things are soft and mushy from the key board to the filters. I like it that way, and the problem appears to be an LFO problem. I know the LFO of version 2.0 has a sync bug, this might be what I am experiencing.
DrJustice

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pizzamon, as mentioned in this thread, Waldorf have said that they will not charge for pure bugfixes, although they haven't committed to doing any AFAIK. Also, do not worry about oscillator 'parts' and the like since it's all done in software anyway.

Could be there's hope yet; do hang on to your micro Q Smile

DJ
--
pizzamon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am hanging on to my microq. I recently dug back into it for another round. I updated my daw program (ableton) and it's like a whole new world has opened up to me. I am rediscovering this little beauty. I reinstalled 2.22, and found that it is the best for receiving midi clock. I have gotten myself a patch-bay box and can now sync to all synths at once woooohoooooo! I love the sound of waldorf.
Repeatpeak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have my mQ synched to Ableton clock and send it through to a Boss VF-1. Everything syncs perfectly here. OS is 2.22.

Philip
pizzamon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, 2.22 seems to be the best to receive midi clock. O.S. 2.0 seems to be the best to send midi clock.
oldsynthguy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got a MicroQ I bought new when they discontinued them. The price was too good to ignore. I liked the sound and cost, but it proved difficult to integrate into my system, so I shelved it for a rainy day. It's still on the shelf! If I recall correctly, the main problem was getting it to work right with Sound Diver. Is anyone here using it with SD and not having problems?
pizzamon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a lot of problems with sound diver. I don't use it with Microq tho. I have problems using it with a virus. I use the "bundled" version that came with it. I think sound diver has problems working the way it is supposed to, rather than the synths being faulty.
Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Waldorf
Jump to: