electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
New Device: Ghost Talker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 2 of 2 [30 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Chrometuna

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: New Device: Ghost Talker.
Subject description: Give your ghost a synth for the ghost in the machine....
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
Chrometuna wrote:

Ghosts cant vote. Therefor democracy is invalid.

Ahh- so ghosts live in a dictatorship?? Wink Laughing

Only the red ones.

Chrometuna wrote:

I have a LOT of skeptisism about EVPs. But so far I cant just rule them out 100%

Okay, so you're 'agnostic'? Why are you skeptical if you can't rule them out 100%? Isn't that a bit of an awkward paradox?[/quote]

I dont think so.
I cant prove or disprove EVPs so far. I cannot prove that the odd voice sounds on some of these recordings are NOT "EVP" (or other-wordly, in nature) I cant prove that they ARE either.

Chrometuna wrote:

However, I DO believe that there are "inteligent energies"...call them ghosts, or spirits, or whatever...out there, and that they try to communicate with us.

Oh no. This subject is slowly moving towards the nonsense which is otherwise known as 'creationism'. i.e. a unscientific notion that life has been created by an intelligent outer force etc etc[/quote]

Come to think of it, I have NEVER seen or heard of a ghost of an ape.

BUT, the flying space monkeys from Zeta Reticuli regard us as nothing more then "containers". Which makes me wonder what our CONTENTS are? And whatever our contents are, are the space monkeys harvesting whatever it is? And what they dont harvest, are THOSE ghosts?

Chrometuna wrote:

They are just as incompetent at it as we are.

Okay Confused Just as incompetent as we are? Have you thought that this crossed parallel could actually be us?? Talking on citizens band or whatever. [/quote]

Sure! It very well could be. Thats a big 10-4 there buddy.

We havnt been real successful at talking to whale and dolphins either. They are probably smart enough to be laughing at us when we try....and then they swim around trying to think up new ways to train humans to speak to them.

Chrometuna wrote:

The problem that I see is in building a transducer capable of putting out volume of that kind of frequencies.

I remember the KLF used to have a tank that had a 'sonic gun' attached to the front. It was used to 'fire drum beats' at people in the audience. Quite a silly idea indeed Very Happy

Chrometuna wrote:

Could it be some kind of ion generator or projector that causes a massive air-wave? And could such a thing take up the space of a suitcase? Instead of a HUGE W bin?

What? The politics of fear?? A suitcase with a BOMB??? "Rasputin?! Dress the prisoners in the wetsuit's with the bottoms cut out of them and release the rampant wildebeest!!"[/quote]

How about THIS thing:
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,72134-0.html?tw=rss.index

I kinda like the imagery of the wetsuits with the bottoms cut out. Thats pretty kinky. Im sure theres a club for that somewhere. But it DOES give me an idea for my next performance concept.

But whatever.

I think that ghosts, spirits, and the occassional gaseuous cloud of energy needs to have access to a synth, just in case they feel like playing us a little tune.
Chrometuna

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: wwoooo000ooOooooo0000OOOooooOo00gggley woooogly bluh bluh bl
Subject description: bluh bluh bluh whackattattaattaaahhhh hoooloopppeeeewoo!

Pehr wrote:
Chrometuna wrote:

But more to the point: I think such a ghost-talking synth should react to electromagnetic, magnetic, ion and possibly other light wavelengths.

and temperature?

Sure! Some say that ghosts create, or occupy "cold spots" so perhaps lazer-thermometers could be utilized to sense temp changes?

A couple of days ago, I was rummaging through this forum looking for info on the Atari Punk Consol (Because I need something easy and simple for my little brain to understand and build, with very few parts) I came accross the thread about "Space Wiring", and started following links and things from there.

Then I ran into THIS website:
http://www.wsu.edu/%7Ejackdoll/jak/work/dws.htm#nxt

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

And it was probably the ghosts using EVPs through my toaster that made the ideas collide inside my head.....even though it took a day or so for the synapses and jello to pass the two ideas close enough together that they would click.

ANYWAY....aside from this guy making some really cool art that does fun stuff....I thought that it would be a very fun, useful, and interesting project to build a synth that reacted to people and things (Kitties seem to love electronic things) moving past them, or hanging around in the same room.

Or what about disguising the thing as a tree or a bush, and putting it out by the sidewalk so dogs, passersby, mailmen and folks would set it off and then they could spend minutes waving their hands around a bush.
23isgood

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know I can hear a girls voice in that evp, though I cant tell what the hell she is saying. I have heard lots of evp's and some are very interesting but there are a lot more that sound like nonsense.

The funny thing is when the evp sounds like nothing you can possibly understand but the person doing the recording comes up with some crazy idea about what was said. I do believe some evp's are legit but most of them are simply unrecognizable.

I have heard that the reason people use cheapo digital recorders is that they pick up a lot of noise and it is the noise that becomes the modulator for the voices. Ok, sure but why not try a pro quality digital or analog recorder instead, and see what happens?
Chrometuna

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

23isgood wrote:
You know I can hear a girls voice in that evp, though I cant tell what the hell she is saying. I have heard lots of evp's and some are very interesting but there are a lot more that sound like nonsense.

The funny thing is when the evp sounds like nothing you can possibly understand but the person doing the recording comes up with some crazy idea about what was said. I do believe some evp's are legit but most of them are simply unrecognizable.

I have heard that the reason people use cheapo digital recorders is that they pick up a lot of noise and it is the noise that becomes the modulator for the voices. Ok, sure but why not try a pro quality digital or analog recorder instead, and see what happens?

We use a variety of cheapo recorders.

I recently got an Olympus VN-1000 digital recorder (Because it was on sale $20 bucks) But we also have a Norcom microcassette (Different then a minicassette) that was rather expensive years ago. We also have a couple of other small minicassette recorders.

Im not sure of the ryhme or reason about it. Just being small, handheld with built in mics makes them easy to carry along. Those internal mics pick up a lot of the motor and tape noise.

I have also heard about the background noise being used to modulate the EVPs.

The digital recorders have no moving parts, so no motor noises. And they seem to be very sensitive.

Theres all kinds of theories about the background noise, and creating a white noise source for background noise etc.

Im not sure how much of it I really buy into....other then that Ive heard some EVPs on my own gear that I cant completely debunk as "noise" or other natural causes.

This is a big reason why I think a "ghost talker" would be cool: A variety of natural phenomenon manipulate it and work it. It gives a ghost some feedback and a way to express itself. Ghosts are pretty weak and wimpy. a vast majority of them cant throw things around or turn lights on and off (Although mine does occassionally) So they need something that they can manipulate.

We also noticed that ghosts eat batteries. Everytime we go out ghost hunting in certain spots where there is a lot of activity, our batteries die really fast. We think that ghosts feed on the electricity. So if there is a therimin type tri-field ion source, then maybe the ghosts can get stronger on that and start playing music?

Besides, a new-wave ghost band would be a great money-maker. You wouldnt have to PAY them, and they dont need a deli tray!

Cheers
bob c
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: New Device: Ghost Talker.
Subject description: Give your ghost a synth for the ghost in the machine....

Chrometuna wrote:
How about THIS thing:
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,72134-0.html?tw=rss.index

Shocked

Yes the same sort of thing. The kind of mind controlling nonsense we've come to expect from the Americans. Why can't the yank's and the limey's just admit it? We've lost the war on terror. As if there was any 'terror' in the first place?

Chrometuna wrote:

I kinda like the imagery of the wetsuits with the bottoms cut out. Thats
pretty kinky. Im sure theres a club for that somewhere. But it DOES give me an idea for my next performance concept.

But whatever.

It's a quote from the BBC's Red Dwarf, when the crew find themselves on a planet inhabited by wax droids. Sci-fi is too serious to be serious. It need to be more ridiculous- which it is anyway, so the more funny, the better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQK3YpKjc2c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Nq20J0kiE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAEgoTalYIM

Did you listen to the SW number station I posted?

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 2 of 2 [30 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: