electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
My A6 Shipment delayed again
Page 6 of 8 [178 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
addiction

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rh2y wrote:

Were you using aftertouch or an expression pedal to get the crescendos in the clip you posted? It was VERY expressive; I was quite impressed!

Russ

Thank you rh2y, no I didn't use any volume or expression control, actually I used a combination of the aftertouch and manipulating (dimming) the filter envelope amount with my left hand directly from the Omega. By the way, the Omega transmits via midi all knob and button movements to the computer in cc messages, so you can always edit according to taste. I didn't use any editing here though .. just manipulating everything on the spot.
Mars Wants Flesh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Addition

Can you get the CODE with 2 voice and expand later to 8 voice?

That would sell me man.

Mars wants synths!
addiction

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mars Wants Flesh wrote:
Hi Addition

Can you get the CODE with 2 voice and expand later to 8 voice?

That would sell me man.

Mars wants synths!

Yes, Sure you can as both the 2 voice and 8 voice share the same chassis and the change is only internal .. get in touch with Gerg at 0013106403548 he will tell you more about it .
mao

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If my words can be useful to who is waiting for the A6... I can only tell you that after owning an A6 for 2 years I'm still loving it and learning new things every day. I spent several hours with a friend P08, good synth but by far with a narrow palette of sound. The A6 seems able to do near to everything, with the P08 there is always a "sizzle" in the sounds that makes strings, brass, leads... all sounding "the same". If you love this sizzle well the P08 will give you tons of fun... but imho the A6 is by far another kind of synth. Here in Italy there is not too much price difference between an A6 and a P08... really. A P08 limited edition cost 100 euros more than a brand new A6 !!!

I really hope you'll get your A6... in the meanwhile, download the manual and STUDY the tips and trick document... there are tons of things to try... that's the fun side of the A6.
Mars Wants Flesh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Addiction! I will contact them.

What are your thoughts on the Red Eye SE-1X?

Mars
Mars Wants Flesh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Mao

Welcome to the thread.

I just received my Prophet 08 SE. I like the sound of this synth. I'm sure the A6 is certainly a powerhouse too (that's why I tried to get one). The problem is not with the A6 but with Alesis who are off in never never land. The latest news is a shipping date of Jan 08. If I was still on board, we are coming up to a year! If and when Alesis get their act together and they have a supply in stores I would still certainly buy. I don't see this ever happening.

I will search out manufacturers that actually produce synths and would like my hard earned cash. Alesis business and PR paradigm is somewhat skewed.

As for price, the A6 is about $4200.00 compared to $2700.00 for the P'08 in Canada before our 14% tax. ouch!

I'm glad you love your A6.

Keep on rockin' buddy!

Mars
mao

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unbelivable...

In italy an A6 is 2300 euro - P08 is 2000 euro but the P08 limited edition is 2400 euro. So here imho an A6 is the first choice.

I hope you enjoy your P08 that is really a great synth.

But everybody must remember that NUMARK is the problem. Alesis done a great job developing their synth. Numark management is the worst management I have ever seen in my life. Like having a gold mine in your hand and not seeing it and trying to get potato instead of gold.
Mars Wants Flesh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are mashed potatoes Mao!

mars
addiction

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mars Wants Flesh wrote:
Thanks Addiction! I will contact them.

What are your thoughts on the Red Eye SE-1X?

Mars

The idea behind the design of the SE-1 was to get - as close as possible- the sound of the Minimoog to musicians who didn't have one, and as far as I know it comes only with the 24db Moog filter and also with the 12db Oberheim type. It is not geared to accept filter banks of other types as the ATC-1 or the Omega so you loose the wonderful CS80 filter which is a must for any SE user or that of the Arp 2600 and the TB 303 filters. I see that you already have a Voyager rack so I think you will be duplicating something along the way. I wanted to incorporate the real moog sound in my music so I got the Midimini which has original Minimoog boards inside it. Looking at your rig, I would add an Omega and if the budget doesn't stretch I'd rather get the ATC-1X with the filter banks for sheer sonic diversity, the interface is a one dial affair with membrane switches which can be rather limiting but the sound is great.
Mars Wants Flesh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the insight Addiction. I will look at both of those units.

Mars
Mars Wants Flesh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Back to the topic.

In case any of you haven't noticed, there is a guy on a Harmony Central thread who is claiming that he just got a new A6.

The thread is called "The Andromeda Skinny".

The junior member "Ob Com" claims to have ordered an A6 on Oct. 25th
and recieved a call that it arrived 4 days later from a chain called "Digital Village"

Anyone have any thoughts?

Mars, The Ever Vigilant
soundwave106

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zzounds has the expected date for the Andromeda as November 8th. Hmm.

I wonder if a smaller store like Analogue Haven would be better suited to give the scoop on what's up?
rh2y

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mars Wants Flesh wrote:
Back to the topic.

In case any of you haven't noticed, there is a guy on a Harmony Central thread who is claiming that he just got a new A6.

Mars,

Can you post a link to the article? I couldn't find it.

Also, I talked to Zzounds yesterday. They said they didn't have any new information
on a delivery date, but that they couldn't guarantee the Nov 8 date, either.

Thanks!

Russ

Shameless-er plug: http://www.evatontechnologies.com/

Music: https://atomstomolecules.bandcamp.com/releases
rh2y

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rh2y wrote:
Mars Wants Flesh wrote:
Back to the topic.

Mars,

Can you post a link to the article? I couldn't find it.

Never mind, I found it!

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1776342

Groove66

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FWIW my friend just picked up the last unit in the uk.
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

where there is one, there is two
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

by the way, last "gossip" on code 404:

"Ive heard conflicting reports from people that the Andy is actually
unofficially discontinued and the ones that are being sold as new now
are factory refurbs"

might well be thru, afterall it's not normal to let people wait for so long.
well, there will be life also after it.( also on this forum i guess)
fr.gr. sunny
pophertz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After reading these posts about uncertain Andromeda future I might consider myself a lucky bastard
I ordered my A6 in first days of August and received it 25 days later.
It doesn't look like factory refurb at all. If they did that, they did great job 'cause my A6 look, feel and act like new.
Guys, I didn't mean to put a salt on your wounds with this post, just wanted to tell you that there's still hope for a new batch of A6's.
wildbill

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sunny pedaal wrote:
by the way, last "gossip" on code 404:

"Ive heard conflicting reports from people that the Andy is actually
unofficially discontinued and the ones that are being sold as new now
are factory refurbs"

might well be thru, afterall it's not normal to let people wait for so long.
well, there will be life also after it.( also on this forum i guess)
fr.gr. sunny

Don't know about the netherlands, but here in the USA, it's illegal to sell a 'factory refurb' as a 'new' unit. (but I'm sure it happens sometimes).

You've got to state that it's factory refurbished, rebuilt, repaired, or somesuch term.
amnesia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes me too I ordered one in AUgust and got it about 20 days later here in Australia.

I tried the CODE out but it didnt do much for me, and i wanted so much to get one for over a year Sad

I may buy a Voyager next or a monomachine
rh2y

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, after confirming that my A6 won't ship this calendar year, I decided to get something to tide me over.

I was originally looking at a Ray Wilson SoundLab Mini Synth, but upon further investigation, I discovered that I already have about 90% of the parts to build his Weird Sound Generator, so I ordered the PCB today, to save me some time over hand wiring the schematic from scratch. http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/

The cool thing with the WSG is it's self-contained and totally portable; which, in the winter months, is a good thing --- I end up going to a lot of gigs with my wife, and I have to sit and wait while she's in rehearsal (Tonight being no exception to that rule...)

Having the WSG will give me some knobs to twiddle while I'm passing the time, plus it's a great platform for experimentation.

Who knows, I may pick up a SLMS later, too!

Russ

Mars Wants Flesh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I now see Jan 2008 for the release date. Alesis are dead.

I just ordered a MOOG Voyager Electric Blue to go with my rack Voyager.

Alesis will never get my money.

Mars is rippin' with his synths1
rh2y

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mars Wants Flesh wrote:
I now see Jan 2008 for the release date. Alesis are dead.

They certainly have changed my plans for the winter. But, I've got plenty of other gear to play with in the meantime. I *almost* picked up a used electribe MKII-A at the local Guitar Center this weekend. They only wanted $79 for it; would have been neat, but frankly it doesn't do anything my existing equipment doesn't already do. If it ran on batteries, I think I'd have jumped on it.

Quote:

I just ordered a MOOG Voyager Electric Blue to go with my rack Voyager.

Alesis will never get my money.

Mars is rippin' with his synths1

Wow, Mars has tons of synths!

Post some MP3's, pretty please? Smile

Mars Wants Flesh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My Moog Electric Blue just landed tonight!

I got it in less than six days. Wow
I thought the rack was built like a tank. This thing is one solid piece of gear. These are expensive but clearly well built. loads of quality.

The touch pad is also a scream to play with.

I just need to grow an extra pair of arms.

Alesis who?

Mars
rh2y

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mars Wants Flesh wrote:
My Moog Electric Blue just landed tonight!

I got it in less than six days. Wow
I thought the rack was built like a tank. This thing is one solid piece of gear. These are expensive but clearly well built. loads of quality.

The touch pad is also a scream to play with.

I just need to grow an extra pair of arms.

Alesis who?

Mars

MP3s! Non-Martians Want MP3s! Smile

Glad you got your new synth. Wow, you've been 'racking' them up lately!
I'm in the middle of constructing my MFOS WSG. I also made a battery pack so I can operate my Electribe while on-the-go.

Russ

Page 6 of 8 [178 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: