electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Post Your KLEE Panels Designs Here
Page 16 of 16 [399 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 14, 15, 16
mig27

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was actually talking knob lever length, not taper length (or did I miss your irony?)
Anyhow, in the mean time I figured that 19mm should be the way to go.
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
was actually talking knob lever length, not taper length (or did I miss your irony?)
Anyhow, in the mean time I figured that 19mm should be the way to go.

It was just me being a goofball. lol ..... Laughing Seriously, sounds like a good choice. Wink

Bill
citric acid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fonik wrote:
i still have a 2nd set of klee2 PCBs in the drawer and i toy with the idea of building myself a eurorack module from it despite my backlog)! currently i shrunk it to 60HP using pushbuttons with built in LEDs (as seen on my LPG with gate controlled mode). i would replace the manual range selection switch by a voltage controlled switch.

what do you think? ideas?

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

cool idea... nice and small not so big . im still looking for a smal one.
do you share this files ? if not i understand ...but if you like it will be fine .

br

brother303

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Cit,

citric acid wrote:

cool idea... nice and small not so big . im still looking for a smal one.
do you share this files ? if not i understand ...but if you like it will be fine .

br

Yes,nice panel,isn`t it?

But you have to build a midi-interface and the voltage controlled range-switch by yourself since there are no out-of-the-box solutions available...

Wink

el-bee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's what I'm planning..:

At the moment, my plan is to make a rack unit with detachable rack ears to allow desktop use too.

If you feel like reading more about my Klee build as it happens, check what this has to offer Smile
Captain Biscuits

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Another Day; Another Panel Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been gradually knocking this into shape for a little while now, on and off, so have reached the point that I don't think I'm capable of noticing even the most glaring errors!

Any advice from those who have been there gratefully received.

Many thanks

Ian

Panel 8 Klee 3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  190.94 KB
 Viewed:  8535 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

Panel 8 Klee 3.jpg

EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From a human factors point of view, the two buttons manual load and manual step need to be somewhere you can get at them, as they are by FAR the most used panel controls. Locate them together and out of the way of other switches, connectors and indicators. This is probably the most important piece of the panel layout.

I got my connectors away from my switches and knobs by locating them off to one side. It helps keep cable congestion away from those all important pushbuttons. While well compartmentalised for function, you may find that there are other ways to group that help keep track of steps. You probably will not use all of the merge, invert, etc switches as much as the pattern switches and the gate bus switches, and you'll hate them being in the way, so watch for that.

Oh and also the clock enable gets used a lot when you're programming. I don't think it has to be right next to your pushbuttons but it'll want to be somewhere you can feel for it.

Home,My Studio,and another view
Captain Biscuits

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Many thanks for the speedy response!

I'll bear all of that in mind. I've kept the whole pattern, gate bus set up on the top half so it's separate and hopefully clear, but I might re-arrange the bottom half a bit.

I've tried to avoid some obvious labeling so the switch above the clock input is clock enable and the push switch above that is the clock step momentary switch. The same with the Load section so the load enable switch is directly above the Load in jack and the manual load is above that. I like my logical set up (all nicked from other people's designs it must be said Smile ) but I can see what you mean about the advantages of not having a dirty great jack plug in the way right under my momentary switches.

It gives me something to ponder and, at the end of the day function may have to rule over form so I'll look at re-jigging it here & there.

Your input is much appreciated, I'm really keen to make some progress and have this up and running, it looks like such fun to play with!

Cheers

Ian
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A pleasure. I'm not saying my panel was perfect, but there were some major design decisions that worked and some I would do much differently after using the thing fairly constantly over a 2 year period. Grouping the connectors out of the way on a big panel like that is practical. Getting the glide. random and range select out of the way (although range select is another one you're likely to use a lot in practice) has worked for me.

Home,My Studio,and another view
Paradigm X

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fonik wrote:
grĂ¼ner klee (germ.) = green clover

Holy Moly ! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Two things.

That looks amazing !!! I have been scanning some for inspiration but jeez that looks amazing, loving the green.

MIDI Shocked Shocked Shocked

How is this implemented, is it the Kendall thing you did? : edit found your thread, its the papareil one. Smile That said, the Dave Kendall/Fonitronik one would be an amazing compiment to this beast!

wow!

Thats very impressive.

Off to your site to look for .fpd files Very Happy
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is how it looks in real (chnged the knob, though). the MIDI is a small pic based converter from marc bareille (papareil).
the whole sequencer is sold(!), however, i am working on a small eurorack module version for this awesome squencer...

Paradigm X

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

salut

Amazing. That does look really nice, and that green is a really nice colour. Everything I've seen of yours is really nice.

Im still deciding between sliders and a circular layout. Both have their pros and cons.

How did you find those 45(?)/60mm sliders? Are they long enough in practise? I had a novation controller and found the 45mm sliders a bit fiddly, although they were terrible cheap plastic ones anyway. Id love 100mm sliders...

Ive got one of your VC Clock PCBs now thanks to a kind person on here with the PWM so im going to incorporate that. Midi in i think ill leave external, for the DK/Fonik M2C, but it would be nice live. MIDI out would be an awesome addition but probably a bit complex for me.

Thanks for showing off the pictures, Ben

Very Happy
octavecat

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did anyone successfully make eurorack panels? I see some line art here, but no confirmation of successful builds...
lucid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, finally dreams come true my new MU baby is alive

decision made 11/2012
PCBs arrived 01/2013
panels arrived 03/2013
first switch on 3 days ago

lucid

KLEE.png
 Description:
MU KLEE
 Filesize:  364.22 KB
 Viewed:  8272 Time(s)

KLEE.png

roglok

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lucid wrote:

decision made 11/2012
PCBs arrived 01/2013
panels arrived 03/2013

lucid

looks great! i like the square layout. congratulations.
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lucid wrote:

decision made 11/2012
PCBs arrived 01/2013
panels arrived 03/2013

lucid

Do you mind if I ask if the panel files are available? I like how compact your panel is for frac! Do you have any photos of the back? I'm curious how you mated the panel and pcbs. Thanks for any info, you've done a great job in my eyes.
lucid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jksuperstar wrote:

Do you mind if I ask if the panel files are available? I like how compact your panel is for frac! Do you have any photos of the back? I'm curious how you mated the panel and pcbs. Thanks for any info, you've done a great job in my eyes.

pmed with some more files
backside here

back-0.jpg
 Description:
back without wires
 Filesize:  134.11 KB
 Viewed:  54045 Time(s)

back-0.jpg

back.jpg
 Description:
back- wired
 Filesize:  202.1 KB
 Viewed:  54046 Time(s)

back.jpg

jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, I see...not frac Embarassed Those are 1/4" jacks (I thought they were 1/8", so the size in my head was 1/4 actual) Rolling Eyes

Thanks a lot for posting, lucid. This looks great!
eXisteNz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Here what i'm doing Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've slightly modified THC superb design here, adding some space and layout for pimp mods!

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.4 MB
 Viewed:  8195 Time(s)

image.jpg

HansRL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is what I ended up sending to photo print on aluminium. Received my "picture" today. It is not pure 3mm alu as I had hoped for. But a plastic laminate between two thin layer of aluminium. Very light but still quite stiff. The grey back color is very even and the hair line for the drill marks are all there so this looks like a quality print job. Sadly they only would take JPG so no guaranty the scale would hold up. Luckily that's not a problem on this build.

Panel size is a full 84HP 3U. Should be easy to drill, but not sure if I can use a circle saw to cut the sheet. I have some concern the heat might be a problem for the plastic.

Benjamin AM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

5u format engraved aluminium panel, 8 spaces fit into custom rail and ears and a 19" rack. Based on sduck's design.

IMG_0365.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.09 MB
 Viewed:  8128 Time(s)

IMG_0365.JPG

sduck

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice! Very Happy
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks great! thumleft
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anything that looks like lab equipment is great in my book !!! LOL, nice work.

Bill
Page 16 of 16 [399 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 14, 15, 16
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Jump to: