electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Announcement European Modular Event 2007
Page 6 of 8 [198 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

swh wrote:
Glad people liked looking at my photos.

I had a quick peek, looked great, I'll look more later and I might want a real camera as well Very Happy

I'm glad to read about all people safely returned home, I'm still continuing the event a bit here at home having Howard and Juli over, but in about 6 hours they'll be on their way home as well - better get some sleep now ...

I really had a great time, thanks to all for that. There has been some occasional mismanagement that will have touched some more than others, I'm sorry for that, and I hope that people will be able to share their less than perfect experiences here as well - I'd like to hear those.

For people wanting to post pictures about the event, I made a new section in the gallery for Chateau Sonore pictures which is currently empty. I just noticed that Wout was a bit quicker than me, but I thought it to be a good idea of posting picture series as new sub-albums in that album. If anyone needs help posting the pics I'd be glad to try to help out.

Ok, off to bed now, I promise to post pics later !

dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is the video I shot of a practice for my set.

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-132358.html#132358

It was a pleasure to meet you all and to get to hang out. Sorry I could not use my hands pretty much due to a recent re-injury.
/Dasz
Tommi Lindell

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi !

Thanks again to everybody for the fantastic time at the chateau. I posted the patch inspired by our friend on the yard:

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-19823.html

see you again,

Tommi
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
... I'm glad to read about all people safely returned home, I'm still continuing the event a bit here at home having Howard and Juli over, but in about 6 hours they'll be on their way home as well - better get some sleep now ...
Yep! We were just chilling on the beach with Dasz. It will be quite now around the house, although the little Menno...
Quote:
I really had a great time, thanks to all for that. There has been some occasional mismanagement that will have touched some more than others, I'm sorry for that, and I hope that people will be able to share their less than perfect experiences here as well - I'd like to hear those.
Like to read about this too. Maybe better use the e-mail list for that?
Quote:
For people wanting to post pictures about the event, I made a new section in the gallery for Chateau Sonore pictures which is currently empty. I just noticed that Wout was a bit quicker than me, but I thought it to be a good idea of posting picture series as new sub-albums in that album. If anyone needs help posting the pics I'd be glad to try to help out.
I didn't know. In my album only the portraits of the attendees will be published, although there are a few I forgot or were already gone before I started the little project, so I'm sorry Tim. Maybe you can send me a picture of yourself just to go with the memory?
Quote:
Ok, off to bed now, I promise to post pics later !
See you later today and drive carefully to get the Mosc's safely on their plane!

Wout
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Guys,

Maybe it would be a good idea if we could get a list together of all the people that attended with real names and forum names, this would help matchine the forum names to faces.

Anyone have any idea of how we could go about this.

Cheers

Andy
trotz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: First batch of pictures
Subject description: Chateau Sonore 2007
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here you have the link to the first batch of pictures.

Here it is

swh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
Hi Guys,

Maybe it would be a good idea if we could get a list together of all the people that attended with real names and forum names, this would help matchine the forum names to faces.

Anyone have any idea of how we could go about this.

A wiki seems ideal, is there one on electro-music.com? Their also great for collaboratively writing tutorials and stuff.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No wiki here yet. We are considering it though.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
etherline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: First batch of pictures

trotz wrote:

Here it is

I had not realised that it would be such a great location. It looks spacious, comfortable and ideal for making music.
sebber

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 33

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just wanted to say that I didn't experience any mismanagement at all. The organizers could have opted to have one bus transport for everybody at the same time from Brussels to the Chateau and back - they didn't. They made a plan for everybody and travelled back and forth to get the people from the airport/train station, whatever. Kees drove 800km the very first day. So maybe Kees calls that mismanagement, but I was just one happy participant, enjoying great company, great food and great patches. I was just happy to hear no-one was injured in that grisly car accident on the very last day and I arrived at the airport very well in time - in time for paying 24 € excess luggage fee. Laughing
m0mms

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sebber wrote:
Just wanted to say that I didn't experience any mismanagement at all. The organizers could have opted to have one bus transport for everybody at the same time from Brussels to the Chateau and back - they didn't. They made a plan for everybody and travelled back and forth to get the people from the airport/train station, whatever. Kees drove 800km the very first day. So maybe Kees calls that mismanagement, but I was just one happy participant, enjoying great company, great food and great patches. I was just happy to hear no-one was injured in that grisly car accident on the very last day and I arrived at the airport very well in time - in time for paying 24 € excess luggage fee. Laughing

what car accident?????
cebec

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: First batch of pictures

etherline wrote:
trotz wrote:

Here it is

I had not realised that it would be such a great location. It looks spacious, comfortable and ideal for making music.

Beautiful location. Thanks for the pictures.

mono-poly you brought everything!! Shocked
ambi-J

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone back!!!

It was a great pleasure to me to be there with so many interesting people, at such a nice and inspiring place. and I was glad you all enjoyed it in our small but good-living Belgium.

thanks to the organizers who make it all possible and to mono-poly who introduced me into this event.

thanks also to the people who have taken photographs, they are very nice.

javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy
xav

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you all for the hospitality, for my mother and me. We enjoyed! I didn't know that beautiful place, in my own country. Great idea, Rob, Jan and all of you. We could only stay one day and unfortunately couldn't meet everyone. I didn't know there was a Continuum, we missed so many performances and discussions... it's a shame!
BobTHeDog idea to get a list of the participants is great. An easy way would be to create a gallery, to add photos with names and information... Wot began a portrait gallery... maybe can we complete this work.
Kees

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: back home and back to work... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sebber wrote:
Just wanted to say that I didn't experience any mismanagement at all. The organizers could have opted to have one bus transport for everybody at the same time from Brussels to the Chateau and back - they didn't. They made a plan for everybody and travelled back and forth to get the people from the airport/train station, whatever. Kees drove 800km the very first day.

No, no, don't exaggerate, it was only 600 km... Smile

I returned home safely and I've already had my first working day.
Thanks to everyone who have posted the pictures they took during the event.
It was a great week!
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m0mms wrote:
what car accident?????
Well, more then one, but only little damage to the car. Ever tried to drive near the Brussel train station Midi? Driving a van to which you're not used to drive? Well, then Brussel is a hell... It looked to me the van was a pin ball machine ball going through the town, but that's only my imagination Smile

Wout
mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really had a hard time to not fall a sleep on my way back.
But it worked out good without any damage.
I will sort some pictures this week and upload them.
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 96

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doppleganger,

Your set passes the "cubicle" test. IE, it can be enjoyed inside a cubicle on headphones as well as in a chateau in Belgium, surrounded by beautiful scenery. In fact, I'm enjoying the hell out of it now, thank you very much for posting it!

Cheers,
Scott

BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scott Stites wrote:
Doppleganger,

Your set passes the "cubicle" test. IE, it can be enjoyed inside a cubicle on headphones as well as in a chateau in Belgium, surrounded by beautiful scenery. In fact, I'm enjoying the hell out of it now, thank you very much for posting it!

Cheers,
Scott

It was very loud at the chateau, turn up for full enjoyment Smile
Fidgit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my complete picture collection from the chateau (100 fotos) is in the gallery here:

http://electro-music.com/forum/gallery2.php/v/chateau_sonore/fidgit/

enjoy, guys Twisted Evil
and thank you all for organisation, contribution & co cheers
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Juli and I got home last night and almost immediately went to bed and slept late. We're doing fine with the jet lag so far but it was quite a long trip. There is a lot of housework to do.

Thanks to Wout, Jan and Rob for organizing such a great event. We had a wonderful time. It was great to renew old friendships and make new ones. There is a neat old girl scout saying (actually it's a song) "make new friends and cherish the old; one is silver and the other is gold". Great people, music, food, Belgium beer, Dutch bush, a beautiful place - what more could one want?

Thanks especially to Jan and Wout for hosting us before and after the event. It was really great to meet Wout and Lise's 2 year old son, Menno. Also, it was great to meet an old friend, Carlo, for the first time. Performing with Amy X Neuburg was a thrill. Making all the new old friends topped off the whole thing.

I'll post my pics (not as good as those posted already) soon. Arrggggg, starting to feel tired, jet lag creeping in. Oh well, Dave Peck and Dasz have it even worse than we do.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, I forgot.

Thanks to the organizers and the attendees for agreeing to donate 1/2 of the left-over money from the event to help electro-music.com. That is so much appreciated. As soon as we can figure out what will help our server more, a second processor or more memory, we'll use the money for that.

BTW, it was very funny when Rob announced this. He said something like, "I'm sure Howard can use the money for something he needs, like better memory." Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

..sounds like one of many subplots from a book by PKD Laughing

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Juli and I got home last night

Good to hear that, it was a pleasure having you and Juli around. I started working again today, not so easy to do, even without a jet lag Very Happy Hope to have some time for sorting out & posting my pics today and maybe do some work on the recordings.

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell pictures
Page 6 of 8 [198 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: