electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Announcement European Modular Event 2007
Page 5 of 8 [198 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout Blommers wrote:

People attended from many parts of the world, this time also from Switzerland, Austria, Germany (a lot), the USA (a lot from both sides), Canada, Finland, Sweden, Belgium, Italy and The Netherlands (also a lot).
Wout

Who took the gold? Smile
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Belgiums, of course!
They were playing at home and nothing can beat their beer Very Happy

Wout
mono-poly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Saturday noodling at our private lake.

electro-music 2007 - 84.jpg
 Description:
Joker @ the Synthi-E
 Filesize:  3.41 MB
 Viewed:  10935 Time(s)

electro-music 2007 - 84.jpg

TB2006

G2 patch files: 17

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout Blommers wrote:
TB2006 wrote:
And you forgot the Spanish and the French.

It was great, and i will try to be there again!

Tim
Half French Wink

It was wonderful to experiment with this little devil...
Instructions by the developer and three machines to practise with!
http://www.genoqs.com/

Wout

Wout, was there a special "event" price for the octopus, i'm thinking about one.

Tim

Btw: Joker, a synthi is NOT a nord.... Smile
trotz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: I'll keep my promise :) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To all those of you who I couldn't give a copy of my last CD, I'd be more than honoured to send it to you if you let me know your postal address.

PM me thru the forum.

m0mms

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: music cognition Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have had several.... well, ok, i admit it, two.. requests for my foils..

go to http://embodiedcog.blogspot.com and there is a pointer to them on artonova.com..

complicated, but easier to manage that way.

M
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TB2006 wrote:
Wout, was there a special "event" price for the octopus, i'm thinking about one.
Well, not exactly... As a joke we spoke about 'group discount', but nothing materialized Smile

Are you in sequencing?
The basic idea behind the Octopus is being able to edit patterns on the fly, besides being a very sophisticated machine.

Wout
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: I'll keep my promise :) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

trotz wrote:
To all those of you who I ...
Well, we forgot the most important thing about nettiquette now...

welcome to electro-music.com trotz Very Happy

Wout
swh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Photos Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone!

My general photos from around the chateau: http://www.flickr.com/photos/steveharris/sets/72157601267414223/

The ones that remind me most of the event are http://www.flickr.com/photos/steveharris/1033163408/in/set-72157601267414223/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steveharris/1033205844/in/set-72157601267414223/
and of course
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steveharris/1033202368/in/set-72157601267414223/

I've not yet sorted out the photos of the musical stuff and people, I'll do that tonight and upload them here.

- Steve
mono-poly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Steve you made some REAL nice pictures!
Thanks for taking and sharing them.
cebec

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, very beautiful pictures and an idyllic place. did the roosters wake anybody up too early in the morning?
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cebec wrote:
... did the roosters wake anybody up too early in the morning?
No! Tommi Lindel did Very Happy

Wout
swh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Luckily, like most other people there, the roosters were not early risers Smile

It is an amazing place. Glad people liked looking at my photos.
Jason

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

swh wrote:

It is an amazing place. Glad people liked looking at my photos.

Yes thank you for uploading them. They are beautiful and very professional pictures. Well done!
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout Blommers wrote:

The basic idea behind the Octopus is being able to edit patterns on the fly, besides being a very sophisticated machine.

I just read through the manual, I like some of the ideas. I also like how it's Open Source and the code that's up on Sourceforge does look very wel documented.

It's a shame it's not at all clear wether that USB port meant for lamps also supports data so you could add a HID device.

m0mms

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
Wout Blommers wrote:

I just read through the manual, I like some of the ideas. I also like how it's Open Source and the code that's up on Sourceforge does look very wel documented.

It's a shame it's not at all clear wether that USB port meant for lamps also supports data so you could add a HID device.

you could *implement* functionality to support using the usb while playing. at the moment it is used for 2 things.. for a light, and to upload from a pc - i.e. sysex dumps.
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I realised the "implement" bit, but implementing something like that would be a lot harder if only the power and none of the data lines are conected for the USB port. If the Octopus can acts as a USB host port HID-compliant joysticks a lot of fun could be had.

You'll have to excuse me; I have a minor obsession with hooking up arcade joysticks to everything.

m0mms

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
Yes, I realised the "implement" bit, but implementing something like that would be a lot harder if only the power and none of the data lines are conected for the USB port. If the Octopus can acts as a USB host port HID-compliant joysticks a lot of fun could be had.

You'll have to excuse me; I have a minor obsession with hooking up arcade joysticks to everything.

dude, check out the source code.. you should be able to locate the code which is currently used for sysex's, that should provide you with a hook as to which part of the hardware is pretending to be usb, then implement away to your heart's content.

you will also need the build environment of course... Smile
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, well, I wasn't planning on doing this tomorow (I'd also need to learn enough of C++... :¬) ) but it looks like a very interesting option. Are a lot of the Octopus users modifying their code?
sebber

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 33

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This are beautiful pictures, man. I thought it was very, very nice there, but your photos are eye-openers how much there is to see with the eyes of a really good photographer as you are.
doppelganger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Rooster wanted Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Guys!

Does anyone have a rooster that can wake me up? I slept through my first working day at ING. hehehe...oops...
Really great week! Thanks for the pictures Steve, they are real National Geographic material.
Thank you everyone. I had a writers block but you all inspired me so much I have enough fuel for a year. Great stuff, untill next year.

Andreas Doppelganger

If anyone is interested in the live set I played, I have it right here for you to download:

http://www2.hku.nl/~andreas0/music_chateau_sonore/Andreas_Doppelganger-Live_At_Chateau_Sonore_Belgium.mp3

I am also on Hyves and Myspace so keep in touch everyone!! \

By the way: I keep hearing mosc's low american voice when I read the electro music forum. Is that Gestallt or what!? Keep planting them apple tree's...
doppelganger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: e mail adresses Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By the way,

Could everyone send me an e mail so I have all you e mail adresses?
Would be great!

a.akker@gmail.com

Thanks!
TB2006

G2 patch files: 17

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout Blommers wrote:
TB2006 wrote:
Well, not exactly... As a joke we spoke about 'group discount', but nothing materialized Smile

Are you in sequencing?

Wout

Yes i am in sequencing, although on a modest level with an electribe, so no accords, no different speeds per track, no 192 steps but simply 16...
and i like the idea of keeping an oversight with the LEDs.

Now if there would be a chateau sonore price if we buy three or so....? Gabriel ...?
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We can always ask Smile

Wout
dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, what a wonderful time this was. tomorrow i will return to canada. thanks to everyone and especially wout and his family for their wonderful hospitality.

yes, I've had a wonderful time.
/Dasz
Page 5 of 8 [198 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: