electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Venues, Associations, Organizations and Communities » Pandemonium Symposium
pandemonium news
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:30 am    Post subject: pandemonium news Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's the latest news for the Pandemonium Symposium.
The Pandemonium Symposium is a collective of electronic artists in the NJ area. More information here:
http://waltzer.crosswinds.net/pandemonium/symposium.htm

WELCOME
Welcome to new members Bill Fieger and Heather Lind, of Stares to Nowhere.

PERFORMANCES
First Fridays at Brewed Awakening - 417 Main St. Metuchen, NJ (8pm - free)
July 4: Fringe Element (organic chemistry on the edge of reality)
August 1: Atonalis (improvisational electronica)
September 5: Brainstatik (spontaneous galactic orchestrations)
October 3: Don Slepian (artmusic electronica)
This space is available for pandemonium artists - let me know if you want to perform there.

Ken Palmer (Brainstatik) is organizing the Cosmic Coffeehouse, in Crosswicks NJ on Sept 13.
Brainstatik, Stares to Nowhere, and Ombient will perform. There is room for one or two more acts, so contact Ken if you wish to participate. More information here:
http://www.brainstatik.com/coffeehouse.html

Xeroid Entity will appear st The Ambient Ping in Toronto on July 15.

Mutation Vector and Xeroid Entity will participate in the Different Skies festival, September 8-14 at Arcosanti in Arizona.

Howard Moscovitz will perform at Modular 2003, September 10-12 in London.

RECORDINGS
Mutation Vector's Placebo Merchant and Xeroid Entity's Moons of Saturn are available at
http://electro-music.com/catalog/
Fringe Element's Rampant Biology will be listed there soon.
I would like to produce a compilation CD for pandemonium artists - to help line up performance opportunities. Let me know if you have a track to include.

SPACE JAM
Tentatively, there will be a space jam in Bridgewater NJ on Saturday, August 2 (while Atonalis is visiting from Baltimore). Space is limited, so contact me if you would like to participate.

OTHER EVENTS and OPPORTUNITIES
Matt Picone is hosting a music party / jam in Ringoes NJ, on or about August 23.
Information here:
http://www.mysticworks.com/jam/index.htm

I was in Poughkeepsie recently, and spoke with some art gallery owners there. They have an event called Arthop (third Saturday of every month), which is an open house of the galleries in town. They are interested in combining this with music performances in the galleries or other local spaces. I will post here when I find out more.

SPACE MUSIC RETREAT
Planning is under way for a space music retreat in the Catskills next spring.
The idea of this event is to bring electronic musicians together in a natural setting to encourage the flow of creative energy.
I found a place that seems to be perfect, and visited there in June. Here's a link:
http://www.sky-lake.org/

It's a beautiful and peaceful place, and the accommodations are just right for a group of 15-20. We can take over the whole lodge, which has a nice large common space for making music.

The cost is expected to be about $300 per person, which includes lodging for 4 nights (Monday - Thursday) and 3 meals a day. I'm shooting for early May in 2004. I will follow up with additional details. Now's your chance to lock down a spot, before I announce it to the rest of the world. All you have to do is let me know.
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Venues, Associations, Organizations and Communities » Pandemonium Symposium
Jump to: