electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
OS Update
Page 18 of 19 [453 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 16, 17, 18, 19 Next
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:

[
Quote:
We will probably release the update before we get to sign the drivers I
am afraid, we are very close to a release. This update will only contain
Vista and MacIntel compatibility, no other "legacy" issues or known bugs
have been pursued.

I assume that this means they will eventually release a signed driver. To me, releasing an unsigned driver is not Vista compatible,

Howard has an interesting point we may have overlooked.
Getting software "signed" by Microsoft may take a very long time.
It's quite possible that Clavia has already submitted something and are waiting in a very long queue. This is purely speculative on my part.

I remember the process of getting certified by Microsoft well before XP was around took a long time

BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

32bit vista quite happily runs unsigned drivers it is only the 64bit version that requires the F8 shenanigans.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found this little program ReadyDriver v1.1, that will automatically run the F8 thing whenever you reboot.

http://www.citadel.co.nr/readydriverplus/

I've installed it on my Vista 64 SP1 laptop and it adds only about 3 or 4 seconds to the boot process but it is worth it, IMHO. It works like a keystroke playback thingie of the old days. You can see it press the keys for you.

I'm using it. I don't know how secure it is. I ran a virus check on the installer. If you are sane and cautious, unlike me, you might not want to use this. I don't know if that site is very secure, so I'm posting the install file here. At least I know it worked for me.

Use it at your own risk and don't hold me personally responsible. Understand what you are doing and all that.

For me, this is much easier than using VM.

SetupReadyDriverPlus.zip
 Description:
Disables signed driver checking for Vista 64. ReadyDriver v1.1.

Use at your own risk. See: http://www.citadel.co.nr/readydriverplus/

Download
 Filename:  SetupReadyDriverPlus.zip
 Filesize:  265.52 KB
 Downloaded:  263 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
buzzr

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, looks again like clavia is just going to release Vista and Macintel drivers with no updates to the editor? Say one thing, do another.

Electronic musicians can be a picky winey bunch can't we Smile
Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If only Clavia had had the wisdom to hire a competent Java programmer for the editor... Wink
dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sebber,

I hear you loud and clear.

Quote:
Don't you people ever get mad? Don't you ever get mad at Clavia fot not maintaining their promises? If they were bankrupt or something, but they're making good money these days, I guess and I hope, with some good instruments.

I too do get angry (and did get frustrated at lack of updates etc), but now I only get angry with a purpose of things I can change. Having gone through some major transitions in the last year since we last met, the anger is directed at things I can change. It is focus finding, the way I look at it.

Code:

Well, I just bought an Evolver and find myself happily turning wheels, sitting in a corner with my headphones on and a glass of red wine nearby.

I liked the Evolver, and I too found it wonderful when tweaking, but I realised that the same effect can be had by having a G2 patch with a decent parameter to panel mapping or some new thing I try on my waldorf xt or rs7000 sequencer. But I do miss it a bit.

And yes, I too am enjoying some red wine right now, actually. I toast to your health, my friend.

Code:

Just like I did only four years ago with an instrument that cost 2000€. I don't turn it on too often because it makes me feel frustrated. Seems like you people have a waaay better karma - not being angry, not being frustrated, just taking things as they are.

There I cannot comment, I own 2 G2 expanded keyboards, but I got them through my own means. The benifits of the G2 relationship with me and the gear far outweigh the cost of the swedish metal and computer chips. Even if they do become "obsolete". The G2 has been a wonderful experience for me, and continues to this day.

I patch little, but each patch session is carefully considerd on paper prior to being comitted to connecting the cables. Call it my bunk hands, but I like the balance it provides me with other gear.

Quote:
I have to take lessons with Kofi.

Word, brother. word. I high-five you right there.
/Dasz
sebber

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 33

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mr. Dasz, listening to your music right now. Some very fine music you do with your two DJ2s, no, G2s. If you only express anger against things you can change, where do you put the rest? Transform it in patches? Drown in red wine? Sports? Food? Hacky? Sleep? Chess? Backpain? Headache? Elevated state of mind? Lumberjacking? Sex? I hope for the last. And I hope your hands improve constantly.

If something's bad and you can't change it, like a road block, you gotta tell the people driving in that direction.

dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mr Sebber,

Quote:
Some very fine music you do with your two DJ2s, no, G2s.

Smile

I put my energy into other feelings and anger being one of them is one that does not occur often. My energy goes into things like refelction and awareness, inspiration, and I transform angry feelings into their meanings which are lessons. It keeps it easy for me, easy to go with the flow ...

I have a new set I am working on for a gig on 08-08-08, and yes I just sampled a real TR808 for inspiration. Cuz for me, it's not just the outcome, but enjoying the journey along the way.

Quote:
If something's bad and you can't change it, like a road block, you gotta tell the people driving in that direction.

By using your headlights Wink ! But I hear your point, I just can't relate, YET, as I do not intend on using Vista.

Peace.
/Dasz

Last edited by dasz on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
purusha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It does seem a bit odd that it's taking so long to get the official release together.

Any Clavia people here able to comment on when this is likely to come in for a landing?

sebber

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 33

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If think Clavia wrote twice on this forum (and there were tears of joy and laughter that they did at all). Don't be annoyed if you don't get an answer.
purusha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not annoyed. Just wondering if there was anyone around...
Housefly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yesterday i asked Tomass Johansson for the beta OS/Editor cause i bought a vista laptop (going Live as of now..) we are now friday morning and i already got a reply from Tomas. in his mail he still asks to try and break the beta. i wonder if this is a generic answer but i don't think so. seems to me, they are still working on the update, in their sparetime i guess Laughing
W.T.

G2 patch files: 11

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to go from the beta 1.41 to the last version 1.40,is this possible by just installing the 1.40to my engine? i am not really glad with the beta (used it for several months) version...

thanks in advance
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Assuming you run windows XP, yes, you can just put 1.40 back into your G2, also you'll probably want to re-associate patches with the 1.40 editor instead of 1.41 ... maybe deinstallation of 1.41 will do the trick, otherwise deinstall 1.40 as well and then re-install it ... you could also manually restore the file assocations .. it would take longer probably.

For Vista I'm not sure as there was a new driver made for Vista, and I don't know if the old software will work with the new driver.

There might be an issue with patches made with 1.41 as the build number went up I think, otoh I've been posting 1.41 patches here and I did not hear complaints about people being not able to load these with 1.40 (the file format and the version of the patches did not change). So this seems unlikely, should you however run into such an issue I think that manually altering the build number in the patches will make them work .. there should be no actual changes re. the patch format.

W.T.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you Jan.

i run osx leopard and i will try to put the older os on it.

gr

W.T.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, a Mac ... I thought 1.40 wouldn't work on it ... but then again I can't tell a Leopard from a snow panther Shocked
W.T.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good question indeed. i'll check it out.
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1.4 works fine on Leopard it just uses loads of CPU as it is running in Rosetta.

Andy
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Although I have heard rumors that Apple are getting rid of Rosetta on the next update!
W.T.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well 1.41 does use a lot off cpu on my macbook also.
not all patches are saved correctly, ,corrupted Sad
and in my mutator, the bottom variation row are black, except
the one that is selected.
(what is the problem with just making the editor work on al platforms, it is a must not a extra!)

1-mutator.jpg
 Description:
mutatorr, black boxes
 Filesize:  98.72 KB
 Viewed:  9962 Time(s)

1-mutator.jpg

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

W.T. wrote:
(what is the problem with just making the editor work on al platforms, it is a must not a extra!)

The problem is that the platforms are different Rolling Eyes

Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

W.T. wrote:
well 1.41 does use a lot off cpu on my macbook also.
not all patches are saved correctly, ,corrupted Sad
and in my mutator, the bottom variation row are black, except
the one that is selected.

I'm running the beta on a MacBook, and my mutator works ok (no black squares). At least that's what I think... the about box in the editor says 1.40 even if it's 1.41, right?

/Stefan

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
the about box in the editor says 1.40 even if it's 1.41, right?

Yes correct, but the build numbers differ 1.40 has 266 and 1.41 has 272, and that one also says "not for release" ... on windows that is.

BobTheDog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Get the Black boxes, I have had no corrupt files yet though.
W.T.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i am back on 1.40.. marvellous.

i tested (just one perf) which is using less (+/- 10%) CPU in 1.40 than the beta.. in leopard Question

weird.. but better Wink

Evil or Very Mad bye bye Beta Evil or Very Mad
Page 18 of 19 [453 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 16, 17, 18, 19 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: