electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » g2ools utilities
nm2g2 converter and the NM1 User Lib...
Page 4 of 4 [85 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the original Classic archive there are a lot of files that are not patches. All kinds of files are present, it can be HTML, text, doc, wav, avi. These files serve to give a context to archive, so I did not want to remove them. Unfortuanately this means that the combinde archive with both the original patches and the translated patces is not zippable. I've uploaded this one as a zipped ISO file.

I also uploaded the original Classic archive to make it accessible in the same way as the other files. This was not altered in any way by me.

Finally I made a folder with the G2 (translated) patches as a mirror of the original Classic archive. I left all the additional files in this archive.

Currently I'm uploading the last bits, when done I'll post a message with links in a new thread.

I hope I did not offend anyone by going this way.

jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would it be worth while to create threads for each patch (automagically)?

So at the top of each thread is the original NM1 patch, followed by the converted G2 patch version. Then, if patches are hand-tuned, they can be maintained within that thread. Future commentary for either NM1 patch or G2 patch can be kept together. Filtering of file types could be done through extensions to the forum software, just like we do now. Old patch owners might even dig up commentary out of the NM1 archive that they remember and re-post it in the thread, just for continuity.
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
In the original Classic archive there are a lot of files that are not patches. All kinds of files are present, it can be HTML, text, doc, wav, avi. These files serve to give a context to archive, so I did not want to remove them. Unfortuanately this means that the combinde archive with both the original patches and the translated patces is not zippable. I've uploaded this one as a zipped ISO file.

I also uploaded the original Classic archive to make it accessible in the same way as the other files. This was not altered in any way by me.

I just checked the Archive and I believe you uploaded the one you copied some month ago from my computer? Indeed, this was not cleared of some additional files, like MidiMod ".Slt files. Well, they can be converted, of course: there's is a special Midi Out folder in the G2 Wink

I should leave all these, other then *.pch, files in, because it takes a lot of time to clean it...

I wonder why some files have an icon of a 'bomb'?
see
http://nm-archives.electro-music.com/010_NordModular/011_Patches/Nagle_Paul/4Slots/

Wout
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout Blommers wrote:
you uploaded the one you copied some month ago from my computer?

Yes that's the one.

Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
In the original Classic archive there are a lot of files that are not patches. All kinds of files are present, it can be HTML, text, doc, wav, avi. ...

Just did a little search.

*.doc 62
*.txt 85
*.Slt 106
*.wav 212
*.mp3 20
*.exe 7
*.html 55
*.pchList 23
*.gif 303
*.jpg 93
*.avi 1
*.bpm 3
*.css 4
*.cdr 1
*.cpt 5
*.ecc 15
*.ini 3
*.js 5
*.lso 4
*.mid 6
*.nfo 1
*.nlr 16
*.raw 1
*.res 1
*.rtf 1
*.syx 8
*.tmp 1
*.xml 1
*.zip 42
*.pdf 3

total 1088

33510 Patches in the main archive

55.638 Patches in three Archives, including the catergorized archives...

Wout
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I might interject.

The command prompt in XP is pretty lame. The best thing to do with XP is load Cygwin and use either tar or cpio to make portable archives. OSX can use tar and cpio files natively. Also, the bash shell works identically on both platforms.

Another great option is the rsync program which will automatically synchronize directories on XP, Linux and OSX systems - automatically.

There is a little bit of a learning curve using the shell, but it is applicable to all platforms, so it's worthwhile.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
If I might interject.

The command prompt in XP is pretty lame. The best thing to do with XP is load Cygwin and use either tar or cpio to make portable archives. OSX can use tar and cpio files natively. Also, the bash shell works identically on both platforms.

Another great option is the rsync program which will automatically synchronize directories on XP, Linux and OSX systems - automatically.

There is a little bit of a learning curve using the shell, but it is applicable to all platforms, so it's worthwhile.

Files zipped on Windows with pkzip & winzip can be unzipped on *nix just fine (as long as the portable modes are used- see this post http://www.electro-music.com/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&p=58873). Winzip will untar tar files, and gunzip gzipped files, and will untar and unzip .tgz files. It's a lot easier to install than cygwin, but it's not free any more. Sad

(but Cygwin is infinitely more powerful) Wink

Last edited by cappy2112 on Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:
It's a lot easier to install than cygwin, but it's not free any more. :(

Erm, I do have WimZip and I payed for it as well, but it's 8.1 or so. Maybe I'll upgrade to 11, but otoh, what works works.

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WinRAR is very powerful too. Free trial that always works if you don't mind the nag messages.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
WinRAR is very powerful too. Free trial that always works if you don't mind the nag messages.

and it can read ISO images too !!
Page 4 of 4 [85 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » g2ools utilities
Jump to: