electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
post your backlog
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 5 of 5 [123 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

richardc64 wrote:
andrewF wrote:

its the wiring that sucks most Very Happy

I just might make that my new sig Sad

Shocked Confused Crying or Very sad Laughing

numbertalk

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm glad it's not just me. Thought I'd warm to it with more experience. Ha.
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject:
Subject description: can I add a calender reminder to this post?!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Order of closest to finish -> way out there

1 Paia midi2cv
1 SN Voice
1 KLEE!
2 PS3100 res filters
3 Attenuverters

3 MIDI/USB projects (Maybe these will get bumped up to the top!)

Unifying my rig into 1 transportable case that doesn't need wiring at each setup/breakdown.
programming! Sounds! Effects! oh my!
scriptstyle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject:
Subject description: can I add a calender reminder to this post?!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jksuperstar wrote:
Order of closest to finish -> way out there

3 MIDI/USB projects (Maybe these will get bumped up to the top!)

^are these a kit or pure diy?
jksuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DIY for me, maybe KIT for everyone else Wink

I'm working on a couple things, and toying with the idea (and serious possibility) of merging all of them into one. Unification theory of MIDI and USB Smile Smile
scriptstyle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this sounds very cool! i was thinking about a module not to long ago; midi in--> usb out, usb in -->midi out.
jksuperstar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a prototype working that is a USB Host: Plug in any USB Class compliant device, and out comes MIDI.

I'm working on making it also a storage class device, and adding a mouse > midi, and or HID > MIDI as well, with translation tables built on to the device for doing such things. But then last night I was jamming with a friend, and syncing our two computers means jittery midi clock...so a hardware midi clock is also in order.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's some of mine:

The actual Flickr page has labels.

There is a good reason though. I was doing board assembly and test, but promised myself nothing would get cased up to play with until I had finally completed the rather stressful problem of laying to rest the affairs of a company that I had "inherited" by virtue of being 'last man standing'. The Therapeutic effects of an evenings soldering cannot be over stated.

A high point was the night I tested my Jurgen Haible "Living VCO's" board, and all 3 came to life perfectly, first time. I suffer from depression, and just sitting there in my workroom, playing the beats and drones of those oscillators through my bench amp seemed to make a bad day seem miles away.

I'm a bit nervous about what will happen with the AVRx and the Monowave though....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theprofuk/4330940075/

sonicwarrior

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Someone pointed me to this thread so I thought I could give an update. I also have an Ikea Alex now with 6 drawers to house stuffed PCBs:

Sold:
2 x Nite EQ
2 x Wogglebug
2 x Fonitronik Attenuverting Mixer
2 x Papareil DS8
1 x Haible Krautrock Phaser

Need to be sold:
4 x MFOS ADSR (replaced by MFOS Dual AR & other AR envelopes)
2 x Papareil DBX VCA (I have too many VCAs)
1 x CGSRR assembled (will use a CGS67 instead)

Lost and found:
1 x MOTM-300
1 x Haible Tau Phaser (stuffed, will try the THAT3xx chips in this one, the other will have SSM2210s)

Finished:
2 x Anyware Instruments VCO
1 x Thing-a-ma-kit (glued the housing together)
1 x ML-303 v6
1 x MIDI-Thru-Box
2 x cabinet with a linear PSU from International Power (thanks to Mouser for shipping them to Germany now without additional costs)
1 x MOTM-120
1 x MOTM-410
1 x MFOS ADSR
2 x MFOS Dual VCA
1 x Papareil Polivoks Filter (tough one as the original build doc contains some errors)
1 x 4ms RCD
1 x 4ms SCM

New stuff (I'm crazy, I know):
1 x MFOS Dual AR (stuffed, but I'll sell it as I don't like the missing on-board MOTM connector)
1 x MFOS Sonic Multiplier (stuffed)
1 x Ian Fritz Teezer VCO (mostly stuffed)
2 x Ian Fritz AR/Pulse Delay (mostly stuffed)
2 x CGS30 Bandpass Filter
1 x CGS38 Saw Pitch Shifter/Wave Multiplier (partly stuffed)
2 x CGS48 VCO
1 x CGS63 PSU Delay
2 x CGS65 Tube VCA (stuffed)
1 x CGS67 Active Real Ring Modulator
2 x CGS114 DUSG (I'll sell these, too, because of the missing onboard MOTM connector, should have ordered the VCS PCB although it's more expensive)
1 x Oakley OMS-820 (addon for my MOTM-820, will put them behind a shared front panel)

Most of the other old PCBs are stuffed and are waiting to be mounted or waiting for a front panel.

Last edited by sonicwarrior on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Broadwave

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seriously... If I started listing what I have in my box or on the bench, I'd never get any work done (but then again I'm always looking for an excuse to stop!)

But, the current list is:

2 x ARP Odyssey MkI VCO's
3 x ARP 2600 VCO's & Waveshapers (for LFO use)
ARP 4023 VCF
ARP 4035 VCF
ARP 4075 VCF
ARP 2600 Ring Mod
ARP 2600 Voltage Processors
ARP 2600 Log/Lin VCA
ARP 2600 S&H (keeps burning out two resistors!!!!)
2 x ARP 2600 Noise
2 x Pro One ADSR's (got a few Curtis chips hanging around)
MFOS 12dB State Variable VCF
Yusynth ADSR
4 x 4 Matrix Mixer

Currently working on a bunch of modules taken from the ARP 2600, to go with the two modular Odysseys. Once that's done... well I don't know, definitely take a break and learn something new.

Work.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  267.98 KB
 Viewed:  198 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

Work.jpg

Synth DIY Projects

Musical Doodlings
JovianPyx

Audio files: 224

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My backlog is due to my inability to snap my fingers and magically have everything in my lab cleaned up and orderly...

dsPIC projects... Several... And a Fatman 4046 oscillator design I want to test...

Time flies like a banana.
Fruit flies when you're having fun.
BTW, Do these genes make my ass look fat?
corruptio optimi pessima
sompost

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*sigh* Misery loves company...

My problem is always with front panels. Therefore my backlog is mainly due to my inability to decide on frontpanel layouts, or build/label them, once I have decided.

MFOS 8 stage phaser (PCB stuffed)
MFOS stereo panner (PCB stuffed)
MFOS 16 step sequencer (PCB stuffed)
Paul Maddox MonoWave (PCB stuffed except microcontrollers & EPROMS that need programming)
Papareil MCV876 MIDI-CV converter (PCB stuffed)
Trevor Page TR9090 (PCB1 stuffed, PCB2 being worked on)
Thomas Henry SN-Voice (PCB stuffed)

MFOS MiniSynth Mk II ... oh wait, that one is being completed, because I bought the front panel together with the PCB Cool

Ralph

diablojoy

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My current backlog stands at over 150 modules way too many to post a list.
You are not alone TheProf guess i am also someone who loves to stuff boards 80% are just waiting on panelling [same issue as sompost ] plus cabinets and PSU's to run them.
before anyone asks I do have some 20 odd modules up and running so i do get there eventually Laughing

as good an answer as any
elmegil

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If we don't limit ourselves to modules ... or maybe even if we do, I have way too much considering I only started down this path in March-ish.

Finish wiring and test Quantizer/Glide (using MFOS glide example, Barton Ckts Quantizer)
replace switching supply with powerone linear I bought nearly a month ago
related to that, build a power panel, and I have enough space I want to put a clock there too
finish WSG for kids
experiment with TH AY-Voice (including seeing if I can make an Arduino variant...dubious about having enough control lines though)
Stuff and panel Buchla 281 clone FG boards
Finish testing and board and panel TH ASft21C VCA/VCF
When El Cerrito board gets here (imminently) move the XRVCO parts onto that and panel it
Proceed with other ASft21C modules which I have parts for but nothing built anywhere
Muck with a pair of semi-broken Roland keyboards I got cheap several weeks ago (PS Anyone know a good source for the 3.8" disks that the Roland S-10 uses?)
Finish planning and build a buffered multiple
Realized I ought to build some sort of variable DC supply so I can do things like test the quant/glide module
I have a lot of ideas in my head about how to do my "next" MIDI->CV, now that I realize that omitting pitch bend etc outputs on the MTS-100 in favor of simplicity was very limiting, and I now have the Rolands which have pitch bend controls (previous keybds did not)

Eventually here I'll end up with enough modules to do some real sound generation too (chaining across breadboards doesn't really count)

Did I mention I ordered PCBs for the Klee and the MPS? Very Happy
sonicwarrior

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sonicwarrior wrote:

Need to be sold:
4 x MFOS ADSR (replaced by MFOS Dual AR & other AR envelopes)
2 x Papareil DBX VCA (I have too many VCAs)
1 x CGSRR assembled (will use a CGS67 instead)

They are still lying around. Maybe I should start selling them but I hate selling stuff, taking photos for it, thinking about a price, etc..

sonicwarrior wrote:

1 x CGS63 PSU Delay
2 x CGS65 Tube VCA (stuffed)

Those are finished. I still have to do some wiring work on the PSU delay to do. I'm unsure if I did the soldering job of my PSU right as I soldered the +/- 15 V wires directly to the linear PSU without using heatshrink. The solder joint themselves are very solid but I have no experience if that might change as time goes by. Confused

So I have almost finished all PCB's that either don't need a front panel or for which I have a ready made front panel from Bridechamber or MOTM. For some MOTM modules I need log pots in the right format (Spectrol 149, 249 or similar). There ought to be a groupbuy for BT pots but that was delayed several times seems to be fizzled out.
elmegil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So is this our year end "how did we do against the backlog?" Smile

Quote:

Finish wiring and test Quantizer/Glide (using MFOS glide example, Barton Ckts Quantizer)
replace switching supply with powerone linear I bought nearly a month ago
finish WSG for kids
Finish testing and board and panel TH ASft21C VCA/VCF
When El Cerrito board gets here (imminently) move the XRVCO parts onto that and panel it
Muck with a pair of semi-broken Roland keyboards I got cheap several weeks ago (PS Anyone know a good source for the 3.8" disks that the Roland S-10 uses?)
Finish planning and build a buffered multiple
Realized I ought to build some sort of variable DC supply so I can do things like test the quant/glide module

All done

Quote:

related to that, build a power panel, and I have enough space I want to put a clock there too

Half done, no clock.

Quote:

Stuff and panel Buchla 281 clone FG boards

Not done

Quote:

experiment with TH AY-Voice (including seeing if I can make an Arduino variant...dubious about having enough control lines though)

This ran aground...

Quote:

Proceed with other ASft21C modules which I have parts for but nothing built anywhere

Not done, though I have got an X4046 VCO soldered and almost panelled.

Quote:

I have a lot of ideas in my head about how to do my "next" MIDI->CV, now that I realize that omitting pitch bend etc outputs on the MTS-100 in favor of simplicity was very limiting, and I now have the Rolands which have pitch bend controls (previous keybds did not)

More discussion of this has occurred, but no real planning.

Quote:

Did I mention I ordered PCBs for the Klee and the MPS?

These are here, the MPS is actually soldered, but not even the glimmerings of a plan for a panel....

I also repaired one Blacet Time Machine, built another from synthcube's kit, finished/partially rebuilt a soundlab, and built and panelled an Ian Fritz Double Well Chaos circuit (still needs to be tested thoroughly though).

Of course then there's the additional backlog that has come along...

Build a 32 space 5U rack from 2'x4' plywood
TR808 Stripboards -- snare and bass built, need to do the rest of the family
Arudino sequencer -- very rudimentary at the moment, but lots of notes and ideas
Baby8 Sequencer -- partially breadboarded
My FG -- project driven by a sequencer, had a discussion here about it but it hasn't progressed in a while
TH/Fonik X4046 VCO -- finish panelling
SN Voice
Intellijel dual VCA -- soldered, needs to be panelled
S&H/Noise -- using the kickstarter "simple CMOS S&H" project, but want to put it on the same board as the TH ASft21C Noise circuit and panel them together
Fonik's Voltage Controlled Pattern Sequencer
2 quad AR "Postman" boards from Hex Inverter
ESP/Mind Reader based on MS-10 by EAS, waiting on special quad pots
x0xb0x -- I have most of the parts but no case
Buchla Timbre/Wavefolder
power improvements (add din jack for chaining to the existing "case")
mini Suitcase Synth -- planning started but has gotten nowhere
JH Triple Chorus
JH Krautrock Phaser
New TH LFO with Fonik board
Want a 555 VCO as well when the board is ready
Dougster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oy vey, I don't want to think about my backlog, but...

#1 Priority: Send out 40 MB-808 kits.
#2 Priority: Organize fourth batch order of MB-808 PCBs.
#3? Hmmm, choose from the following:

Build final version of desktop MB-9090. (Matches MB-808)
Finish Pearce BC-1 clone.
Finish TR-606 in PT-10 clone.
Finish Fatman in PT-10.
Finish control footpedal for LP-1.
Finish Notron clone.
Install the aftertouch add-on in my Chroma.
Finish programming Eventide Harmonizer editor.
Finish the two incomplete x0xb0xes.
Finish the two incomplete 9090 board sets.
Build the old P3 kit that I have had for years.

(Wondering if I should take bets on whether I get any priority 3 tasks done this year...)

Doug

Every DIY person should own a copy of Electronotes: http://electronotes.netfirms.com

Blue LEDs are evil.
elmegil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Want any help with those x0xb0xes? Smile I have most of the parts myself, just need an enclosure, LEDs and a handful of other things that I haven't gotten to yet.
Dougster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elmegil wrote:
Want any help with those x0xb0xes? Smile I have most of the parts myself, just need an enclosure, LEDs and a handful of other things that I haven't gotten to yet.

Cool. I actually have three of the official Lady Ada kits, plus an extra set of parts so that I can build a x0xi0...

Regards,
Doug

Every DIY person should own a copy of Electronotes: http://electronotes.netfirms.com

Blue LEDs are evil.
sonicwarrior

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sonicwarrior wrote:

1 x Ian Fritz Teezer VCO (mostly stuffed)

Fight the backlog!
I finished that one today:
http://electro-music.com/forum/post-375431.html#375431

Smile
pix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dougster wrote:
elmegil wrote:

Cool. I actually have three of the official Lady Ada kits, plus an extra set of parts so that I can build a x0xi0...

Regards,
Doug

Hi Doug,

I wonder if one of those kits is one that I sent you years ago? It's actually quite unnerving to see you post this here.

And I should also remind you of the Waldorf microwave I also sent in for repair together with the b0x kit. This was what 4 or 5 years ago?????

Rui Peixoto

sonicwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Despite new stuff my backlog slowly shrinks:

Outboard (19)
2 x Forssell Opto Compressor (stuffed, needs a rack case)
2 x Nite EQ (stuffed)
2 x Mnats 1176 Rev J Compressor (stuffed)
2 x Mnats 1176 Rev D Compressor
1 x Dual LA2A (almost finished)
2 x GSSL (both almost finished)
1 x Dual Sontec EQ
2 x Pultec EQP-1 (stuffed)
2 x Pultec EQ (stuffed)
1 x Calrec EQ in my own PCB design (stuck in the debugging phase and I don't find the error and have lost interest in it)
2 x JLM Audio Baby Animal mic pre (1x stuffed)

Synth-Stuff (39)
1 x Haible Krautrock Phaser (stuffed, needs a rack case/front panel)
1 x Haible Tau Phaser (stuffed)
1 x TLN-156 Neural Agonizer (stuffed)
1 x MOTM-300
1 x MOTM-440 (stuffed)
1 x MOTM-480 (stuffed)
1 x MOTM-820 (stuffed) + 1 x OMS-820
4 x Fonitronik Attenuverting Mixer (stuffed)
1 x Fonitronik PS3100 (stuffed)
1 x MFOS Stereo Panner (stuffed)
1 x MFOS State Variable VCF (stuffed)
1 x MFOS Dual AR (stuffed)
1 x MFOS Sonic Multiplier (stuffed)
2 x Ian Fritz AR/Pulse Delay (stuffed)
1 x Papareil VCO (stuffed)
2 x Papareil DBX VCA (stuffed)
1 x Papareil Miniwarp Ringmod (stuffed)
1 x Papareil DS8
1 x 909 BD (stuffed)
2 x CGS04 DC Mixer (stuffed)
1 x CGS24 Gate2Trig (stuffed)
1 x CGS29 Lockhart Wave Folder (stuffed)
1 x CGS36 Pulse Divider & Boolean Logic + 1 x CGS54 XOR XNOR Logic addon (stuffed)
1 x CGS38 Saw Pitch Shifter/Wave Multiplier (stuffed)
1 x CGS40 Modulo Magic (stuffed)
2 x CGS48 VCO (stuffed)
1 x CGS56 Gate Converter (stuffed)
1 x CGS67 Active Real Ring Modulator (stuffed)
1 x Accenter Tool (stuffed)
1 x Doepfer A-145 LFO (stuffed)
1 x Polivoks PCB (stuffed)
1 x Magnus Danielson Oct/Hz Converter + V-trig to S-trig converter (needs a case)

Guitar stuff (3)
1 x Sansamp GT2 clone (stuffed)
1 x Das Plus distortion (stuffed)
1 x PT80 delay (stuffed)

Other stuff (5)
1 x Transistor-6 - The sequencer part of the ML-303 (almost finished, need a panel for the display as a protection against scratches)
2 x MIDIBox CV (stuffed)
1 x MIDIBox Seq v4
1 x ShuffleBox (stuffed)

Although I started this year mainly with modding and debugging existing gear I expect to get at 10 positions out of the backlog.

Next in line are:
- MFOS Sonic Multiplier (currently working on it)
- Haible Tau Phaser (with That Chips)
- MOTM-300
- TLN-156 Neural Agonizer
- MOTM/OMS-820
- Dual LA2A
- GSSL
- Transistor 6

Those are the ones I already have panels, cases or at least a panel design (820) for already.

I plan to put the guitar effects together in one desktop box maybe with a patch or switching matrix and the 909 BD and DS-8 clone in another box. I guess I'll put one MIDIbox CV in a desktop case and the other one in rack case). I'm also planing a toolbox in a desktop case with two joysticks, six manual gate switches and maybe other goodies. I think I'll put the Oct/Hz converter in there as I'll only need it when using my modular sequencers as the MIDIbox CVs can handle Hz/V themselves. Would make sense to put the CGS24 Gate2Trig and CGS56 Gate Converter in there, too.
danielwarner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got a Thomas Henry Quadrature Function Generator PCB half-populated. Been like that for years now. Someday...
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 5 of 5 [123 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: