electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nomad - NM1 Open Source Editor
Nomad (NM open editor) pre release available for DL
Page 3 of 3 [74 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I no longer have my NM1 (it's all G2 in the house). But I grabbed the editor just to see how it's going.

Wow! Amazing work!
/Dasz
Oval

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Nomad working on Micro Modular
Subject description: Nomad working on Micro Modular
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="chresan"]
sonicacid wrote:
Hi,
Beside that next version of Java (1.6) should bring advantages in rendering time. And in the future it will be possible to enable the opengl- or directDraw/direct3D pipelines for java applications, this will bring further advantages.
Christian

Did you ever try
java -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true
or
System.setProperty("sun.java2d.opengl", "true");

in 1.5 ?
chresan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Nomad working on Micro Modular

Oval wrote:

Did you ever try
or System.setProperty("sun.java2d.opengl", "true");
in 1.5 ?

Yes, I did. But I decided not to tell about it here. Using the opengl rendering might lead to vm crashes in 1.5. When the crashes are gone in 1.6 or later I will recommend this feature, but not earlier.

Christian

eposk

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to do list for the next version of Nomad-

-Randomizer

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Im just looking for one button that randomizes all the knobs, similar to the access virus random button, or something similar. This would be an excellent addition to a classic synth.

cheers.
VenaViola

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Nomad on the tiger 4.6 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have nord modular editor java.....oh the my ibook g4 with osx 10.4.6. It isn't run Sad
chresan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Nomad on the tiger 4.6 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

VenaViola wrote:
I have nord modular editor java.....oh the my ibook g4 with osx 10.4.6. It isn't run Sad

Have you installed Plumstone ? (available here http://www.mandolane.co.uk/ )

In the nomad directory there is a log file 'nomad.log', can you post it here - it might contain information about the problem

Christian

VenaViola

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is error :
ibook-g4-di-venaviola:~/documents/nomad VenaViola$ java -jar nomad.jarException in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/sf/nmedit/nomad/core/nomad/Nomad (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

i have install plumestone but isn't run nomad Sad i have jse 5.0
chresan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

VenaViola wrote:
... i have install plumestone but isn't run nomad Sad i have jse 5.0

I have done some research on this error. The problem is probably caused because you are running an older java interpreter. Please check the java version with the command
Code:
java -version
. If it is an older version than java 5.0 (1.5) you have to make Java 5 the default java VM on your computer. Please let me know when you still need help or if this solution fixed the problem.

Christian

VenaViola

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the version of my java pakage is 1.4.2. I download this pakage from apple site
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

VenaViola wrote:
the version of my java pakage is 1.4.2. I download this pakage from apple site

Sounds like the same problems that Sven (3phase) had initially - see first page of this thread for more info.

VenaViola

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The nomad interface very very cool!!! i have install the plum stone v 1.3 and have setting my midi device (motu828mk2) but the nomad sw not load or transmit the patch Sad
chresan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

VenaViola wrote:
The nomad interface very very cool!!! i have install the plum stone v 1.3 and have setting my midi device (motu828mk2) but the nomad sw not load or transmit the patch Sad

There are several cases you could check:
1. Look again in the file 'nomad.log' if there is something mentioned about an exception. If so then post the log file here.
2. There is a known bug in the midi configuration dialog. When your midi interface has more than one in/output ports and when they have all the same name in the connection dialog then you should try the first port of the midi interface (Port A or Port 1).

Note that you have to use the Menu Synth->Download to Slot XY to send the patch to the synth.

Christian

bankbot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Nomad on itelmac Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had tried using nomad on an Intelmac such as the macbook and if they had had any success?
Oval

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Nomad working on Micro Modular

chresan wrote:
Oval wrote:

Did you ever try
or System.setProperty("sun.java2d.opengl", "true");
in 1.5 ?

Yes, I did. But I decided not to tell about it here. Using the opengl rendering might lead to vm crashes in 1.5. When the crashes are gone in 1.6 or later I will recommend this feature, but not earlier.

Christian

Hi Christian!
May be you are interesting in this - http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=782276&tstart=0
And may be you will add playing test midifiles feature in your program to check out edited patch.
VenaViola

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

exscuse me exsiste jre 5.0 (1.5) for os x 10.3.9?
bankbot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Intelmac Nomad Problems Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey everyone, I tried the nomad on an intelmac and it fired up but for some reason it wouldnt recognize the midi in/out device that was installed and plugged into the computer. Has anyone else had problems with the nomad not recognizing their audio/midi card?
chresan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

VenaViola wrote:
exscuse me exsiste jre 5.0 (1.5) for os x 10.3.9?

Hi, I am sorry but I cannot answer your question. I have searched a while for an answer, but it seems that for JSE 5 you need os x 10.4.2 or later. But you should try and ask your question in a apple forum ( theres is one on apple.com )

j

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow.The possibilities of performances and a random patch button or mutator made me decide there is no way i will sell my nm1 keyboard!
mynameisstuart

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: deleting in the editor Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi all, this is a great program!!! just one thing i can't delete things in the editor like osc, filter etc. i've tried everything hilight it 'apple delete' 'control delete' everything. if someone could tell me how to delete i would to so grateful.
chresan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: deleting in the editor Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mynameisstuart wrote:
hi all, this is a great program!!! just one thing i can't delete things in the editor like osc, filter etc. i've tried everything hilight it 'apple delete' 'control delete' everything. if someone could tell me how to delete i would to so grateful.

The pre release does not support keyboard shortcuts, you have to wait for the next release.

mynameisstuart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: setting up with a midisport 2x2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi, i'm having a few problem getting started with this software. i can't get my midi interface to work and sync up. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

cheers stuart
chresan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: setting up with a midisport 2x2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mynameisstuart wrote:
hi, i'm having a few problem getting started with this software. i can't get my midi interface to work and sync up. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

cheers stuart

Hi Stuart,

which midi interface do you have ? And does the midi device dialog contain duplicate entries ? If the log file nomad/nomad.log contains errors can you post the file here ?

Christian

Edit: Ah, I missed the changed subject. I have also the midisport 2x2 and it should work. But depending on your os you can only use Midi In A and Midi Out A.

Gothboy

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can the Nomad editor work with Panther 10.3.9? I'm not running tiger but I'd like to check out the editor. I also wanted to know if Java Runtime 5 is compatible with Panther. I know this thread is a little old but my dedicated Opcode 3 midi interface died a mysterious death Rolling Eyes so I need to run the editor from my main G4 machine. I have the Clavia beta but I'd heard about the Nomad project. Thanks.
Novation SL49/Remote Zero
Mophox4, Nord Lead 2, Roland System 1, Novation Nova, Nord Micro modular, Korg Radias, Roland d-05, Yamaha A3000 sampler, Novation SL MK2 and Remote Zero controllers, Arturia Beatstep and SparkLE

"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Dymaxion Vehicle Music at www.dymaxionvehicle.com/
chresan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gothboy,

as far as I know there is no official support for Java 5 in os x 10.3.9 (but in 10.4). But take a look at the links:
http://bact.blogspot.com/2005/09/java-5-on-mac-os-x-103.html
and
http://lists.apple.com/archives/java-dev/2005/Apr/msg00669.html . There is a script attached which installs Java 5 on 10.3.x. Perhaps you have luck and it works for you. But you should only use it for java applications that require Java 5, for the others keep your current java installation.

Perhaps you can post some feedback here, whether this solution works for you or not.

Sincerely,
Christian

Page 3 of 3 [74 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nomad - NM1 Open Source Editor
Jump to: