electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
3 way crossover design for the fx rack
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
zipzap

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: 3 way crossover design for the fx rack Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone
Built a little optical limiter. I must say i like that stuff. Works very nice.
I´m thinking about a design for another frame... It´s gonna be the audio processing rack for my mixing desk. What i want to do is to have individual dynamics (2*optical 2*SSM 2018) and effects (some distortion stuff, maybe a sample and hold crusher or the robot voice...) to be connected to mixing chanells via insert cables. At the same time i want to allow some modular madness. So each unit will have it´s insert cable at the back and breaking points via normalized jacks at the front. Those should be an alternative in and a send/return between the effect and the insert cable leading back.
Any suggestions so faar? sounds reasonable?
Then i there should be a 3-way x-over/mixer module. Could function like a filter when insertet to the desk. Between the x-over and the mixer that puts the bands together again there are also send/returns for multiband processing.
Have you got any suggestion for a x-over design? Do you think it´s possible to use a state variable? Somehow add substract feedback the outs to get lp-bp and hp-bp. Problem is the phase dependance. You can´t just substract the bp from the other signals.
This is no good idea i guess. If someone has a circuit that is simple, has a steep slope, is widely adjustable and sounds good please let me know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: