electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Discussion » Diversity in electro-music
Anything but sexist/feminist topics
Page 4 of 5 [124 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
dewdrop_world

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Papuna wrote:
dude, I agry that MAYBE straight pearents have gay children BUT,

Not "maybe." They DO. Ask my mom and dad.

Or "MAYBE" I don't exist?

Papuna wrote:
when kid see 2 fothers, he will think that it must be so, bifore he grows up and his psycho is not complected yet...

Scientific studies say otherwise. There is now enough evidence out there about the psychological development of children in gay/lesbian households, and it shows that there is NO DIFFERENCE in emotional health or maturity between kids in gay homes and kids in straight homes.

I'm sorry to inform you but, your assertion here is simply not supported by the facts.

James

Papuna

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

okey if you are right I will say now other thing:

if my pearents were gay, I woud just go crazy with sadness Sad Sad Sad

thats why I say that I am sorry for them.
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Papuna wrote:

when kid see 2 fothers, he will think that it must be so, bifore he grows up and his psycho is not complected yet...

That's quite simply not true, it's clear that if a kid sees he has a mother and a father he may still grow up to live with a same-sex partner.

By your logic children from single-parent homes would never have relationships at all.

To name another example; my father was a architect, this didn't make me into a architect either.

To put it in yet another way; would you really say that you are straight just because your parents were?

Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Papuna wrote:

if my pearents were gay, I woud just go crazy with sadness Sad Sad Sad

thats why I say that I am sorry for them.

Well, if that's how you feel then that's how you feel, but you can't assume this holds true for all other children as well.

Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dewdrop_world wrote:

My parents got doubly lucky... I'm gay AND a musician!

Well, If I ever have a son he'd better become a bi-sexual astronomer who keeps spiders and names them after famous writers or I will be so disappointed I'll have to send him back for a refund!

(these are serious issues but on another level I also find it all quite funny)

Papuna

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dear kassen

99% from streights kidswoud be poor with gay pearenst, u can not say that i am wrong
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Papuna; you are wrong.

See? It's easy.

Papuna

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

common, we just can not say: YES or No..

when pearents are different from most people... it may be big stress!

and that kid may not have friends, cause who knows that he has gay pearents will lought at him.

I just say that kids might not be in such bad situation...
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everybody is different from most people.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Papuna wrote:

and that kid may not have friends, cause who knows that he has gay pearents will lought at him.

Well, is this how it is where you live? Shocked I´m sorry to hear that.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Papuna

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kassen

we both understand that it is not answer...

electro80

1st: u shoud not be sorry, I do not care Smile

2: as if in usa or more great countis is not like that Wink
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Papuna, it seems to me that you are basically describing how things are in your home town. This is troubling and serious. That´s not how it should be.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Papuna, I hope you find somebody to be happy with and that that will allow you to relax about this stuff.
Papuna

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

of qourse I will have girl friend but it does not means that will change my mind
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe a boyfriend would change it? Rolling Eyes

We all seek fulfillment in life. Just because you might go to sleep tonight and make love with your hand doesn't really imply anything about your parents, or your children to come. Or whether or not they will do the same. Or if their friends will make fun of them because of your hand.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Laughing

Go on Justin!!

(Now I'm gonna have to clean the coffee off my monitor!! Shocked Laughing )

You've gotta give it to 'the hand' now!! Laughing

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
dewdrop_world

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Papuna wrote:

I see... you're describing social pressures that exist outside of the child's relationship with same-sex parents. And that doesn't say gay people would make bad parents, just that a whole lot of people in the world don't understand (which is undeniably true).

So, then, do you think this external social pressure is correct? That is, which do you think is the problem: gay parents, or the people who hate gay parents?

James

Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Papuna wrote:
dude, I agry that MAYBE straight pearents have gay children BUT, when kid see 2 fothers, he will think that it must be so, bifore he grows up and his psycho is not complected yet...
dude, I agree that MAYBE straight parents have gay children BUT, when kid see 2 fathers, he will think that it must be so, before he grows up and his psycho is not complected yet...

Dear Dude,

When you aren't the best in using the English language, please use the knob 'SpellCheck' for sure. Only the red words aren't corrected, but most will...
[see=sees][psycho=psyche][complected=completed]

Wout
No native speaker too, but who thinks 'SpellCheck' is very handy!
kkissinger

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spill cheque is grate. Eye use it awl the thyme. Without it eye wood not bee able two right to good. Wood if every won wood clique on the SpellCheck Bach's sew awl the posts will bee better.
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy

SpellCheck only wanted to correct 'SpellCheck' Very Happy

A great text!

Wout
Oskar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jksuperstar wrote:
Maybe a boyfriend would change it? Rolling Eyes

We all seek fulfillment in life. Just because you might go to sleep tonight and make love with your hand doesn't really imply anything about your parents, or your children to come. Or whether or not they will do the same. Or if their friends will make fun of them because of your hand.

A truly classic, witty retort! Way to go!

laura woodswalker

Audio files: 18

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Papuna wrote:

I jumped into this thread which is WAAY off topic. Laughing

What Papuna is saying is that anyone who is different suffers because of the way Stupid, narrow-minded people treat him/her. This is a sad fact.

However, his solution is just "nobody should ever step out of line or be different."

It's a sad truth. Lots of people conform just because they're afraid of social condemnation.

However, what we ought to do, instead of spreading and supporting this fear ("Oh No!!! Don't be different...be like everyone else, or people will laugh at you!!") we should be trying to open people's minds and encourage them to accept / tolerate folks who are different.

It has worked to some degree. People are way more tolerant of gay people than they used to be.

How about you, Papuna, can I encourage you to not be the kind of person who would laugh at Gay people or their children?

Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Two things which are IMHO important in this (Off Topic) thread...

First Papuna is in his early twenties, which is regarding the average age of the members of this forum, over 40, rather young, so his opinions are more black and white colored then the most of us, and,
secondly, he lives in a country around the Black Sea, which has a different culture then the West-European countries. Specially about moral issues. This implies a very high social pressure. So don't fall to hard on somebody... (about surpressing homosexual feelings)

Some weeks ago I met an Englishman who loved gay men and hated lesbians. The first group made more women available to the straight men and the last took potentional partners away... Somewhere in England in 2007...

Wout
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, just wanted to clarify, I wasn't trying to slam anyone. Masturbation is a well practiced form of sex in the world. It can be considered a sexual orientation, if you think about it, just like heterosexual or homosexual sex is. Maybe it's not accepted in public, but it is understood on a personal level by most people. I was simply trying to draw a parallel between something "foreign" to some people, with something they may understand a little bit better but never think about.

Laura - Thank you for your post. I have to admit, most women I run into that are tauting diversity are pissed about something on a personal level or from a historical perspective, and rarely give a chance for someone else to really begin outside the pattern they've experienced (this may not be intended, but it is very often the action). It just begins by putting someone on the defensive, by pointing out a flaw first. So I thank you for your compassion in trying to reach out and pull someone in. It's beautiful to see someone starting with seeing the bridge that connects us, rather than the walls that divide us.
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jksuperstar wrote:
Masturbation is a well practiced form of sex in the world. It can be considered a sexual orientation, if you think about it, just like heterosexual or homosexual sex is.

This is a good remark, I think.

The whole idea of "sexual orientation" is a very recent one. For example, for a very long time there was the idea of a "soddomite", or somebody who has anal sex. The idea of a "homosexual" replaced that, just a short time ago, to indicate the nature of a person as opposed to how he acts (and by extention indicate a "unusual" nsture which is always social usefull *cough*). The whole idea of "hetrosexuality" had to be invented a few years later in contrast to "homosexuality".

Frankly I think the whole concept of "sex" is so vague as to border on the meaningless (certainly at least as vague as "God"). For example, when Jack cleans his penis in the shower he might make a movement that in a different context would be considered a sexual one, but there it's not. Bill might wear leather gloves because he's cold while to Jack the exact same gloves could be a major turn on and be extremely sexual, etc, etc, etc.

Page 4 of 5 [124 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Diversity in electro-music
Jump to: