electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Help ordering from Reichelt from U.S.
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
numbertalk

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Help ordering from Reichelt from U.S. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do I order from reichelt.de from the U.S.? My german isn't so great. It looks like they might only accept bank transfer or payment on delivery? I kind of started to check out and create an account but am not sure exactly what I did to be honest and would like to be more confident that I'm submitting everything correctly (and am hoping I could pay with a credit card). Anyone else who has ever ordered from them from the U.S. who could help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Funky40

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi,

I'm not US, but as a Swiss also a Foreigner.

As such, you must be aware that there is a minimal Ordervalue limit of 150€ that you must reach Exclamation
Payment is then by prepaying.
I cannot say anything about Creditcards.( i think thats nort a Problem )

Then:
you pay.......i pay 50€ in general for shipping. ( this is the initial shipping tax. It increase when Packetweight reaches a certain Weight _maybe_ also for Overseas, i dunno )
This incloudes the horrible Banktransfer costs for EU Foreigners ( Switzerland is NOT in the EU)

maybe you try this phone to ask:
0049 / 4422 - 955 105 ( Accountstaff/ Bookkeeping )
they have a own Phone for Orders from Foreigners, but i can't find it )
(they will have english speaking people for shure at Reichelt)
jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think on the long run the best solution would be for a specialized shop to step in here.

I definitely can't go into the kits and parts business myself, but if anybody is interested to become an "authorized seller of JH design diy kits" Very Happy or whatever, please get in contact with me. (email, no PM please.)

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
numbertalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Funky. Not good news but good to know that it's time to start looking somewhere else for the components I need.

Funky40 wrote:
hi,

I'm not US, but as a Swiss also a Foreigner.

As such, you must be aware that there is a minimal Ordervalue limit of 150€ that you must reach Exclamation
Payment is then by prepaying.
I cannot say anything about Creditcards.( i think thats nort a Problem )

Then:
you pay.......i pay 50€ in general for shipping. ( this is the initial shipping tax. It increase when Packetweight reaches a certain Weight _maybe_ also for Overseas, i dunno )
This incloudes the horrible Banktransfer costs for EU Foreigners ( Switzerland is NOT in the EU)

maybe you try this phone to ask:
0049 / 4422 - 955 105 ( Accountstaff/ Bookkeeping )
they have a own Phone for Orders from Foreigners, but i can't find it )
(they will have english speaking people for shure at Reichelt)
Funky40

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe you US Guys should make a Groupbuy at Reichelt.
they have some stuff much cheaper then in the US.

We do here the same for US Orders, and we Swiss' also for Reichelt Orders.
In the German Synthforum were many Groupbuys organised-. Really Many !
Forums like this one are great to organise such things..
Stavros

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry I had not seen these posts before.

Do not complain "Foreigners"... "Reichelt" is a "somehow different" German Co.!?, which is a pity as they are a very good company overall.
It seems to me that they have gone through a transition without revising their policies.

Why I say that?

I live in EU, where we are supposed to be treated equally in trade with no borders in between, and where we are transferring money from one country to the other in just one day with only 5,00 Euro bank costs, but the minimum prepaid order (Bank Transfer - No Credit Cards!) of 150 Euro is also valid for me. And they still charge me 50 Euro for shipping!
The last one is not stated any where before hand!

I respect their 150 Euro term, it is their own company (even though they would had to do a lot of explaining to the European Commission and would probably be fined, should one would complain about it), but I was surprised when I received my first order confirmation, as they had increased the initially, computer computed shipping cost of 8 Euro to 50 Euro. and questioned them about the shipping cost as the real one with DHL was less than 15 Euro.
My order was about 450 Euro and weighted less than 2Kgr. They replied to me that they had to prepare special export papers etc. which excused their higher cost! This was not true as they needed No export papers.

I went back explaining to them that I was a EU, private customer, not a company, thus they had to do nothing more than what they daily do for their German Customers, and the only difference was the higher (a bit) shipping cost. I also offered them examples of other German Companies, in the same field of electronics, that have one policy for all EU customers including Germans.

They never replied and they still continue same Policy.

I have to admit that they do have good prices and a large variety.
I do shop from them when I have a good deal of goods and their better price makes up for the shipping difference, but I use others for everything in between. I assume many others do the same.

Regards

SG
jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't say much about Reichelt's export policies.

Except that I'm glad that Tobias has started to sell part kits for my PCBs, which _should_ help avoiding trouble like you described.

I think the thread dates back to before Tobias started - but meanwhile the situation to get parts for my projects should be a lot better that it was back then ...

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
Stavros

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Jurgen, Yes it does help a lot

Thank you and Best regards

Stavros
numbertalk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By the way, I saw on bridechamber something about Triple Chorus and the Compact Phasing projects coming in October. Someone said they were pretty sure these were just panels - is this the case or will bridechamber also carry PCBs and kits for these? Last time I asked Scott (a while ago) about the TDA BBD ICs he didn't sound confident in finding them.
guitarfool

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've built all of the boards (except the Schulte phaser) that Mr. Hailble has offered here, and I was able to get all of the parts at either Smallbear or Mouser. Which parts are you looking for? I can probably give you the Mouser part numbers.
numbertalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You probably built the Triple Chorus when small bear still had TDA1022s and were lucky enough to get some there (this project actually wiped him out of them) - now they aren't so easy or inexpensive to come by.

Not to mention JH doesn't have PCBs for this project any longer either.

guitarfool wrote:
I've built all of the boards (except the Schulte phaser) that Mr. Hailble has offered here, and I was able to get all of the parts at either Smallbear or Mouser. Which parts are you looking for? I can probably give you the Mouser part numbers.
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: