electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Help
Radio button added to header
Page 2 of 3 [73 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I exit IE and restart it it is able to connect though.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you have a debug menu in IE.. and logging of the render tree and all that.. like you have in Safari??

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uh.. what I mean is that the debug tools in Safari can often be used for making sense of what goes wrong and where and sometimes even why.. so.. do you have such basic stuff in IE?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not like that ... it is possible to debug in IE but some windows debugging stuff has to be turned on that really should be off ... it's easier to use the debugging tools of Mozilla (or probably Safari) for debugging IE Wink
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What exact build of IE are you running? Help-> About Internet Explorer

Home,My Studio,and another view
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="elektro80"]Do you have a debug menu in IE.. and logging of the render tree and all that.. like you have in Safari??

Given that so many of us are Windows users, you would think there would be a Debug entry in every application Wink
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:
elektro80 wrote:
Do you have a debug menu in IE.. and logging of the render tree and all that.. like you have in Safari??

Given that so many of us are Windows users, you would think there would be a Debug entry in every application Wink

Yes.. ? Shocked

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
cappy2112 wrote:
elektro80 wrote:

Yes.. ? Shocked

tools, internet options, advanced, uncheck disable script debugging.

I don't think it is a scripting bug though.
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm confused. If I click the "tune In" button on the top, is something supposeed to happen? It doesn't for me.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
cappy2112

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mohoyoho wrote:
I'm confused. If I click the "tune In" button on the top, is something supposed to happen? It doesn't for me.

It depends on if Howard is broadcasting.
I was listening to it the last few days.

You should see a dialog which asks you to download a playlist- depending on how you have your browser configured. It may have downloaded it automatically. It's 5:18PM Pacific time, and the link works for me.

You may have internet security software or the google toolbar (etc) blocking popups or something similar.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mohoyoho wrote:
I'm confused. If I click the "tune In" button on the top, is something supposeed to happen? It doesn't for me.

You are supposed to get a listen.pls file shot at you from port 8050 on the streaming server.

A pls file is a text playlist file..

Contents may look like this:

Code:
[playlist]
NumberOfEntries=1
File1=http://radio.electro-music.com:8050/

iTunes will "play" this file.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK. Finally I have this figured out. I've spent way too much time on this but I learned a lot along the way. I'm an AJAX practictioner now. Very Happy

IE should work just as well as Firefox now. If it doesn't, restart your browser and if that doesn't help then delete you cache files. That might help in Safari and Firefox too.

The IE debugger you get from Microsoft is so bad it is pathetic. It's almost impossible to debug with IE. I don't want to go into the details of this now, but IE is a real disaster. Unfortunately, there are people that use it so I have to support it.

Still, if you are using IE, I don't understand why. You are really not experiiencing the internet as you should.

Anyhow, please let me know if there are any other problems.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mohoyoho

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It just won't work for me. I've turned off all blockers, and uninstalled the Google bar. If I go to Winamp and link to http://radio.electro-music.com:8070 I hear it. I don't know if that will be any help to me on the 31st.

Even when I go to the streaming site and link to LISTEN I get nothing. I have to enter the URL into Winamp.

Acoustic Interloper

Audio files: 89

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
A pls file is a text playlist file..

Contents may look like this:

Code:
[playlist]
NumberOfEntries=1
File1=http://radio.electro-music.com:8050/

iTunes will "play" this file.

mosc wrote:
OK. Finally I have this figured out. I've spent way too much time on this but I learned a lot along the way. I'm an AJAX practictioner now. Very Happy

IE should work just as well as Firefox now. If it doesn't, restart your browser and if that doesn't help then delete you cache files. That might help in Safari and Firefox too.

The IE debugger you get from Microsoft is so bad it is pathetic. It's almost impossible to debug with IE. I don't want to go into the details of this now, but IE is a real disaster. Unfortunately, there are people that use it so I have to support it.

Still, if you are using IE, I don't understand why. You are really not experiiencing the internet as you should.

Anyhow, please let me know if there are any other problems.

I get a PerlScript syntax error from both IE and Firefox on XP, and I am wondering whether this is because I don't have a Perl plugin installed. If I go to "Internet Options->Programs->manage Add-ons" under IE, I don't see a Perl interpreter. Seems like a plugin problem.

I can just 'cat' the .pls file and open the URL manually wirth no problems, so that is what I am doing for now. Just thought I'd pass a data point along. Thanks, can't wait!

EDIT: Almost forgot, safari out of the box on OSX works OK. No manual URL stuffing required. Score 1 for Apple in the ongoing war.

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing and I don't see the orange button anymore in firefox (restarts and cache flushes don't help) ... it's present in IE tho and working.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mohoyoho wrote:
It just won't work for me. I've turned off all blockers, and uninstalled the Google bar. If I go to Winamp and link to http://radio.electro-music.com:8070 I hear it. I don't know if that will be any help to me on the 31st.

Even when I go to the streaming site and link to LISTEN I get nothing. I have to enter the URL into Winamp.

Google bar has no negative effect so I'd use it as it's very convenient.

This seems to be a problem with your local browser configuration. I guess you are still using IE. Unlike Safari or Firefox, I've yet to find a convenient way to tell IE what to do when it hits a pls file. I suggest you close IE and reinstall Winamp. There is a new version anyway. 2.51.

Better yet, install Firefox. BTW, when you install Firefox it will ask you if you want to import your bookmarks from IE if that is what is causing you to be reluctant.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Howard, can I suggest that you change the button to;

"Tune in, turn on, drop out"?

Wink Laughing

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Acoustic Interloper wrote:

I get a PerlScript syntax error from both IE and Firefox on XP, and I am wondering whether this is because I don't have a Perl plugin installed. If I go to "Internet Options->Programs->manage Add-ons" under IE, I don't see a Perl interpreter. Seems like a plugin problem.

I can just 'cat' the .pls file and open the URL manually wirth no problems, so that is what I am doing for now. Just thought I'd pass a data point along. Thanks, can't wait!

EDIT: Almost forgot, safari out of the box on OSX works OK. No manual URL stuffing required. Score 1 for Apple in the ongoing war.

Apparently somewhere along the line you installed something that will treat pls as a Perl script. Looks like in this war you shot yourself in the foot. Laughing

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
Howard, can I suggest that you change the button to;

"Tune in, turn on, drop out"?

I did that once and it took me three years two recover. Rolling Eyes Wink

Tune in, Turn on - better advice.

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Laughing and I don't see the orange button anymore in firefox (restarts and cache flushes don't help) ... it's present in IE tho and working.

doh shakng2

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh oh, hopefully that won't cost you another three years Crying or Very sad
Mohoyoho

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK. Now I have Firefox. Where's the button? Boy, it's made a mess of my bookmarks. I'm going to have to figure out how that works.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, Mark, you made the right move.

Don't see the button?

When you click on the Radio link at the top of the page do you get a page with a relatively big ON AIR graphic - or something that says the server is down?

Mohoyoho

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No. It just says server will be refreshed in 0 seconds. With IE I used to get a big graphic that would tell me Mosc was on air.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In fire fox: The radio page says it will refresh in 0 seconds. The java script debug console scrolls like mad and has a "not enough arguments" error for some ajax function, but I can't really see it, it scrolls too fast.
Page 2 of 3 [73 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Help
Jump to: