electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Full Klee Parts Kit Ordering has Ended . Thanks so much!
Page 2 of 3 [51 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Kartoshka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

loss1234 wrote:
does this kit come with sliders or pots?

nope, you have to hunt them yourself Cool
tomcat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:
Quote:
yes, machine pin sockets. the good ones

I can send you machined socket strips for a small offset in the kit fee if you like ???? Let me know and I will work up the difference before you order.

These strips are "MIL" grade and vibration resistant. Personally, the open frame sockets I have been kitting seem fine and really hold the IC's in very well but hey, to each his own .......

Im using them everywhere. You also can just omit the sockets for my kits, i order them always in bigger amounts Wink
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Im using them everywhere. You also can just omit the sockets for my kits, i order them always in bigger amounts

OK then Wink I got your heads up in the private mailing .... 2 kits right?

I think I may stock these strips in the future just in case folks want them. I have to see how much they are in bulk quantites ... Who is your source??

Thanks,
Bill
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, so far the total EM-KLEE parts kits sold is "22" !!! Thanks !! The goal is 50 and if that number is reached, I donate an extra $100.00 to electro-music for $600.00 total.

Thanks for all your support !!! I plan to sit down this evening and start the process of kitting up what has been ordered thus far Wink

Sincerely,
Bill
Kartoshka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

finally got my payment.
Freelance is a headache, friends.

Ordered one immediately.
Bill, i wrote you an important note about shipping, on paypal notification.
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
finally got my payment.
Freelance is a headache, friends.

Yes, got it !!!! Wink

Quote:
Ordered one immediately.
Bill, i wrote you an important note about shipping, on paypal notification.

Your instructions have been noted ........
Thanks for your support Very Happy

Bill
Kartoshka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, the pleasure is mine! Embarassed
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just an update to those who have ordered parts. I just ordered many 1000's of parts today from three venders and have packaged many parts already. Estimated time to start delivering parts is on or before April 15 ... Thanks very much for your support and patience !!!

Bill
scriptstyle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey bill i made an order iwas just wondering what address you have for me? my paypal got messed up and i was wondering it was before or after i placed that order..

garret
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
hey bill i made an order iwas just wondering what address you have for me? my paypal got messed up and i was wondering it was before or after i placed that order..

Hi Garret,

I sent you a PM ....... Wink

Bill
tomcat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:
Quote:
Im using them everywhere. You also can just omit the sockets for my kits, i order them always in bigger amounts

OK then Wink I got your heads up in the private mailing .... 2 kits right?

I think I may stock these strips in the future just in case folks want them. I have to see how much they are in bulk quantites ... Who is your source??
l

Sorry, was offline for a while. Thats real holidays Smile

Maybe you can add a can full with spare time so i get more time to finish my klees Wink

The sockets i order normally from reichelt in germany, so not very usefull for you. Here in europe you get them everywhere. Imho digikey, mouser and the other usual suspects should have them as well. Compared to the building costs of modules its just a fraction of the costs, thats why i use them all the time. Maybe overkill, but i prefer to do it 100% the first time instead of having headaches later Cool
tomcat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I checked, ok they cost 3 times more then the normal sockets. But with machined pins and gold plated ... so they will outlive me Wink

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
checked, ok they cost 3 times more then the normal sockets. But with machined pins and gold plated ... so they will outlive me

No doubt they are fine sockets. Wink Impossible for IC's to back out during shock and vibration. If you go on the road alot with your gear, these are probably the best choice next to soldering the chips onto the board.

Bill
Krelnarb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got my kit today.

Thank you very much!

k
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Got my kit today.

Thank you very much!

Great news. I hope you are satisfied with the product.

For others that that may be wondering, I have mailed out 30 Klee parts kits on Friday, April 11. Half of those were overseas deliveries so please be patient as it may take up to two or three weeks depending on destination.

There are 4 remaining kits that will need to be delivered. I have all the parts for them but I am waiting for one darn vender who is taking their time delivering all my connector supplies. If it takes much longer, I may kit the parts, ship those and then ship the connector kits at a later date. This way folks can get started on their Klee boards. IN fact, after Analog Heaven on April 26, if the connector parts have not arrived I will do ship those parts kits in two shipments.

My sincere apologies for that.

For those who get your kits .... enjoy and please leave your feedback as to how you like the packaging or give me any suggestions on how you think it could be better to speed up your building process.

Thanks all.
Bill
Uncle Krunkus

Audio files: 52
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Keep up the good work Bill!
"You're a scholar and a gentleman!" Very Happy

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Keep up the good work Bill!
"You're a scholar and a gentleman!

Thank you Andy, that means alot to me Very Happy

Bill
bugfight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

got mine, thanks.
it may be a few weeks before i get to it though...
MGA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parts kit just arrived in Tasmania.
Razz
I can't wait to drive my ARP 2600 with this!

Cheers,
Keith
toybox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

got mine once again thanks Bill!!!
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great guys ....... glad people are getting their parts ! Any questions, issues, please drop a line here or send me a PM Very Happy

Bill
Ilanode

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kit just has arrived! Looks great and will be a *big* help to get my Klee runnig in the not too distant future. Thanks!
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally got my connector parts so now I can ship complete parts kits for the Klee. When I get back from Analog Heaven this weekend, I will ship full kits for the following who are waiting for their kits and other items they purchased from me. These are from my March orders only:

1) Ethan Hurlburt
2) Thomas White
3) Kent Iverson

Your items will be shipped next week. Thanks again for your patience !!

Bill

PS: The April orders will ship by second week of May ........ Then, the Klee parts business shall cease ....... Wink
eskimo

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PS: The April orders will ship by second week of May ........ Then, the Klee parts business shall cease .......

will you take an order on may 2nd thats pay day.
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
PS: The April orders will ship by second week of May ........ Then, the Klee parts business shall cease .......

will you take an order on may 2nd thats pay day.

Sure, thats OK, I could not be that mean Evil or Very Mad Very Happy

Order when you can ........

Bill
Page 2 of 3 [51 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Jump to: