electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » News... » Gear News
Clavia Announces New Nord Modular G2X+
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Clavia Announces New Nord Modular G2X+ Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New Nord Modular G2X+

Today at Musikmesse Clavia's Hans Nordelius shocked the music world by making the second major product announcement in one week, this time for the incredible Nord Modular G2X+.

The G2X+, or as Hans calls it, just The Plus, is a G2X on steroids. Like the G2X, the G2X+ has a five octave keyboard with atfertouch, but The Plus has twice the power, a total of 16 DSPs. The new Clavia monster synth has 16 rotary controllers. Not only that, The Plus has 4 mod wheels and 2 pitch sticks.

The G2X+ has 4 mods and 2 sticks
The new G2X+ has 8 slots that can be used in two modes. In mode "A", all 8 slots are independent, much as they are in the G2 and G2X. In Mode B, the 4 slots on the right side of the machine are linked in parallel with those on the left. This essentially provides only 4 slots, but the polyphony is very high. There are 4 additional interslot communications busses, and 8 additional morph groups.

Nordelious, who rarely meets the press was beaming at the announcement. "The Plus is a world changer. We based much of the design of the new machine on feedback we have received from customers, a new concept at our company." With the new G2X+, there will be a significant new software upgrade which will be free to existing G2 and G2X customers. When asked if the new software will include a forward and reverse control input on the sequencer and counter modules, Nordelious looked stunned, hit himself in the forehead with his palm, and said "Doh".

The G2X+ will be available in August. No price was given, but one of the staff at Clavia's booth was heard to say, "If you have to ask the price, then you can't afford it." After the announcement the floor at Musikmesse was rife with rumors of a new G2 that will have dual keyboards. No one at Clavia would confirm or deny this.

Last edited by mosc on Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Clavia Announces New Nord Modular G2X+ Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
"If you have to ask the price, then you can't afford it."

if that's true it does not sound like good marketing to me Surprised

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
zynthetix

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 13

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy Wink
Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seems Clavia is going totally nuts...

help
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, if you couldn't tell. April Fools!!! geek jocolor joker

I made the whole thing up. Wink Idea
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heheh..good one..had me fooled
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Hey, if you couldn't tell. April Fools!!! geek jocolor joker

I made the whole thing up. Wink Idea

I was wondering: I had visited Clavia web site without seeing anything about "the plus" so I came back to this thread to see where you had grabbed that picture but then I read your post.
you devil Twisted Evil
how many fingers you need for all those wheels Question

Quote:
Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ROFL ...mosc, you bastard! you really got me here!

Wink

Although I have to admit that I wasn't bowled over by the thing. I mean: TWO pitch sticks right next to each other? Who needs that? Somehow that's not "swedish thinking" anymore. So actually I thought: "Oh well, that G2X+ is just something for show-offs. A pity Clavia has started to buy into this kind of marketing. Or Hans must be doing coke or something else that induces delusions of grandeur. Smile"

And NO, mosc, I WASN'T planning on getting two of THOSE dudes! Wink

Anyone remember the Yamaha VP1, the polyphonic version of the VL1? Similar issue, but in even more grotesque proportions. But a few were actually built. I think it had 16 VL1 voice cards in it (!). I never saw a retail price, but spotted an used-ad a while ago. He wanted something like 200'000 euros (read: TWOhundredTHOUSAND!) for it, since it was such a rarity.

"If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it."

The G2X, however, DOES make sense, and I saw it coming. I wonder if there's ever going to be a NordLead4, or if the G2X isn't a fusion of both product lines.

mosc -you will pay for this one day! Twisted Evil
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great! What fun...

I was originally planning on making a 7 octave unit with 24 contorllers, but my skills with the graphics editor are minimal, so I quit where you see it now. The original model was going to be like a Bosendorfer Grand piano, with 91 keys - you need those extra low notes, you know. I guess a few extra keys on top wouldn't hurt. Razz

Too bad April 1st comes only once a year.
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Great! What fun...
Too bad April 1st comes only once a year.

how much in advance did you plan this trick Question Very Happy

Quote:
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No planning really. I got the idea at about 9:30 AM on April 1st. It took a long time to figure out how to do the aspect ratio adjustments on the picture of my G2 because I had to use a wide angle lens.
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Boy, did I get sucked into that! Very well executed.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hihi... well.. you tricked me too!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
micro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ha, ha nice try but no banana Smile
Musikmesse (06.-09.04.2005)

but one little detail was pain in the eyes at least for me, G2X+ font it's to much in contrast with other elements on panel. Like someone use marker on it.
Quote:
When asked if the new software will include a forward and reverse control input on the sequencer and counter modules

Mosc expect this for long time Very Happy maybe he wil get it Razz
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » Gear News
Jump to: