electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
frequency shifter
Page 1 of 23 [574 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 21, 22, 23 Next
jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: frequency shifter Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speaking of future projects for making pcbs:

Is there any demand for a frequency shifter?

http://jhaible.heim.at/tonline_stuff/hj_fs.html

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
andrewF

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes please!
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that's not fair!

i recently made the decision to close all open project before starting anything new. as soon as i made this decision you come up with all these nice proejcts, jürgen! that is hard.

vtl5c3

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: frequency shifter Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Juergen,

Absolutely yes!

Romeo

jhaible wrote:
Speaking of future projects for making pcbs:

Is there any demand for a frequency shifter?

http://jhaible.heim.at/tonline_stuff/hj_fs.html

JH.
jhaible

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And I asume it would be good to have trimmers in the bode filter, too?
If someone wants to use my measure-capacitor, calculate+combine-resistors method, he could still solder a resistor in place of the trimpot ...

Please, if you're interested in this projectm read this, and decide if you could measure and select components as described:

http://jhaible.heim.at/tonline_stuff/hjfselec.html

Or, if you'd rather like to use trimpots.
(Is a good trimming procedure for dome filters available somewhere on the web? If memeory serves, there's one in the Moog Modular service manual ...)

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
vtl5c3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Either method is fine by me. Both ways you have to measure caps. Using trimpots is a bit more expensive, but less time consuming than measuring a bunch of resistors.

jhaible wrote:
And I asume it would be good to have trimmers in the bode filter, too?
If someone wants to use my measure-capacitor, calculate+combine-resistors method, he could still solder a resistor in place of the trimpot ...

Please, if you're interested in this projectm read this, and decide if you could measure and select components as described:

http://jhaible.heim.at/tonline_stuff/hjfselec.html

Or, if you'd rather like to use trimpots.
(Is a good trimming procedure for dome filters available somewhere on the web? If memeory serves, there's one in the Moog Modular service manual ...)

JH.
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 96

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, please!
bugbrand

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Absolutely!
Mikmo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ohhh yes
bubblechamber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, probably 2. thanks
jhaible

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vtl5c3 wrote:
Either method is fine by me. Both ways you have to measure caps. Using trimpots is a bit more expensive, but less time consuming than measuring a bunch of resistors.

Ahhh - then trimpots wouldn't make that much sense.
But I think I read about adjusting each trimpot to get the 90 deg phase difference at one specific freqeuency (per stage, or trimpot). Not sure if it was in the Moog or Buchla documentation. Must dig this up some time.
Curious about the recomended method to determine the 90 deg, too.
(Wonder if the xy method with a scope is good enough.)

JH.

mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woow yeah i'm in for sure!
mark_olson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, since I have no self-control when it comes to this kind of thing - count me in!
Funky40

G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh, supercool ( i wanted to ask you for that )

( btw. the numbers i take, also for the Tau Phaser, i can say when its up to order.
There are also frineds i have to take maybe for them.
Tau phaser could be around 4PCBs,
Frequenzy Shifter maybe 2.
A BBD module would be also very highly appreciated by me )
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm. Yes, although the stack of unpopulated cards is increasing here.

Home,My Studio,and another view
Dave Kendall

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm up for one too......

(No self-discipline at all really, when it comes to stuff like this......) Smile

Dave
jhaible

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Funky40 wrote:
oh, supercool ( i wanted to ask you for that )

( btw. the numbers i take, also for the Tau Phaser, i can say when its up to order.
There are also frineds i have to take maybe for them.
Tau phaser could be around 4PCBs,
Frequenzy Shifter maybe 2.
A BBD module would be also very highly appreciated by me )

You guys are frightening me! Very Happy

Seriously: I'm glad there is such a lot of demand.

I hope I can live up to all your expectations. Sure, I have the circuit design and also some pcb layout experience, but this is the first time for me to offer pcbs to a large number of people.
For instance, I don't know if I can really take a plunge and order 50 or 100 pcbs (possibly from a different manufacturer than the prototype house!) once the prototype is ok. Would certainly be most efficient if all goes well ...
OTOH, having 5 made and sent to beta testers feels saver ...
How do others handle this?
And the shipping? Padded envelope, packing sleeve with description and value of goods for the customs enclosed, and that's it?

JH.

StephenGiles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

.....and your finger prints for the USA Laughing . What you said should be fine for EC member states.
bubblechamber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The PCB fab that we use for the Livewire boards would charge $200-300US for 50 double sided boards if there were in the 50mm x 100mm range with a 7 day turnaround.
numbernone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will take 1 or 2 of pretty much anything that you manufacture in the future. I have admired your work for ages, and have to join the line in welcoming you. It is becoming frightening around here, with how much amazing stuff is going on. Even if I dont open the package for a couple years (at this rate), I will be a sorry sap if I miss out now.
andrewF

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:

And the shipping? Padded envelope, packing sleeve with description and value of goods for the customs enclosed, and that's it?

JH.

Thats how PCBs arrived from Fonik and State Machine - I think there were no problems.
kryptic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes indeed. You can count me in too.
jhaible

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

StephenGiles wrote:
.....and your finger prints for the USA Laughing . What you said should be fine for EC member states.

Laughing
Sending my CDs to the USA has never been a problem (but it's been a while - I have now located my CD distribution in the USA, as most buyers live there anyway.

But maybe anything electronic will be treated differently?
OTOH, a bare PCB is smaller than a CD and maybe the package won't even be opened ...
Is it recommended to put one of these green stickers on the outside of the envelope, or just send it as a plain letter (with packing sleeve inside, of course, in case the customs open it) ?

JH.

bugbrand

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've not had too many problems sending things to the US from UK -- contact mics, for example, could look pretty darn suspicious to the customs officials, but they usually get through quick & easy (though sometimes there's short delays).

They'll probably weigh in under 100g which in the UK would mean cheap Airmail letter rate. You can generally whack a green customs sticker on saying something like Electronic PCB value $5 (keep it low!) and it'll sail on through just fine.

23isgood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yes. I want one of these.
Page 1 of 23 [574 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 21, 22, 23 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: