electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Easy Mods for Blacet Improbability Drive - ID2510
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
BananaPlug

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Easy Mods for Blacet Improbability Drive - ID2510 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Folks,

The Blacet ID2510 (fancy noise source) has a lot of blocks in its block diagram. These simple mods give you a little more access. The usual disclaimers apply: don't get in over your head, forget about your warranty, etc. Also, I made mine with banana plugs so where I've added a jack and a switch you would probably use a switching mini-jack. I used very stubby switches so they don't crowd the knobs.

#1 There's a multi-mode filter with a switch that lets you select band pass or low passed noise as an input to a sample and hold. The output of the S&H feeds a quantizer and both outputs are available at the panel. Mod #1 lets you feed the S&H / quantizer with an external signal.

Add the jack & SPDT switch. Wire the jack to one side of the new switch. Take the wire off the center lug of the existing switch (Filter LP/BP) and move it to the center lug of the new switch. Run a new wire between the two remaining switch lugs.

#2 That quantizer is a nice piece of work. Good Mister Blacet even provided a choice of four scales using a little trim pot on the PCB. This mod simply remotes it to the front panel.

Remove RT2. Install a 50K linear pot on the panel. Hook up the three wires. Piece-o-cake.

#3 This one doesn't really count. A choice of internal or external S&H clock is a standard feature accomplished with a switching jack. When I bananafied this module I needed to add a switch.

That's enough for me but if you like drilling holes I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to provide patch points for the in and out of the filter.

Enjoy!

ID2510mods.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.64 KB
 Viewed:  5188 Time(s)

ID2510mods.jpg

fluxmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Easy Mods for Blacet Improbability Drive - ID2510 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BananaPlug wrote:
#2 That quantizer is a nice piece of work. Good Mister Blacet even provided a choice of four scales using a little trim pot on the PCB. This mod simply remotes it to the front panel.

Remove RT2. Install a 50K linear pot on the panel. Hook up the three wires. Piece-o-cake.

i'll second that; my minimally invasive version loses the clock-CV input and uses that panel hole to mount the pot. i can still patch in an external clock and CV that if needed.

sweet module.

bbob
www.fluxmonkey.com
synth_ollie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice, more module-modding for the masses ! Smile
eyehue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for these easy mods! totally great and totally necessary!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: