electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Yo, mazafaka!
Page 3 of 4 [79 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
The other one is in the wrong forum I think, good one too Laughing

hehe- there is in fact a very good reason for that Very Happy

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
good one too Laughing

yes we all need a good laugh too. Laughing Laughing Laughing

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
bachus

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Oh yes.. Bowmore is nice. Really nice!
Indeed those are all very nice. But truly as spake another: "A young Bowmore can put a man off his spirits."
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
bachus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
Just finished a tiny nip of Talisker, btw.
Oh I like that too. But over here most Talisker is consumed under age in the Johnny Walker Red blended whisky, such a waste when with just a little patience...and a splash of soda Laughing
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ssssssss... ? so.....? soda?

SODA ?

Shocked

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There will be no soda! Why?
Oh yeah, because it´s UZI time again!

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
bachus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:

Guess I need to record the sound of soda being added to Lagavulin .. just for your enjoyment. Laughing

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no no no no no....

you heartless sadistic monster! Shocked Twisted Evil

I can hear the whisky crying for help already.. come to daddy..!
And there will be more Bowmore for you!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bachus wrote:
elektro80 wrote:

Guess I need to record the sound of soda being added to Lagavulin .. just for your enjoyment. Laughing

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Are you crazy?? Soda in Lagavulin??

I suppose you did infest the world with that sugar-vinegar stuff..... now what was it called now? oh yes Cola. That was fizzy Embarassed

next you will be telling us that Lagavulin also goes well with diet coke?

EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

soda = American sparkling water

Home,My Studio,and another view
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EdisonRex wrote:

I knew that already! Laughing

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and there's also

Cream Soda.

Which is vile!! Laughing

(yes I know what Soda is. Very Happy )

bachus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EdisonRex wrote:

The sad truth, sigh, is that they have a point. It does ruin a whisky's nose. But my mouth simply can't stand 40% ethanol. Crying or Very sad

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bachus wrote:
EdisonRex wrote:

The sad truth, sigh, is that they have a point. It does ruin a whisky's nose. But my mouth simply can't stand 40% ethanol. Crying or Very sad

When then just use mineral water (non-carbonated)

I find that plain water works well with Bourbon too Smile
otherwise it's like drinking gasoline!! Laughing

The Scotts recommend mineral water

Personally, I just sip it, not down it- Lagavulin is too expensive to gulp anyway!

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://hidden.slashfood.com/2006/03/29/in-norway-your-cocktail-is-a-hard-drug/

It is considered posh to drink single malts over here. Rolling Eyes Shocked

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I mean.. they distill the hjemmebrent to the point the stuff kinda comes out of the still looking like solid matter. Bad hjemmebrent is pretty much like nitroglycerin.
This is dense and ill tempered stuff.

THe real danger with hjemmebrent is that since it is damned cold here people tend to do this inhouse. And that is risky business.
When a house somewhere goes "Booooom" we all look at each other, nod and say.. "hjemmebrent".. while the pieces of the building are falling to the ground.
Anyways, this is Norway. It is supposed to be like this here.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
bachus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:

When then just use mineral water (non-carbonated)

I thought I'd tried that and it too ruined the nose. But I'll give it another go this evening.

BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I find a small amount of filtered tap water is the best thing to add to Whisky, especially this one : http://www.laphroaig.com/whiskies/cask_strength/awards.asp?expanded=cask_strength.awards

Andy
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The best water to use is that from the melted snow from the roof of the distillery. snob
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
I find a small amount of filtered tap water

what is it with filtered tap water? (I'm not pointing at just you Andy btw Very Happy ). British tap water IMO is really excellent. Here in Birmingham it comes straight from the Welsh mountains- and you can taste that too- but all the muesli brigade here like to filter it. Why? Shocked Rolling Eyes

I went to St Petersburg n Russia a couple of years back, and the water smelt like blood as it was so high in metal deposits. The locals drink it, but the foreigners are told to stay off it. Confused

Personally I like my Malt neat. I think the poor Americans get the shit whiskey such as Ballentynes, Bells and Teachers. No wonder one has to mix that 'cos it's rough as @£$%!! Laughing

Lagavulin to me actually tastes 'sweet' to the palette. It's gorgeous stuff imo Very Happy

Right. Bed time. nitey nite!

seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
muesli brigade

I guess I am one of them Cool but here I do not filter tap water, so, am I still on the brigade Question
Shocked

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
v-un-v wrote:
muesli brigade

I guess I am one of them Cool

Laughing

'Muesli' is an affectionate version of 'Moseley' the area just up the road from here Smile Sorry I was thinking out aloud, but I suppose you could apply it to other people? Shocked Laughing (I eat muesli too btw Very Happy ), but people who are 'organically minded' seem paranoid about the water supply too! Laughing

Eh? where's the 'mad' emoticon gone?

BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well if you don't filter water here (south coast) you get a pretty nasty taste, and a film of nastiness on top of the whiskey.

I have filter jugs and kettles everywhere, even thinking of getting one installed in the tap in the kitchen.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahh the south coast. Where on the south coast?

My home town of Lewes takes its water from the Downs. There's a lot of calcium carbonate in it. The water does have a slight bitter taste there, but it's perfectly drinkable (fwiw, it's nowhere as good as Brummie water though- but that's hardly surprising though!).

To be honest I couldn't taste the difference between straight out and filtered. You must not forget that the whole water filter boom started with a series of companies who worked like pyramid organisations (Incidentally, Scientology is a 'pyramid organisation'!). There was a lot of hype in the mid 1980's- one filter company in particular (I'm trying to remember the name- it had a little 'blue heart' symbol in the name), used some pretty clever marketing tactics which got a whole load of people into believing that we HAD to have water filters because there was some kind of 'evil' swimming in our water supply. The middle classes were suckers for this 'brainwashing' tactic too. (I'm middle class btw- my parents were/ are school and university teachers). I think many of us have now forgotten this.

The film of 'nastiness' (or scum as it's called), is probably just chalk deposits. 'Organic' in fact! Wink Laughing

Page 3 of 4 [79 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Jump to: