electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
improvised electronics "i want to move your mind"-
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
m.e.s.s.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: improvised electronics "i want to move your mind"- Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello fellow electronicists and music lovers. My name is Akili i am from philadelphia. I have created a new and different kind of ambient/electronicstyle called M.E.S.S. (Mechanical Electronic Synthetic Scatteredbeats) -so not to alienate it completely; you could say it's similar to braindance in a way, but it has it's own flow. What makes M.E.S.S. really interesting is that it's improvised, i can not ever make the same song twice, no way they say, but yes!- it is.
I have been making beats for 2- 3 years now i started out making d-d-d- drum and b-b-b-bass on some technics, but i got sick of the lack of originality behind spinning records -you know?- so i stepped it up and started to create my own beats....... It's like skateboarding you know?; every one wants and has their own unique flow,- unless they're biters of course. Therefore "M.E.S.S. was created to test the limitations of minimal sounds, to complex harmonious melodies. Its Air light sounds are anchored to heavy layers of electric pulses"...........
My favorite thing about electronic music is working with other electronicists and progressing within the creation aspect not just with the music but the relationships that you can build with others also, so you can come to an understanding of why and how people make music. So yes i am always down to work with others to create some dark, light, melodic, harmonious, and just beautifuly interesting beats. I am interested in hearing your music if you would like to send me a song- or two Very Happy I will glady check them out, and if you are interested in hearing a song or two by m.e.s.s. or anything else, reply here or e-mail me at societysuks@yahoo.com with a e-mail, phone#, or some other way to contact you and i will try to send you a song- cool? and if there is anything that you think i should add to this introduction of myself let me know- ok oh and don't forget- Without sound there would be nothing, sound is everything. Therefore anything that can be heard can be seen. .......Peace- especially in the middle-east.

Last edited by m.e.s.s. on Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:48 am; edited 3 times in total
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Who likes great interesting electronic music- M.E.S.S. d Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m.e.s.s. wrote:
M.E.S.S. (Mechanical Electronic Synthetic Scatteredbeats)

welcome m.e.s.s. to electro-music.com
welcome
what an acronym you made up beer

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
m.e.s.s.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah it kind of just came to me.....slick.
But when you are on a journey to make something differen-t i feel that sometimes your imagination will run wild. Shocked
Michael Chocholak

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Akili. Not sure what braindance is (are you familiar with the guitar based brain music of Neil Slade?), but I'm always stalking for sonic things new & different. "A different kind of ambience" sounds intriguing. I also write using what I refer to as 'structured improvisation' which is recognizable but different each time. I like the concept for a lot of reasons including the fact that you can retain basic concepts, approaches & processes and allow them to continue to be fresh & vital.

So... no web page or tracks on an OMD somewhere? Is that going to be changing? Might do a trade.

(Philly, huh? - Hang out much at the Ben Franklin Institute? Do they still have that little gizmo where you press the keys which in turn lowers paper cones onto spinning wheels so that they 'sing'? Always loved that thing) Cool

I was seriously tempted to give up everything and go be a farmer or something... - Jack Endino, Seattle record producer
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Michael
I'm also doing what I think of as structured improvisation. I would be interested to hear your ideas and techniques. Maybe we can start a new thread to discuss this.
Michael Chocholak wrote:
Hey Akili. Not sure what braindance is (are you familiar with the guitar based brain music of Neil Slade?), but I'm always stalking for sonic things new & different. "A different kind of ambience" sounds intriguing. I also write using what I refer to as 'structured improvisation' which is recognizable but different each time. I like the concept for a lot of reasons including the fact that you can retain basic concepts, approaches & processes and allow them to continue to be fresh & vital.
m.e.s.s.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: what is braindance Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

braindance is very special, beautiful, and unique type of music that truly can go in any direction but still be able to sound like braindance, it uses out of the ordinary rythms and sounds, to play with your head or "brain" so to speak.... it's so weird- you should check out bogdan raczynski or astrobotnia these guys are just plain beautiful and are great examples of braindance .....but mess. ha ha! ...it is similar but is scattered beats instead so it focuses more on tricky rythms and an overall climax which is good and bad it's good cause it keeps your head moving, but its bad cause sometimes you feel as if it left you hangin'...
no i have never heard of neil slade it sounds super interesting though...
The franklin institute, nope ican't say that i ve been there recently used to go there for the latenight laser light shows though-all kinds of fucked up i might add so...i saw the crappy x games movie on i max there....it didn't make the movie any better though- i just wanted to see something else on i max instead....
spiz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m.e.s.s. wrote:

But when you are on a journey to make something differen-t i feel that sometimes your imagination will run wild. Shocked

MESS,
I totally know what you mean. I have nights very often where I'm
sampling from numerous places, working on beats, songs, whatever,
and you literally go insane with excitement, and most notably the
endless possibilities that are presenting themselves at that moment.
Anyone that sees you at that time, doesn't know how to respond to
your energy because you're actually vibrating at a higher frequency.

viva improvisation!

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm, I must have missed this topic.

Welcome, Akili. We met, I think, I the first Opensource in Philly. I can say that your music is very interesting. I liked it a lot and I know it wasn't exactly right because you were having some technical problems at the time.

Anyhow, it would be great to get together and jam with you. It might take us some time to "match tunes" but that's the fun part anyway.

welcome
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
m.e.s.s.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: hey howard! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i would enjoy that very much, i just did a show at kismet in DE, no technical problems this time, cause i was using a computer, no laptops after that first experience they kind of sketch me out. I don' t think they can handle what i am trying to do yet...But yeah just let me know when and where and i ll be there, and i will do the same.
m.e.s.s.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

spiz wrote:
m.e.s.s. wrote:

MESS,
I totally know what you mean. I have nights very often where I'm
sampling from numerous places, working on beats, songs, whatever,
and you literally go insane with excitement, and most notably the
endless possibilities that are presenting themselves at that moment.
Anyone that sees you at that time, doesn't know how to respond to
your energy because you're actually vibrating at a higher frequency.

viva improvisation!

yeah sometimes it's a lot of thinking and focusing on the now with your eyes, but my mind is like 5 minutes in the future and it's like everything around me slowly just fades away and my body is just an out-put source for something that already exists on a higher consciousness, it's sooo deep and weird...the feeling of it i mean..
Johan Zwart

Audio files: 19
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, i'm MESSing with sounds too. Wink
Sorry couldn't resist. All that namecalling is a bit confusing for me.

Welcome anyway. angel

Michael Chocholak

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Hey Michael
I'm also doing what I think of as structured improvisation. I would be interested to hear your ideas and techniques. Maybe we can start a new thread to discuss this.

Will fire one up!

I was seriously tempted to give up everything and go be a farmer or something... - Jack Endino, Seattle record producer
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
Jump to: