electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
String Filter (40 band resonator)
Page 2 of 7 [151 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
germaniac

Audio files: 7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey JH,

I was absolutely floored by that string filter the first time I listened to it on your website, maybe over a year ago.

Interested? Shocked YES!

Joe
norman phay

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Put me down for a board please too, Jurgen.

Everything you've announced so far, my first thought has been "man, the lambda will sound amazing through this" and this is no exception.
softfin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just showing my interested in this project. Seems like quite a big and perhaps a bit challenging project, but i'm sure it will be worth every effort!!
Please count me in for a couple of PCBs!
Peake

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm interested in one. Considering the acoustic character just prior to the filters actually ringing, I'll bet that this would be excellent to put prior to reverbs and echo machines, for an increased acoustic illusion. Acoustic spaces have bumps and dips.
shuchoco

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if it's not too late i'll take 1
jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shuchoco wrote:
if it's not too late

Not at all. Expect a string filter pcb in 2008.

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
goodrevdoc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
Not at all. Expect a string filter pcb in 2008.

JH.

In that case, put me down for one. I should be free about then and the samples sound really good...
-justin
keithwin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OOPS!

Almost let this one slip by,

count me in for two sets please

Cheers

Keith
johans121

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd take 2.

-Jim
Funky40

G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1 or 2 for me please,
Can't decide that now
loopcycle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, that resonator sounds really remarkable. please put me down for one pcb.
kenl666

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: I'll take two PCBs Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sounds great!
XeNoN23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, really nice sound!!!

I´d take 1 pcb too....if possible...

thx and greetz
austrohungaro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me too! I want to build one!

-

Genis
germaniac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey JH,

I wish there was a way that we here in the US could pay you for the PCBs now, since by the time next year rolls around, the Euro looks likely to be worth more than double the dollar. . . . Crying or Very sad Wink I'd hate to be priced out of such a great project.

Joe
julianw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: String Filter (40 band resonator) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
I'll make that available as a PCB some time in the future, too, if there is enough interest.

Yes! Lots of interest here, If this project becomes a PCB. I would definitely build two, what an intriguing sound!

I would love to try it out on source such as a SID chip or Roland D50.
jhaible

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

germaniac wrote:
Hey JH,

I wish there was a way that we here in the US could pay you for the PCBs now, since by the time next year rolls around, the Euro looks likely to be worth more than double the dollar. . . . Crying or Very sad Wink I'd hate to be priced out of such a great project.

Joe

I normally don't take advance payments, because then I cannot sleep well and am under permanent pressure to deliver something.

But you can open an Euro balance on paypal, and pay me from this. Smile
(In fact, I have canceled my Dollar balance on paypal, because I've lost too much money from just keeping it there, in Dollars. Now all Dollar payments are converted to Euros at the time of payment, not when I transfer them to my bank account a year later.)
Hmm, there's probably better ways to keep money in Euros, too.

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
germaniac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
germaniac wrote:
Hey JH,

Joe

I normally don't take advance payments, because then I cannot sleep well and am under permanent pressure to deliver something.

But you can open an Euro balance on paypal, and pay me from this. Smile
(In fact, I have canceled my Dollar balance on paypal, because I've lost too much money from just keeping it there, in Dollars. Now all Dollar payments are converted to Euros at the time of payment, not when I transfer them to my bank account a year later.)
Hmm, there's probably better ways to keep money in Euros, too.

JH.

Thanks for your thoughtfulness JH, it's okay.

My prediction about the Euro was slightly off, but it is up from last November to a buck and a half now. But that's okay too, since your projects are worth every penny. I suppose a Paypal account in Euros would have been a score some months ago--one could have exchanged back to dollars now and made a decent profit, er, sort of.

Anyway, I hope the string filter is still on your to-do list. I'm still interested. . . .

Regards,
Joe
jhaible

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

germaniac wrote:

Anyway, I hope the string filter is still on your to-do list.

Yes, absolutely!

I'll probably make that two identical boards with 20 filters, so you can either go for a full 40 band resonator with 2 boards, or build something with 20 bands from just one board. (With altered component values, of course, to cover the whole audio band with broader filters.)

For the string filter effect, you'll need 2 boards, plus that parametric EQ section for the body and bridge and air resonances.
In my old prototype, I have a set of parametric EQs with trimpots for this.
My idea for the "commercial" version is that you'd probably like something truly parametric better, so the proposed Moog EQ clone would probably be the ideal companion board. (That's for the violin / cello / etc. emulation. For the Filterbank processing as in the OB-8 arpeggiator sample on my homepage, you only need the two filterbank boards.)

JH.

zthee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd be interested in 2 PCB. For the full 40 band glory! Cool
jhaible

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A few pictures of my old one ...

JH.

DSCN4350.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.44 KB
 Viewed:  39428 Time(s)

DSCN4350.JPG

jhaible

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hit submit too soon ...

More:

JH.

DSCN4351.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  418.31 KB
 Viewed:  719 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

DSCN4351.JPG

DSCN4352.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  431.76 KB
 Viewed:  656 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

DSCN4352.JPG

jhaible

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

... and from the Inside ...

JH.

jhaible

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oops - pictures don't load ... Sad

JH.

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
Oops - pictures don't load ... :(

You ran out of disc quota. I upped your limits a bit so please try again.

Page 2 of 7 [151 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: