electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  EdisonRex Edison's Electronic Review
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Need a few chapters from "Musical Engineer's Handbook"
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mikeb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Need a few chapters from "Musical Engineer's Handbook"
Subject description: missing a few chapters of the book by Bernie Hutchins.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My friend gave me a big binder with all the chapters of this book, all printed out and stapled together. THe problem is.. the chapters that are the most important to me right now (5B Voltage-Controlled Oscillator Design, and 7B Design of Controller Interfaces) are missing for some reason.

Does anybody know where I can get copies of these two chapters? I think they're only like at max 10 pages each.

I'd be totally willing to paypal some money for shipping if someone has these and can make a copy for me.

I'm in the process of designing a little instrument, which is sort of a self-contained VCO with a Circon controller (http://www.wendycarlos.com/circon.html) and I'm trying to read everything I can so I can to better understand stuff like Thomas Henry's XR2206 VCO and other VCO's, and start modifying them towards my specific needs, etc.
fluxmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I betcha Bernie (http://electronotes.netfirms.com/) would be willing to supply the missing pages to you. He is a hero in my book for keeping this whole thing in print. i'm glad no upstanding synthcitizen would ever consider making unauthorized copies of his invaluable work.

b
mikeb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey bbob, I'm just looking to fill lost chapters from my friend's proper copy of this. I didn't think someone daring to photocopy 20 pages of a 30 year old thing was being unlawful or taking away value from this work. No disrespect to the author, since the thing is a very great resource... but there's no way I'm considering paying $300 asked for on that website for a print of the entire thing just to get 2 missing chapters. I'm sure its a valuable resource for someone who can afford it though.
fluxmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

$300 is for EVERTHING, which fills about 9 large binders. the entire MEH is $35, and I bet Bernie would sell you the chapters you're missing for a nominal cost... he's a good guy. but the fact remains, anyone (besides huthchins) making copies and sending them to you in exchange for cash is piracy. treat the little independent heros of our small community right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: