electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Interested in Tau Pipe Phaser / Flanger boards ?
Page 26 of 26 [640 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 24, 25, 26
L-1

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about to replace LM394/SSM2210 transistors pairs to BC847BS ?
http://ru.farnell.com/nxp/bc847bs/transistor-dual-npn-sc-88/dp/1081234
It's NPN transistors pair in SMD package. I found characteristics very similar. I think it is possible to mount them in regular 8-pin IC socket.[/url]
L-1

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BC847BS is in 100 times cheaper!
bibi

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: CA3086 replacement Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New member, sorry if this has been discussed before but I can't find anything about this topic here

I'm very interested in making one of these however CA3086 and the like are long gone. What are people using as a replacement or is there still a source here in Europe beyond the obscene prices on Ebay?

Thanks!
The Bad Producer

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Musik Ding sell the 3086:

http://www.musikding.de/

They're in Germany, but I'd probably order from Smallbear:

http://www.smallbearelec.com/home.html

or Bridechamber:

http://www.bridechamber.com/Hard_2_Find_ICs.html

Who are both in the States, but cheaper...

sonicwarrior

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has anyone tried to use That 300 as a replacement for the SSM2210 yet?

Unfortunately they are not a direct replacement but with an adapter socket (Conrad 187607) this should be possible.

I'm asking because it seems that no one wants buy my second Tau Phaser PCB with a Bridechamber front and I might assemble it myself then as I have enough That 300s from a stupid order (back then I thought I would be able to design something with them).
I'm not sure if I have a use for two Tau Phasers though. Confused
defex

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got 100 3046 from ebay for $30. they are from a US supplier, and of the ones I used for 2 phasers (22 of them) they all worked
sonicwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have finally wired up my first Tau Phaser but it looks like I have an error somewhere:
- The mod LFO creates slightly audible click sounds. Or is this normal?
- The CV out doesn't seem right as it puts out a constant + 9,4V
Serenadi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No audible clicks here.

I measured at the CV output (also pin7 of U5B) a voltage between 8,7V (ccw of pitch pot) and 0V (cw). Please note this is reversed! (Any use of such signal outside of the phaser ? Wink
Please verify the components around U5B.

This output voltage is the ccw voltage of the OSC_Level pot. Maybe your +9,4V shifts the LFO output to a clipped LFO signal which causes the clicks at the phased signal.

Cheers,
Bernd
sonicwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Serenadi wrote:
I measured at the CV output (also pin7 of U5B) a voltage between 8,7V (ccw of pitch pot) and 0V (cw).

OK, that's about the same to what I'm getting. I Don't know how I got the 9,4 V, I guess it was some addition from an external CV source.

So it seems this is normal. I think the CV out jack doesn't get much use in my system anyway. I would omit it if I had not be using the Bridechamber front panel already. As it is labeled CV thru instead of out I may re-connect it from the CV out PCB connections to the 1 V/Oct in jack to use it as a passive multiple. Idea
eidco

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Tau Pipe for sale Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought the readers of this thread would be interested to know that I'm selling a working Tau Pipe on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321178724039

(I apologize if posting this is not allowed and will understand if it's removed.)

Thanks,
John Eidsvoog
nuipb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi to all, I am currently building my own JH Tau phaser and I was wondering if any of you had had any issues with the internal cabling ? In terms of quality, terms of position, are the cables an important issue to handle to get a good sound ?
In other words, did anyone get parasite sounds or else because of a bad position of a cable or a low quality cable ?
I am asking as I noticed that some devices were sensitive to this aspect of the build and some others weren't.
Thanks for sharing your experience with me.
nuipb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sonicwarrior wrote:
I have finally wired up my first Tau Phaser but it looks like I have an error somewhere:
- The mod LFO creates slightly audible click sounds. Or is this normal?
- The CV out doesn't seem right as it puts out a constant + 9,4V

@sonicwarrior
I had this same issue. Did you find a solution to it ?
sonicwarrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unfortunately not yet but I didn't invest much time in debugging. Wanted to finish my second Tau at first to compare both. I'm currently working to finish my Neural Agonizer and have planned to finish it afterwards. This one will feature THAT 300 chips with adapter sockets. Hopefully that'll work.
nuipb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, thanks for the answer. Please keep us updated with the result of your comparison !
sonicwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@nuipb:
I'm currently working on my second Tau Phaser.
Do you really have both problems I mentioned? I tested with my first Tau Phaser again and when I have a jumper at the 'smooth' header the audible clicks are gone.

And I'm not using the CV out. I have a Bridechamber front panel with the label 'CV thru' and for that I just use a passive multiple from the V/Oct input.
I still get only a constant voltage from the CV out header. The internal LFO works but the CV out comes from the 'Manual Sweep Function Generator' not the LFO. So maybe that is normal as I'm not sure what that is supposed to do.
Page 26 of 26 [640 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 24, 25, 26
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: