electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » g2ools utilities
Archives of converted patches
Page 1 of 2 [34 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject:  Archives of converted patches Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

edit: the zips blow got lost .. but there is : http://electro-music.com/forum/post-415660.html#415660

You'll find three large zips here. The first one being the original NM Classic patch archive. The next one is a combined archive of the original patches and the patches converted into G2 format and the last one is an archive containing the converted patches only.

All the zips have the non patch files from the original archive in them, hopefully providing some context.

The combined archive contains an ISO file as the archive was too large to be zippable. Here you can find some info about using ISO image files under windows XP. Search for "At What are ISO image files and how do I use them" to get to the info quickly. I have no info for other OSes, if someone has some please add a follow up post.

Ok, here are the archives :

Have fun !

Last edited by blue hell on Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Archives of converted patches Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
You'll find three large zips here. The first one being the original NM Classic patch archive. The next one is a combined archive of the original patches and the patches converted into G2 format and the last one is an archive containing the converted patches only.

All the zips have the non patch files from the original archive in them, hopefully providing some context.

The combined archive contains an ISO file as the archive was too large to be zippable. Here you can find some info about using ISO image files under windows XP. Search for "At What are ISO image files and how do I use them" to get to the info quickly. I have no info for other OSes, if someone has some please add a follow up post.

Ok, here are the archives :

Have fun !

This is a great accomplishment. I remember all of the grumbling in the Nord community when we found out there was no conversion mechanism.
gomidas

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GREAT!!!!
JLS

Audio files: 30
G2 patch files: 316

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UFFFFF

THIS GREAT WORKS

THANKS Smile

https://github.com/jlswbs
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder if it would be worth making a change to nm2g2 to help zip make smaller files (for the sake of bandwidth).
I noticed that a converted patch has all 8 variations set identically. This saves you the trouble of using the 'copy to' option in the editor if you want to make some new variations. But for such a large archive, having all the bits of variation 2-8 + vari.Init, set to zero might make a significant difference to the zip file size.

What does everyone think?
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

g2ian wrote:

It would probably help to make the zips smaller, it would not however make the combined archive zippable as it's the number of files that prevents winzip doing it (winzip 8.1 used).

3phase

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 141

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I still dont understand the number problem because i ve the combined as a zip here ???
Is your lib version bigger? or just not as cleaned up?
in the actual version there are also the 200something 2.0 files converted.
so its actually also an update for the Nm1 lib
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
g2ian wrote:

It would probably help to make the zips smaller, it would not however make the combined archive zippable as it's the number of files that prevents winzip doing it (winzip 8.1 used).

Sorry Jan, I'm one of the few that has no need for the classic patches.
Was just thinking about my 1GB monthly limit Laughing
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

g2ian wrote:
Sorry Jan, I'm one of the few that has no need for the classic patches. Was just thinking about my 1GB monthly limit :lol:

Ok, was just trying to clear things up.

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3phase wrote:
I still dont understand the number problem

The reason I have more files is twofold.

One is that I did not remove the non-patch files. The reason for that is that I think it provides extra context.

The other is that I kept the original directory structure, which seems to have the categorized patches duplicated in the complete tree. But this way it is the same as the original archive.

When people think the extra files and the duplicate files should be removed I will try do so next time, but this means that the original archive should be cleaned up as well.

3phase

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had a look thru this files and havent found them useful..they rather relate to the threads on the list and without the related thread i dont see reason for photos of screenshots and alike.

Its however not so that qfingers conversion got rid of these files..but its less..only 49 .jpgs for example..
You have to ask him what the differences really are..but i guess he is doing that all script based..maybe his scripts automatical remove data trash or something like that...
The advantae in the combined folder is taht updates are ultraquick...
a version that got rid of the yesterday reported bugs..that are actually all cleared by now allready would be availible in 2 hours..

with all v2.0 patches converted to 3.0 .pch and the pch2 versions aswell...

next 3 bugs found..another 2 hours...ready...

However..wish there would be more bugs reported..
its probably not so many in it anymore..but...

Its such a complex system with so many modules and ways to connect them in weard ways...

there must be some bugs left...
cappy2112

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="Blue Hell"]
3phase wrote:

When people think the extra files and the duplicate files should be removed I will try do so next time, but this means that the original archive should be cleaned up as well.

I sympathize with those who have download issues or don't want the extra files. However, I'm not sure removing them from the original archive is a good idea. I agree that the extra files may contain context and be of use to some people, especially people who joined the Nord community long after all those patches & supporting files were developed.

Although, I can't suggest a solution that works for all.
3phase

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its not that the original Nm1 archive stopped to exsist...
It would be nice if one day the interesting threads archive would be interlinked with the lib..and than any posted file is from interest..

For the conversion lib its mainly the patches itself and the author names that are from interest...
Therefore its good that we work with the Authors folders and not the cattegorized archive...

just with the authors name its possible to find related threads in the main archive and list archive if someone really wants that...

Actually it would be good if all the files would be just zips to make it easier for the user.. to achive this goal for the combined archive i would recomend just to use the version from qfinger..especially because we need it to be updated as regulary and quickly as the program..
The combined archive is ment for debuging..its not usefull when this is another version than the programmer works with...

the singel g2 archive can be different..it also could hold hand optimized tweeks..retuned Chet Singer patches for example..
single folders..sound cattegorys..what ever..

but the workbase in the moment is the combined archive me and Q-finger are using... It would be a question of minutes to update that file on the server ..
I really dont see the point to refuse that file especially because the other has less succesfull conversions. Or has somebody else done the transfer of the 270 v2.0 patches yet?... mainly marco ettlich and christian vogel patches when i remember the list correctly
3phase

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Version1.5 of the combined Lib Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

180 MB combined Lib 1.5 with cable shortening.

This one also contains the above mentioned converted V2.0 patches

please report bug findings.

http://3phase.de/sounds/nord.html
Derek Cook

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Many thanks. I'm downloading for the next rainy day in Wales! Very Happy

But that's not today, it's blue skies and no clouds Shocked so I'm off to make the most of it! Smile
iPassenger

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 78

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Downloading now, looking forward to scanning this little lot.

Thanks to everyone invloved in putting these together for us and converting etc.

R.

kara

G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A frienly bump to realy thank all the people who worked on this.
Not only it's a great archive but allso a hugh learning by example tool

THANK YOU Very Happy

k
W.T.

G2 patch files: 11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A BIG thanks !

(this way i can test if my g1 stays or goes, i have a g2 to Smile )
peterkadar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh man, this is gonna be awesome!!!

I wish I could find an archive of all the DX7 Patches converted for the G2 somewhere... I'll keep looking, but if someone knows where it is, can the PM me?

Again, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
Yawgmoth

G2 patch files: 7

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thx for the work. I really appreciate this.
Gsagula

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy Killer Twisted Evil
flonky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Archives of converted patches Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
G2 only archive (212 MB)

The link doesn't work anymore. Does anybody have a working link for the G2 Nord Lead Emulation?
Thanks,
Florian
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm .. that location refers to an old server we had IIRC ... i don't see these files on the current one ...

And I can not find them on a local PC either .. sorry.

Ow .. this is from before the big server crash? wasn't that in august 2007?

Anyway .. maybe someone kept copies?

Electromagnetic Wave

G2 patch files: 38

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

Blue Hell > I sent you a private message yesterday. Someone asked me for them. I think the best option is to upload it here again. Can I send you the file ?

Thanks.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I've read the PM, and I answered it too Laughing

You could send me the file ..or upload it yourself, I'm happy that someone found it!

Page 1 of 2 [34 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » g2ools utilities
Jump to: