electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
My A6 Shipment delayed again
Page 3 of 8 [178 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mars Wants Flesh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never said the A6 doesn't sound great . If it wasn't the cat's ass, I wouldn't have attempted to order one.

My beef is with Alesis' inability to ship the damn thing.

They just look really bad in my book.

That's why I decided to move on and purchase a P'08.

Not because one is better than the other.

I just know I'll have a Prophet in my studio that I can actually touch as opposed to the A6 which has been vapourware to me for over six months.
Peake

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hope you enjoy the Prophet!
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

six months is indeed a long time to wait, however i sometimes waited at least so long for just somebody repairing an analog syth of mine. did it because i knew he was the best repairer in the netherlands , so..
about the a6: i really wonder if the shipping in europe is faster ( i get that impression). and if so , if the currencycourses might be involved, meaning the dollardvalue is a bit very low on the moment so don't know if that influences the price or profit??
anyway that's how it is , and after all prophet, andromeda or evolver; guess it's how you spend your time with one of them which makes the music.
if anybody finds out why the delay occurs just give a clue , must say i'm a bit curious too by now
and to captainbeefburgerspaceship , i really mean it, good luck , with or without the p8,a6, q17 or whatsoever, just keep us tuned in please.
fr.gr. sunny
pophertz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sunny pedaal wrote:
six months is indeed a long time to wait, however i sometimes waited at least so long for just somebody repairing an analog syth of mine. did it because i knew he was the best repairer in the netherlands , so..
about the a6: i really wonder if the shipping in europe is faster ( i get that impression). and if so , if the currencycourses might be involved, meaning the dollardvalue is a bit very low on the moment so don't know if that influences the price or profit??
anyway that's how it is , and after all prophet, andromeda or evolver; guess it's how you spend your time with one of them which makes the music.
if anybody finds out why the delay occurs just give a clue , must say i'm a bit curious too by now
and to captainbeefburgerspaceship , i really mean it, good luck , with or without the p8,a6, q17 or whatsoever, just keep us tuned in please.
fr.gr. sunny

I didn't have a chance to ask someone at the store about Alesis distributing policy, but I got the feeling that this time was pure luck. They've just been finishing monthly order for Alesis and my order jumped in at last moment. For example, I waited for Virus TI for 2 1/2 months and unlike Alesis' factory in Far East, Access' factory is in Germany.
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For what it's worth, I just read a review in this month's Future Music on the A6. The writer just received a 2007 model and loved it. He ended up buying the unit.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
pophertz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mohoyoho wrote:
For what it's worth, I just read a review in this month's Future Music on the A6. The writer just received a 2007 model and loved it. He ended up buying the unit.

Yeah, my friend told me yesterday the same thing. I haven't got a chance to read that article and I'm pretty sure that me and other guys here will be grateful if you can scan that review and post it here. Thanks in advance Smile

Just for a moment"
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please don´t post that review. Very Happy That mag is a bit touchy about having recent content posted online. That said, wouldn´t Alesis possibly buy and post that one themelves?

However, here is Gordon Reid´s review

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
pophertz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Please don´t post that review. Very Happy That mag is a bit touchy about having recent content posted online. That said, wouldn´t Alesis possibly buy and post that one themelves?

Yeah, I know of this review for a long time, I'm a SOS subscriber. But this is 6-year old review of the first A6 model, the one manufactured in USA. We're talking about 2007 A6 models here Smile

Just for a moment"
pophertz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
That said, wouldn´t Alesis possibly buy and post that one themelves?

You're absolutely right about that, but speaking of Alesis/Numark, they aren't able of releasing OS update for damn thing for 4-5 years Smile

Just for a moment"
pophertz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:

Do you see that SOS article here?

http://www.alesis.com/forums.html?reviews

And we're talking about A6 review from April 2001 Smile

If Numark/Alesis post that Future Music review there it would be miracle

Just for a moment"
analogstndrpusy

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I spoke with a tech over at Alesis today and he told me that the reason that they're so backed up on their orders is because their ICU chip manufacturer went out of business. They recently found another company to make it so theyre now saying that next batch will come out some time late October. Rolling Eyes Its time to start seeking out a Jupter 8 or a Prophet08 Very Happy Maybe both! Twisted Evil
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i've got a jupiter8 with groove midi-interface, just love it
Mars Wants Flesh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ICU chips? More like Intensive Care Unit. That certainly describes Alesis at the moment. Ha!

Thanks for the update Analogstndrpusy.

All the more reason to hook your star to D.S.I. or any other manufacturer who produces tangible devices.

Mars will be vindicated.

Alesis will wither.
hackbox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I ordered one 4 weeks ago and was told 6 weeks for a box fresh model as I'll not paying full price for floor stock!

Is this wait thing still an issue?
The place I'm buying it from said they can get 'em easily.

Sold off half my gear to get the Andromeda and only have a MicroKorg to get me by till the monster comes in.

http://theawesomepowerofrockets.blogspot.com
Mars Wants Flesh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey hackbox

4 weeks is nothing. Have you been following this thread at all?
6 months for me and I gave up.
All I can say is "Run to the hills" "Run for your life!" Ha!
Alesis will break your heart. Crying or Very sad

Mars is gaining support.
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(please don't swear)
i also made myself very angry once at alesis/ neumark.
was 'bout not wanting to upgrade the software/( removing some stupidities too).
no result at all, not even a " we've received your mail" (so it must have been read !). they simply are not interested in what customers think( after they have bought the product) .
so i guess it's "welcome to the twentied century" , mind your stomach" and "if you don't want to buy , move on".
however if you Have an A6 , it is fun. (hope it keeps that way)
how 'bout your prophet, when is it coming?
fr gr. sunny
Mars Wants Flesh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Sunny

Lets get something straight. If you think I might swear, don't follow this thread. A few 4 letter words never hurt anyone. Alesis' customers deserve more than excuses. I will continue to slag them on this thread.
Move on? I think not.

Mars will keep on ripping Alesis.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mars Wants Flesh wrote:
Lets get something straight. If you think I might swear, don't follow this thread.

That's not quite how things work here, please be polite.

pophertz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mars

No more, please Crying or Very sad
Mars Wants Flesh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Blue Hell

I am polite but quite frank. I believe you guys don't like the fact that I have a beef with Alesis because you own an A6. That is all good for you.
You can't always sing the praises of a company's product without knowing the truth. I do own and have owned other Alesis product which served me well. I think Sunny should not assume I will use expletives when I post. If I do, cover your ears. I do believe we are all adults here? Alesis have had several problems with their products. Some examples are poor system software, no system updates for years and an inability to produce a product. You guys should stop avoiding the subject (My A6 Shipment delayed again). You can aways pull the plug on me, but that would not be very democratic would it? You guys should learn too take the good with the bad and the ugly.

Mars is just voicing his oppinion like everybody has a right to.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mars,

One of the basic values on this forum is respect for other people. Your remark towards Sunny ("
Lets get something straight. If you think I might swear, don't follow this thread.
") was disrespectful and impolite, and I ask you to stop writing this way.

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Marsie, I´m completely indifferent to what you think of the A6. from experience I know that most upmarket synths are supposed to have issues. You either learn to live with those, or not.

We know that you wanted an A6 but haven´t been able to get it. This is sad, but world isn´t perfect. You also have issues with some Alesis products. Fine. You are probably not alone. In fact, I know some who... oh my.. Rolling Eyes

However, the A6 is a pretty unique device and hopefully most prospective owners will be aware of various issue before they buy. And some don´t care.

The real issue is about adjusting your venting to an acceptable level. If you want to kick Alesis ass.. please show up at their door.

Trivia: For a short wile there I wondered if you might be hired help doing some A6 bashing for a competitor. I did some searches and it doesn´t seem there are any anti-Alesis campaigns running at the moment. So.. I won´t pursue this notion.

Anyways, feel free to have fun here and please join in on discussions and whatever. No hard feelings.

Just for the record, neither Blue Hell or me are A6 owners.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Mars Wants Flesh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Blue Hell

I fully understand backing your brethren, but it's clearly obvious that you and others are avoiding the subject. Three potential Alesis customers are getting the run around and you owners of said beast believe we should sit in silence. I'm not trying to make enemies, but making an issue about a little language is kind of petty. An "F" with a few lines after it in an earlier post of mine? Lets keep it real?

I hope I'm dealing with adults here who can take it?

Love Mars
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The subject is Alesis having a problem with keeping up production of the A6? Shit happens. It seems to me that the demand for the A6 has been growing the last few years. The lifespan of this product has been amazing. It is quite understandable that the A6 production might run into problems. Speaking of Alesis, this company has been close to death and on its way into the crematorium several times for the last 7 years. Obviously the A6 has not been the product that has been paying the bills for Alesis.

As for what we can take or not:
Death to the viral marketing vultures

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Mars Wants Flesh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Elektro80

No, I don't work for another synth company. I would hate to see some other poor devil wait 6 months like I did for an A6. I hope other potential buyers will jump on this thread to vent their frustrations with Alesis. Hopefully Justin Barro of Alesis support team will pass on our complaints instead of making excuses.

Mars
Page 3 of 8 [178 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: