electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
Check out my newest composition!
Page 1 of 2 [26 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Norm Vogel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Check out my newest composition! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Go to my website (below) and click on the img for the first song, "Maniac!".

The samples are from the 1933 "Old House" mystery, "Night of Terror".

"Sinister Dance Music"....don't let the Boogieman get 'ya! Very Happy

Norm

Normusic !

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oooh, that's maniacal, Norm. Laughing
Last edited by mosc on Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Norm Vogel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes.....that was my intent......to make it "creepy"! (U should see the movie it's from!).

I had a bit of a problem mixing that down from my multitrack into my pc (stereo). I connect an Alesis compressor/limiter between the two......

For some reason, my "VU meters" on the PC kept going into the red, but when you listen to it, it doesn't seem to be that loud......i don't get it.

Mebbe because it's a more "sparse" song than most of my stuff?

Norm

Normusic !

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't tell you what your meters really mean. If you work at an FM radio station, you immediately find out that you run everything in the red.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Norm Vogel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: True! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

......but, i've always been taught that red means "distortion", but methinkks that, with the new equipment, "times have changed"!

Norm

Normusic !

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: True! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Norm Vogel wrote:
"times have changed"!

So, you've noticed too...
Norm Vogel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Yes.......... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...........but, i can't say for the BETTER! (I know i'm starting to sound like my parents....actually, i've BECOME them! LOL!), but it's true!

Norm Crying or Very sad

Normusic !

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We are all one, or should I say One.

Anyway, there are lots of things that are better now. Vu meters might not be one of them, but there are certainly ones that are... Laughing
Norm Vogel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Meters Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Give me the old "needle-type" ANY day!

Norm

Normusic !

markentingh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
For some reason, my "VU meters" on the PC kept going into the red, but when you listen to it, it doesn't seem to be that loud......i don't get it.

When the VU meters goes red, that usually means you are sending too much data to your sound card, reciever, or whatever you are using, thus creating distortion. If you are using a compressor, you should plug a limiter up to that and also plug the compressor up to an equalizer

music --> EQ --> Comp --> Limiter --> soundcard

I use a nifty application called T-Racks that works like a charm. It comes with an EQ, Tube Compressor, and Limiter and it maximizes the volume to almost 0db without clipping at all.
Norm Vogel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Hi! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Alesis unit i'm using IS a limiter AND compressor. (It's the "nanocompressor").

A freq eq? hm.............the software i use to record the music in my pc has one.....i'll try that!

Thank you! Very Happy

Norm

Normusic !

markentingh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what i usually do when my music isn't loud enough is this; I mess with the input and output of both my compressor and limiter, most of the time, if you lower your input and raise your output for the compressor, things work just fine and everything sounds crisp and loud.
If that doesn't work, I have no idea what to tell you then except try using T-Racks because I've used all kinds of mastering tools, and T-Racks is my favorite.
Johan Zwart

Audio files: 19
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A maniac a day, keeps the doctor away.
Shocked

Dovdimus Prime

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Oooh, that's maniacal, Norm. Laughing

Funny, in the UK that would definitely be perceived as sarcasm. Got to get used to this pan-national multiculture thingy.

I'll give your thingy a listen once it's all downloaded and all that business.
Dovdimus Prime

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In fact, I'll give the whole lot a listen and give you a toot when I'm done.
Norm Vogel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Hi! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Give my music a shot!

Norm

btw....r u sure you're not MORRISSEY?!?!? Question

Normusic !

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ask him what he thinks of spare ribs eh?
Cool

That is the Morissey test.. you know..

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Norm Vogel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Morrissey Test? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What IS the "Morrissey Test"? I used to really like him, but recently saw him on a BBC interview.........what a psycho!

I think he should do himself (AND us!) a favor by putting a bullet thru his head.

Norm Exclamation

Normusic !

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well.. you remember that "meat is murder" business.. ask the dude if he eats meat..

Hmm.. I have seen some interviews.. he seems a bit.. well. like an aquired taste really.. I never really liked their music much. I never found it interesting.. hmm.. well.. there was this one song I think.. but they had this singer called Morissey.. such luck... anyway.. I am sure this is decent pop and all that.. tut tut.. where is that gin tonic ....JEEVES??? Bring my slippers too please..

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Dovdimus Prime

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know anything about Morrissey, except that Norm apparently thinks I look like him.

You guys have conversations I don't understand.

JEEVES!! Rub those two neutrons together until the nectarines are good and juicy!
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dovdimus Prime wrote:

You guys have conversations I don't understand.

JEEVES!! Rub those two neutrons together until the nectarines are good and juicy!

I think you are doing just fine....

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Square

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: "Funker Vogl" Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello,
it's not my kind of music but i think it's nice !
good stuff groovy and very good sound

Wink

square

Norm Vogel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Morrissey Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"You guys have conversations I don't understand. "

When i said that you "resembled Morrissey", i meant that facetiously.......

I've always liked him (esp. when he was with the Smiths), but after seeing him on a tv program, i think he's NUTS!

He's been living in the USA for several years now, BUT he trashes it in one song on his new cd.

THAT'S what i was referring to.

Norm

Normusic !

Dovdimus Prime

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yikes! Did I trash the USA?

If I did it was entirely unintentional. I need to take more care with my giant reptilian tail.

How'm I doing Elektro? Am I doing good?
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Indeed squire, doing well.. keep it up..

Cool

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Page 1 of 2 [26 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: